• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Joltik was adorable, it looked like the size of a crumbled tissue. Isn't it like the smallest pokemon "shown" so far through out pokemon?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
My favorite art style, and my favorite Pokemon :3

That was a fun episode. I thought Ash's Oshawott was kind of a derp, but this episode makes me think otherwise XD

BlueDragonfangirl

The episode was pretty good, the otter again cracks me up like always and I really liked the bonding Ash and him did here.

RickHoenn

Banned
Nice episode, Oshawott always deliver funny antics and I loved that Ash trained his pokemon :D, it was great Osha beat Blitzle at the end.

pkGamerB

I'll shred ya.
I really enjoyed this episode. It had its share of funny Oshawott moments, and it was great to see him getting some actual development too. The little guy genuinely seems to want to get stronger, and he was willing to work for it. Too bad he didn't master Aqua Jet in this ep, but he seems to have really improved his speed and power. I mean, just look at that puny tackle it used in the gym battle with Cilan compared to the ones it used against Blitzle. Hopefully all of this recent training will lead to an evolution soon (possibly in or just before the next gym with all of this training vs electric types lately?)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And speaking of Aqua Jet, I really hope that Mijumaru's Aqua Jet isn't always going to look like that, cuz it just looks kinda ridiculous with Mijumaru on his back flying backwards, especially since he starts out facing forward. It's no wonder he can't control the damn thing, have you ever tried playing a video game upside down and backwards at the same time?

He is scared of it, so he doesn't do it facing forward and can't aim because of that, when he perfects it, it will eventually turn to the front instead of being scared and not being able to aim.

The manga scan in the movie has it doing it the right way already, so according to that he should get it right before the movie.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This episode was good. Not my favorite, but a good one. But its in my top 5 Unova episodes.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
This episode wasn't bad. I think Oshawott wouldn't be able to live without its shell for long, considering the fact that its shell develops into a super sharp horn in its final form, Samurott.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I thought the shells turn into the scabbards for the swords that Samurott wields...
But yeah, glad that episode came on. I love episodes themed on Oshawott :D
Here's hope it'll evolve before the next gym. And actually evolve into its final evo.

Last edited:

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I thought the shells turn into the scabbards for the swords that Samurott wields...
But yeah, glad that episode came on. I love episodes themed on Oshawott :D
Here's hope it'll evolve before the next gym. And actually evolve into its final evo.

A lot of Ash's Pokemon never reach their final form. Let's keep our fingers crossed for his Unova team.

gliscor&yanmega

Joltik was adorable, it looked like the size of a crumbled tissue. Isn't it like the smallest pokemon "shown" so far through out pokemon?

It's the smallest Pokemon overall. There's not a single Pokemon that is smaller, when using the dex sizes. The anime can easily throw in a oddly size Pokemon and make it even smaller, but other then that no Pokemon is smaller.

Joltik was awesome, even if it was just there for a very short time.

Cilan was awesome in this episode as well. Cilan just being Cilan.

Iris took a back seat in this episode, not much stuff from here that I enjoyed. She was just there.

I was hoping Oshawott would master Aqua Jet here, but I guess Speed and Power increase is better then nothing.

It was a nice episode overall for me.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I just rewatched this episode, and if Oshawott doesn't end up as the big gun of Unova I will eat my head. They made so many references to his speed it's just too obvious. We all know Ash works well with speedsters, and given Sceptile and Infernape were often described as being very fast I don't think it's a ridiculous assumption that Ash's powerhouses always have some kind of speed or agility advantage (Zard's=flight). As such, I'm sure Oshawott will go all the way and be the regions heavy hitter.

Beautiful animation btw, and a good battle. I liked the side by side Aqua Jet/Flame Charge ram battle, was an excellent way to finish the fight.

Chill92

Minor thing, but during the rematch, Ash was conteplating on which move Oshawott should use after using many tackles, (Aqua jet low control and lack of scallchop making Razor blade unusable) but I don't get why he didn't use Water gun?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Minor thing, but during the rematch, Ash was conteplating on which move Oshawott should use after using many tackles, (Aqua jet low control and lack of scallchop making Razor blade unusable) but I don't get why he didn't use Water gun?

I wondered that too. Water Gun is Oshawott's only Special Move, the rest are Physical, maybe he wanted to stick to physical moves only? thats my only guess.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wondered that too. Water Gun is Oshawott's only Special Move, the rest are Physical, maybe he wanted to stick to physical moves only? thats my only guess.

perhaps if he used Water Gun, Blitzle's electric attacks would conduct thru the water gun and hit oshawott.

Legendary Dreams

This episode was great. I thought I would be annoyed to no end because Oshawott tends to butt-in in episodes that don't concern him at all, and it happened a fair few times recently. But no, this episode was funny and yet more importantly, shows trainer-pokemon bonding, which outwrites any faults of the episode (Which I can't think of any, I won't consider Oshawott's antics annoying because it is, after all, an episode featuring him.)

Trainer-of-the-day for this episode really reminds me of those trainers you meet on routes on the way, unlike those anime ones, because Kenyan doesn't require any sort of help and is simply there for the battle. As much as we won't ever see him again, I actually hope Ash runs into him for the league (Imagine, if Unova's League included every TOTD that Ash met in Unova, it would have been epic.)

Oshawott running after his blasted-off-again Scalchop was hilarious, expected and yet sad (Imagine if you lost something you value only second to your life, the same blasted-off-again way.)

Bottle Cap reminds me of James, which reminds me that TR is now half-serious, half-jokers and don't appear in every episode, which has now effectively made them this the best season EVER in Pokemon history in terms of how TR is managed. Prior to TR vs TP they may have been a tad too serious, but considering it was for an epic 2-parter we have yet to see (XD), I'll let it go for the build-up.

Joltik.... AWWWWWW... Gosh, is the Galvantula Family destined to be the Annoyed-Pokemon-Of-The-Day (We had Galvantula for 2 episodes). I'm not complaining. Its my favorite line in Unova, and the more they appear the better!

And then came the replacement antics. Downright silly, but fun to watch. Iris and Cilan obviously didn't think about their choices through. One can be cooked and the other downright conducts electricity. Sorry Cilan, its your own fault you have to polish it again, no matter how kind your intentions were.

Dwebble making a pseudo-scalchop was a fantastic idea. Now why in the other-than-plot-demands-it world Dwebble was incapable of making a regular-sized Scalchop. Maybe Dwebbles in general aren't precision-sculptors and cannot make a Scalchop accurately in that size. After all, Cilan's Dwebble seems pretty ordinary as far as Dwebbles go.

I loved the training and encourgament scenes. Oshawott rolling backwards (and then blasting off again) and running back again was hilarious and showed determination. And his WTF? We need to do more? face when Ash said they had to continue.

The night scene (Oshawott sitting by the pond) was an emotional touch-up to the afternoon scene, less hilarious but just as good.

I went o_O when it was shown Blitzle gets an artifical power-up. But anything goes, I suppose. Side-by-side Flame Charge and Aqua Jet was a treat and technically became a SteamChargedJet in the end, pwned by a rock.

Sadly, the pseudo-Scalchop didn't last. I believe rock maniacs would pay a fortune for one XD.

And as expected, Oshawott got his Scalchop back.

I'm half disappointed that Oshawott didn't master Aqua Jet or evolved (Which I initially predicted), but to me, this episode is far from filler. I don't wish to start any debate of whether this is filler, but character development I would consider it to be non-filler. In addition, Ash performed the anime-version of EV training Attack and Speed for Oshawott this episode. Oshawott didn't came out of this episode with a correct Aqua Jet or a Dewott, but greatly improved in terms of its relationship with Ash and with greater (stats in) attack and speed.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Huh huh! Why aren't people complaining about Kenyan's eyes not having white in his eyes (what is teh word for that?)