• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

SmartD

It's a good episode. Oshawott loses its Scalchop, so it has to learn how to fight without it. In the end it manages to win againt Stephan's Blitzle.

You gotta like Cilan's reaction when his dinner cover got ruined.

XXD17

Draco rex
Yeah I thin they slipped in the dub...right before oshawott got his scalchop kicked away, Ash called for "shell blade" rather than "razor shell"...lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott's facial expressions were awesome!

I know it's facial expressions are so cute and funny! <3 ^__^

Yep, Oshawott's facial expressions saved this from being a generic training episode IMO.

You act like this is a surprise that a character gets a different name in the dub of the Pokemon Anime.

I know right? I don't see the problem with his English name. In fact, I'd say that it's easier to remember (I've always struggled to remember his Japanese name).

Maybe people finally decided to remember that this stuff has been happening since day 1?

That Melvin guy didn't appear in the first episode.

"Oshawott, use Shell Blade!"

Fail, TCPi.

They should've kept its Japanese name this whole time.

Anyway, I don't think the dub did this episodes justice. I thought that Oshawott's VA was fine as always, but Blitzle's VA was terrible. Really, it sounded like that Blitzle was dying, and I wanted them to put it out of its misery. Then you take the mistranslation into account, and it just adds insult to injury.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
He was a just a COTD so no need to give him an epic name lol

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I don't see what's wrong with them using Shell Blade, it and Razor Shell are basically synonyms for eachother so I often switch between the ENG and JP versions myself. Does anyone know where I can see the dubbed episode, BTW? I wanna hear this dying Blitzle.

AmericanPi

Write on
You gotta like Cilan's reaction when his dinner cover got ruined.

"AAAGGGHHH!!!! MY DINNER COVER!!!!" :)

Oh dear Cilan... as of now, both your spoon and your dinner cover are ruined... you'd better keep your stuff safe if you want to keep on cooking. ;)

The best part about this episode was definitely how they used a Scalchop in the scene transitions, if you know what I mean. Pretty creative, lol.

It's nice to FINALLY see Cilan's Dwebble. When was the last time we saw that crab? Too bad the shield he made didn't work. I saw Oshawott struggling with the heavy shield and I said, "Dwebble, make the shield smaller you idiot!" But when I saw what happened when Blitzle's shock wave hit the rock fragment, I was like... "Oh." *facepalm*

Overall, cute little training episode which is much better than your typical filler. I actually liked Blitzle's voice. It sounded like a real horse. :D

@jscholfield

Never mind, I thought you knew that Stephan does come back later on.

Anyway, this was a good episode. Ash was going to use Pikachu, so I'm glad he didn't, because Pikachu would've lost. (Blitzle's abilities) So Oshawott was a better choice. It was nice to actually see Dwebble again as well.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. At first I thought it was gonna be a pointless filler, but there were several parts that entertained me like Oshawott's various substitutes for his scalchop and the training for the giant rock.

matt0044

Oh, sweet tha- OH GOD KENYAN WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? IT'S KENYAN, NOT STEPHAN!

*sniff*

At least I still have you, Cilan. ;__;

It's just a name change, something which has been tradition for localizing Pokemon in other countries. Do you have a short term memory? I don't mean to insult you but your freak outs are very weird, considering they're about something that's no stranger to Pokemon.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
o_O They called Dento's cloche a dinner cover? What's wrong with cloche? tsk tsk...silly dub. That does it. Dento is TPCi's version of rice balls :p The stuff they kindly put into ENGLISH is taken out DX

matt0044

o_O They called Dento's cloche a dinner cover? What's wrong with cloche? tsk tsk...silly dub. That does it. Dento is TPCi's version of rice balls :p The stuff they kindly put into ENGLISH is taken out DX

Cloche, Dinner Cover, it's the same damn thing. I wouldn't compare it to the riceball thing since 4kids pretended that they were something completely different.

If you want to get technical...

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Cloche, Dinner Cover, it's the same damn thing. I wouldn't compare it to the riceball thing since 4kids pretended that they were something completely different.

If you want to get technical...

(I was mostly joking, but honestly I was kind of sad with them calling it a dinner cover. Probably because I had no clue what a cloche was till I watched it xD plus they said it RIGHT in there XD i hate small changes....)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Not bad. I was wondering how the dub was going to do Stephan's name gag. I totally forgot about it at the beginning, so I was thrown off when the narrator and Ash pronounced it differently.

I loved the Black and White instrumental in the training montage. This saga has the best music.

Last edited:

Geodude

Oh, sweet tha- OH GOD KENYAN WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? IT'S KENYAN, NOT STEPHAN!

*sniff*

At least I still have you, Cilan. ;__;

Wait, so you're complaining about the fact that Kenyan has a different name in the English dub, as 99% of other characters do, but you're referring to Dento by his English name? Stop and think for a minute about how ridiculous that is.