• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Face-Off Champion Code Geass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
- Winner of the first face-off: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Winner of the second face-off: Clannad: After Story
- Winner of the third face-off: Code Geass

Currently on champion round FMA:B vs CG: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...1-hour-cooldown.663716/page-109#post-18729272

Old Stuff:

Inspired by @keepitsimple ‘ s Western Cartoon Face-Off I figured we should also have 1 of these for Japanease animated series as well.

Rules
  • All SPPF rules apply.
  • Each poster can nominate at most 5 shows.
  • Each show nominated must be a completed Japenease animated tv series.
  • No Pokémon anime series is allowed (we already had a face-off for that).
  • At least 16 total nominations need to be given before the game can start though at least 20 nominations would be preferred.
  • Nominated series will compete against each other in 1 vs 1s until the list of remaining nominations becomes short enough for the final round.
  • The voting process for the 1 vs 1s will be similar to that of other such threads where each series starts at 0 points, the first to 12 points wins, and a given member needs to wait at least 8 hours after giving a series a point before they can do so again.
  • The voting process for the final round will be determined when we get to that point.

I’m nominating Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero and Death Note.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm not someone who watches a lot of anime shows, but I'll try a few nominations here:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Digimon Adventure series (Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Adventure Tri) and Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (Beyblade, Beyblade V-Force and Beyblade G-Revolution).

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
I'm not someone who watches a lot of anime shows, but I'll try a few nominations here:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters series, Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and Beyblade: G Revolution.
Is Digimon Adventure 02 a direct sequel of Digimon Adventure in that they’re in the same “Digimon era”? If so then you could count them as 1 series. Similarly you could also count the OG Beyblade seasons as 1 series since they’re in the same “Beyblade era” unless of course you only consider G Revolutions to be worth nominating.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Is Digimon Adventure 02 a direct sequel of Digimon Adventure in that they’re in the same “Digimon era”? If so then you could count them as 1 series. Similarly you could also count the OG Beyblade seasons as 1 series since they’re in the same “Beyblade era” unless of course you only consider G Revolutions to be worth nominating.
Digimon Adventure 02 is obviously a sequel of Digimon Adventure lol.

I see that case I'm nominating all of Digimon Adventure and its sequel series' (Adventure, Adventure 02 and Adventure Tri) and whole of the OG Beyblade series. :)

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Digimon Adventure is obviously a sequel of Digimon Adeventure lol.

I see that case I'm nominating all of Digimon Adventure and its sequel series' (Adventure, Adventure 02 and Tri) and whole of the OG Beyblade series. :)
Well technically tri is a film series though I guess it’s fine since it complements the preceding 2 tv series. So to confirm your nominations would be:

— Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
— Digimon Adventure Series
— Bakuten Shoot Beyblade

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes, Cory in the House is an anime ^^
Upon doing a Google Search I found out that it's originally an American TV series, produced in America too, so nope it's not an Japanese animated TV series which @Genaller states as a criteria.

Genaller

Silver Soul
LMAO the story of “Cory In The House being thought of as an anime” is hilarious, but jokes aside it won’t be counted on this face-off. I’m counting @keepitsimple ‘s nominations One Punch Man and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures as well as @Dragalge ‘s nomination Kill La Kill bringing the total number of nominations up to 11.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh, good.

Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Azumanga Dai-oh
Assassination Classroom

And, um, hmm, most of the other ones I like are still going (One Piece, My Hero Academia, etc.) So let's see....

Well, most everything else on here is a shonen, so...

Sailor Moon.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
My nominations:

Naruto
Cardcaptor Sakura
Inuyasha
Black Cat
Sailor Moon

Genaller

Silver Soul
My nominations:

Naruto
Cardcaptor Sakura
Inuyasha
Black Cat
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon has already been nominated by someone else, so if you’d like, you could nominate 1 more show.

Kirby Dragons

Love Hina
Chrome Shelled Regios
Medaka Box
Akame ga Kill

Genaller

Silver Soul
All right then here are the nominations!

0. Code Geass -> Eliminated!
1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -> Advances!
2. Steins;Gate -> Advances!
3. Fate/Zero -> Advances!
4. Death Note -> Advances!
5. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters -> Advances!
6. Digimon Adventure Series -> Eliminated!
7. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade -> Advances!
8. One Punch Man Season 1 -> Advances!
9. Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders -> Advances!
10. Kill La Kill -> Advances!
11. Space Dandy -> Advances!
12. Cowboy Bebop -> Advances!
13. Azumanga Dai-oh -> Eliminated!
14. Assassination Classroom -> Advances!
15. My Hero Academia Seasons 1-3 -> Eliminated!
16. Naruto -> Eliminated!
17. Cardcaptor Sakura -> Eliminated!
18. Inuyasha -> Eliminated!
19. Black Cat -> Eliminated!
20. Sailor Moon -> Eliminated!
21. Love Hina -> Eliminated!
22. Chrome Shelled Regios -> Eliminated!
23. Medaka Box -> Eliminated!
24. Akame ga Kill -> Eliminated!

In total there are 25 nominations. And our first match up is:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 0/12
Inuyasha 0/12

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 2/12 +
Inuyasha 0/12

You-Gi-Oh! -> Let's settle life or death stakes with... wait for it... a children’s trading card game! Also an ancient Egyptian pharaoh with 3,000 years of swag!

Inuyasha -> Everything bad that happens throughout the show almost always ends up being the same bloke’s fault! Also feudal Japan with demons!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.