• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Other Fictional Characters as Pokemon Trainers

Sprinter1988

So we have a thread for Other Nintendo Characters as Pokemon Trainers, and a thread asking what pokemon Real World People would have, so here's one to cover all other fictional characters, be they from literature, television, movies, other video games or any other point in between!

Give them one pokemon or give them a whole team, its up to you. Just be sure to explain your choices.

I'll start with three:

Elsa (from Frozen): Glaceon, Alolan Ninetales and Snover.
All three of these should be pretty much self explanatory: Glaceon and Ninetales are pretty regal looking pokemon and suit a Queen who can create ice while Snover seems like it would be a good stand-in for Olaf.
(I did consider Froslass, but then I read up on its pokedex entries - nope!)

Harry Potter: Luxray, Delibird, Mightyena, Charizard, Aegislash and Xerneas
So when dealing with a Gryffindor, the most obvious pokemon to give them is Pyroar, but I went with Luxray because I think it just looks more badass. Delibird is to represent Hedwig - its far from the best match, but its a white bird that delivers stuff and looks more fitting than Decidueye or Noctowl. Mightyena represents Padfoot - if the HP characters exist in a world of pokemon instead of having magic, Sirius Black's signature pokemon has to be Mightyena, which gets passed onto Harry when he dies. I originally wanted to go with Talonflame to represent Harry's Firebolt broomstick, but Charizard fits the role just as well, especially when you consider the number of dragons had to deal with in the series.Aegislash represents the Sword of Gryffindor that Harry used several times. Don't know where the shield aspect comes in, other than to say its references the shield charm.I didn't want to use legendaries, but Harry's patronus is super-powerful and combats evil, and Xerneas fills that role far better than Stantler or Sawsbuck

Barbara Gordon as Oracle: Mega Lopunny, Decidueye, Kirlia, Kartana, Unfezant (Male) Unfezant (Female) - Yes her entire team represents certain members of the Birds of Prey!
Mega Lopunny for Black Canary - it punches it kicks, it can learn Hyper Voice and its almost wearing fishnets! Decidueye is Huntress - not entirely happy that its an owl, what with the Court of Owls being villains, but its an archer and its a bird of prey so... Kirlia is Misfit (hands up if you know who she is!) - Kirlia can use Teleport, and Shadow Sneak both pretty much Misfit's powers. Kartana is Katana. You know why. The two Unfezant represent Hawk and Dove. I mean, the male's display feathers look like parts of Hawk's costume, so if he's the male one then Dawn Granger's Dove is the female.

So, that's three from me! Let's see what everyone else can come up with!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Poseidon, Greek god of the oceans.

Vaporeon due to the obvious, Empoleon due to it's facial trident, Dusknoir because of his Cyclops son Polyphemus, Mudsdale due to Poseidon also being in charge of earthquakes and horses, Mega Gyarados due to giant sea monster, and Primarina due to sea nymphs.