• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU 100% Stall

crazy_man

Yeah it's different but let's have a go at it. :)

Changes made in bold

Team At A Glance

186.gif
598.gif
593.gif
073.gif
227.gif
113.gif

598.png

Ferrothorn is my and probably many others' favorite tank added in the 5th generation. With impressive resistances and the ability to deal good damage back to its opponents is a quality not all stall poke's have. Although I usually use him for Spikes I will be using him for SR this time around.

598.png
593.png

Jellicent is a great partner to Ferrothorn and vice versa. Jellicent protects Ferrothorn from Fire and Fighting threats while Ferrothorn protects Jellicent from Electric, Dark, and Ghost threats. He also acts as my spin blocker, which originally was to be Evolite Dusclops but his lack of reliable recovery is a big turn off for me, least in OU.

598.png
593.png
73.png

Since I'm going 100% stall I need to maximize my hazard damage. Tentacruel is a great Toxic Spiker and can can Spin opposing hazards away as well.

598.png
593.png
73.png
227.png

To finish off my hazard damage, Skarmory can comes in with Spikes. Also my go to against very strong physical sweepers.

598.png
593.png
73.png
227.png
242.png

We stallers all know and love the SkarmBliss partnership. She can also use Heal Bell to get rid of any nasty status problems my team my pick up.

186.png
598.png
593.png
73.png
227.png
242.png

With Rain support my team gains 3 nice additions. Skarmory and Ferrothorn can fear fire types to a lesser extent, Jellicent plus Tentacruel will love boosted water attacks, and Tentacruel can benefit more healing through Rain Dish. I realize though this makes my team more acceptable to Electric poke's (even though Ferrothorn and Blissey can deal with electric threats no problem its bad to have 4 team members having a weakness to the same threat). I consider this little guy probably my team's weakest link, and if need be, might replace him for something else.

186.png
598.png
593.png
73.png
227.png
113.png

After many suggestions I went with Chansey for better defenses.

Quick Note

I realize that that with Tentacruel setting Toxic Spikes on the field that other status inducing moves like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp/Scald have less of a reason to be used. They are still in my team's movesets for early game or against Flying/Levitating poke's. Also my Electric weakness is addressed in the Team Building process section.

186.gif

Politoed @ Leftovers
Bold / Drizzle
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Toxic
Perish Song
Protect
Scald

Once the battle begins I have many choices on what to do with this pokemon. I could immediately switch out to one of my hazard users to if I can predict them to come in on resisted damage. If a stall poke comes out first I could Toxic stall them, and damage em with Scald or just Scald a physical poke hoping to burn them before I switch. Lastly if it's a poke that's trying to set up I can scare em away with Perish Song and use their switch to then also switch in to one my hazard damage users.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Iron Barbs
252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Def
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

Leech Seed first to get some recovery, then Stealth Rock for some nice hazard damage. Power Whip any Water/Ground/Rock poke's (nice neutral damage as well) or Gyro Ball against fast by fragile poke's. Ev's are to put a little more oomph into defense to handle Landorus, Haxorus, Gyarados, and Scizor better.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold / Water Absorb
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Taunt
Toxic
Recover
Scald

Taunt to prevent setting up/hazards/status, and Toxic against defensive/calm mind poke's. Recovery for awesome healing and rain boosted Scald for nice damage. Water Absorb for predicted rain boosted water attacks thrown at my team, otherwise I would have gone with Cursed Body.

073.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Bold / Rain Dish
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Protect
Scald

Most of the time he will come in to spin away hazards, otherwise against resisted attacks in order to set up Toxic Spikes. Protect to abuse Leftovers+Rain Dish healing or to scout. Rain boosted Scald for damage and for the hopeful burn. Speed EV's are to outspeed Adamant Breloom and neutral natured Politoed or Metagross.

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish / Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird

Come in on resisted damage to spike it up. Roost for temporary rock/electric weakness removal as well as recovery. Whirlwind to rack up hazard damage or rid of threats. Brave Bird over Drill Peck for more damage, even considering recoil damage.

113.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold / Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Toxic
Heal Bell
Softboiled
Seismic Toss

Toxic against stall or calm mind pokes. Heal Bell for team status recovery, and Softboiled for instant recovery. Seismic Toss over Flamethrower/Ice Beam for constant reliable damage bar Ghost types, which I'll either Toxic or switch out.

Final Glance:

186.png
598.png
593.png
73.png
227.png
113.png

Flame away, anything will be gladly noted. :)

Last edited:
I see your team turned out well, with the process of spikers, clerics, rapid spin and so on. Maybe help me with mine? As you can see below. Thats my team to be, already got a Squirtle ready. I need help bad, maybe help please?

l
V

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
Who knew Ferrothorn's ability was Drizzle?

crazy_man

I see your team turned out well, with the process of spikers, clerics, rapid spin and so on. Maybe help me with mine? As you can see below. Thats my team to be, already got a Squirtle ready. I need help bad, maybe help please?

Hijack my thread much?

Who knew Ferrothorn's ability was Drizzle?

Typo my bad. ;p

Also sorry for the double thread post, already reported it to get deleted.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Dude relax he's not hijacking your thread on jelli run 220 def EV'd drop will for taunt and surf for scald

crazy_man

Am I dropping Def EV's for speeds EV's so he can potentially burn Scizor?

And sorry about jumping on Dragonite but he shouldn't be asking for help for his team in some one else's RMT. ;p

Usatoday

Eternal God
Am I dropping Def EV's for speeds EV's so he can potentially burn Scizor?

And sorry about jumping on Dragonite but he shouldn't be asking for help for his team in some one else's RMT. ;p

Yes that and taunting chances also you could have been polite

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Blissey and Ferrothorn are your only real way to address anything using electric attacks. Only Ferrothorn if it's using Wild Charge (being physical and all). Considering it's also a rain team, you need to account for 100% accurate Thunder attacks. I'd try and consider something with an immunity to electric attacks to better address this. Gliscor and Landorus are two prime examples of options. If you also prefer, Gastrodon is another option, though I'd opt out Jellicent for it if you do, so you don't add a crippling Grass weakness too.

Also, I'm one of the few on your side. I don't think it's appropriate to use other people's threads to advertise your own thread. I also don't think you were THAT rude about it. Maybe just use a "please don't advertise your thread in mine" to keep the peace so no one assumes your being a jerk about it. :)

old man

On Guard!!!
I've seen a team like this before an the same problem exists... You rely on your entry's to cause damage yet you have no spin blocker.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
I've seen a team like this before an the same problem exists... You rely on your entry's to cause damage yet you have no spin blocker.

Uh, Jellicent is a ghost type, thus a spinblocker.

Caecenno

I see a pretty big problem here, because it's something I would be doing myself: Magic Guard users. Your team, being stall oriented, doesn't seem to be able to very well handle the likes of Clefable, Siglyph, Alakazam, etc. I'd suggest perhaps a more offensive Politoed? Specs Hydro Pump is a monstrosity in rain.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Maybe you should give the blissy subsitute to take more hits?

M4zz

Banned
Starmie is really going to be a pain for this team, as your only guaranteed checks to it are Ferrothorn and Blissey, and most Starmie are partnered with a Pokemon that beats those two checks. I'm therefore suggesting a bulky Rotom-W over Jellicent to help reduce this threat and your glaring Electric-Type weakness.

Rotom-W@Leftovers
Levitate
Modest Nature
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
~Volt Switch
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split
~Hydro Pump

You'll retain the ability to burn things with Will-O-Wisp, and you'll gain a pivot and a stronger Water-Type attack for if you need to bail yourself out in a situation. Volt-Switch allows you to actually beat Starmie after it hits you, and then appropriately send out your next Pokemon. Pain Split also allows you to beat out the Pink Blobs much easier. Because Rotom-W has Levitate, you also acquire another Ground-Type resist and another Pokemon that resists both forms of Spikes. The only downfall is that you lose out on your spin-blocker.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Starmie is really going to be a pain for this team, as your only guaranteed checks to it are Ferrothorn and Blissey, and most Starmie are partnered with a Pokemon that beats those two checks. I'm therefore suggesting a bulky Rotom-W over Jellicent to help reduce this threat and your glaring Electric-Type weakness.

Rotom-W@Leftovers
Levitate
Modest Nature
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
~Volt Switch
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split
~Hydro Pump

You'll retain the ability to burn things with Will-O-Wisp, and you'll gain a pivot and a stronger Water-Type attack for if you need to bail yourself out in a situation. Volt-Switch allows you to actually beat Starmie after it hits you, and then appropriately send out your next Pokemon. Pain Split also allows you to beat out the Pink Blobs much easier. Because Rotom-W has Levitate, you also acquire another Ground-Type resist and another Pokemon that resists both forms of Spikes. The only downfall is that you lose out on your spin-blocker.

Then he loses his spinblocker which is VITAL to stall teams. He isnt really too weak to much at all. I would suggest chansey over blissey purely for the greater defences. Maybe swap spikes for seed on ferro and add a gastrodon. Would patch up the electric weakness. Adds another water immunity and generally immensely powerful and rain with the boost. I use a choice specs set but I think a standard one would do well enough here.

Utopian

faults & feats
i recommend changing blissey over chansey to make this generic rain stall :)

crazy_man

Replaced Blissey with Evoilte Chansey.

Changed WoW to Taunt and Surf to Scald on Jellicent.

Bulky Gastroden sounds tempting but I can't really think of anyone to replace him with.

crazy_man

Here's a risky move....

Perhaps replace Politoed for Gastrodon?

Gastrodon @ Damp Rock
Calm / Storm Drain
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Rain Dance
Scald
Earth Power
Recover

crazy_man

To have one less water type, should I go with Eviolote Dusclops?

Dusclops @ Evoilite
Calm / Pressure
252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Def
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Pain Split
Night Shade

zerofield

i miss miror
Here's a risky move....

Perhaps replace Politoed for Gastrodon?

Gastrodon @ Damp Rock
Calm / Storm Drain
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Rain Dance
Scald
Earth Power
Recover

i wouldn't reccomend getting rid of politoed in a rainstall team, as even with eight turns of rain the team loses a lot of efficiency once it goes down, and you have to waste two turns (switching in/setting up) to get the all-important rain up again. with the ever-so-common volt-turn in play, it would be possible to stop gassy from even getting up rain by bringing in celebi, rotom-c, or some other threat to pressure and force a switch. rainstall has problems with rotom and that's basically a given. ferrothorn walls the thing just as well as gassy does anyway, it just doesnt block volt switch :\