• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OU] Ancalagon's Lament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molag Bal

It's evolution, baby.
This is the first OU team I put serious thought into. As you can see it's relatively easy-to-read; it's a demolish-checks and then win condition team. Nothing much else to say.

Grond (Excadrill) w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Grond is for taking care of Zard X's number 1 enemy: Stealth Rock. Earthquake does decent damage to all spinblockers trying to switch in, while Iron Head takes care of Fairies that are immune to Zard's secondary STAB. Rock Slide gives EdgeQuake coverage and lures in switching-in Talonflame.

Shadowfax (Keldeo) w/ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Keldeo takes care of threats like Heatran, Landorus and Bisharp that would otherwise give Zard a hard time. HP Flying after a CM boost lures and 2HKOes all M-Venu variants, while Scald ensures that Talonflame doesn't get a free switch-in. Secret Sword is secondary STAB and allows him to go mixed.

Ancalagon (Charizard-Mega-X) w/ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This guy is the cornerstone of my team. My aim here is to provide a powerful win condition once his checks are demolished. Get a free switch via a KOed ally, Dragon Dance and then sweep.

Curunir (Thundurus) w/ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The great thing about Thundurus is that he can take care of virtually all of Charizard's checks. With the prevalence of fast attackers, Speed control via Thunder Wave is much appreciated. Zard-X doesn't like Thunder Wave either, so Curunir acts as a backup absorber in case Excadrill is down. Grass Knot is to lure Hippowdon in and OHKO, while HP Ice does the same with Lando-T.

Galadriel (Clefable) w/ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Completing the Dragon/Steel/Fairy core is this girlie. Clefable is a jack-of-all-trades in that she's incredibly unpredictable. I considered running Thunder Wave, but determined that SR and recovery were more important. Fire Blast lures in Ferrothorn and Scizor and does a good deal of damage to switching-in Gengar. Moonblast is STAB and checks Mega Sableye, who otherwise gives me problems with Will-O-Wisp and Foul Play.

Angmar (Weavile) w/ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

I previously ran Focus Sash on Weavile to ease switching in, but Life Orb really gives a noticeable power difference. Ice Shard patches up my lack of priority somewhat. Weavile acts as an additional check to threats like Garchomp and Lando-T if the respective checks are down. Knock Off punishes switch-ins by getting rid of their items, while Pursuit punishes switch-outs like Latios/Latias and Gengar while 2HKOing even if they stay in. This was part of why I ran Sash on Weavile - it ensured that it survived Focus Blast or DMeteor and 2HKOed with Pursuit.

Threats:

* Mega Venusaur - This guy stonewalls my team if Keldeo is down. Thick Fat ensures that Icicle Crash does nothing and MVenu can nab recovery off of Weavile via Giga Drain. It's also resistant to Knock Off because of its Mega Stone.

* Priority Attackers - My ability to check Talonflame really rests heavily on my ability to get Stealth Rock up.

* Switch-Ins - Excadrill and Weavile have trouble switching into attacks they're not immune to, as even resisted hits can do a good deal of damage due to their frailty. Latios/Latias' DMeteor is particularly problematic in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.