• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU beast squad

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hello everyone, I am back once again for a Team rate and I am hoping for some great feedback, this is my all-time favorite team which has so far done what I needed. I know there is room for improvement so I am hoping here it can happen, any and all help will be very much appreciated so thank you in advance if you do decided to help.

galvantula.gif

Spider man (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Compound Eyes

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

- Thunder

- Bug Buzz

- Volt Switch

- Sticky Web

This is my main starter and go to poke, he launches sticky web which pretty much slows down non flying pokes and with focus sash I have at least a chance to get it off, thunder is deadly with the compound eyes boost and the 30% paralyze chance. Bug buzz is the powerful stab move to get past pesky substitutes; volt switch is for a situation requiring me to switch out and save my poke, without this poke however my water type coverages is pretty much gone.

hippowdon.gif

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Slack Off

- Stealth Rock

Hippowdon is my newest addition and is somewhat a bit tough to handle but his rock slide attack has come in handy in certain battles against flying types and mega charizard and stealth rock is great when combined with sticky web. Earthquake is pretty strong and has done its job and Slack off provided me a boost of health recovery, So now this has become my sandstorm setter for garchomp and excadrill to pretty much boost there ability, once sandstorm is around excadrill is ready.

mawile-mega.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

- Play Rough

To have a mega on my team is my goal so mawilite seems to fit this squad better, swords dance can power up mawile to high attack. Sucker punch is classic move which gives priority should an atack come my way, iron head is a great move and its 30 percent chance to flinch the opposing poke is really good. Play rough has been used a lot on me and its fun to use it on other pokes, so by the time i get to use mawile the battle shoudl be about half way so its fairing quite well.

excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb

Ability: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP

Adamant Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Iron Head

Excadrill is my second newest addition and it lives up to its power when combined with sandstorm setup from tyranitar, his ability to 1HKO pokemon with earthquake ismajor plus for him. rapid spins helps remove some hazards that usaually get placed thanks to deoxys and its forms, rock slide helped in taking down zapdos and did its flying type coverage well. iron head is a strong move and perfect for when the fairies start coming.

garchomp-mega.gif

Garchomp @ Yache Berry

Ability: Sand Veil

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

I have to have at least one dragon on my team and that is Garchomp since hes the only one more helpful in this type of team, his earthquake is good coverage on pesky pokes are weak to it and bow down. Swords dance is a basic set fro the chomp and it gets very scary when combined with sandstorm, the next move is stone edge, not very accurate but is powerful against flying types though, so since mega gyarados takes it out easily hopefully i can strike quicker. Dragon claw is good dragon move i like to use and it has done its job against the latios and dragonite i have faced with and as sandstorm helps it, he can get very strong.

clefable.gif

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk

Bold Nature

- Calm Mind

- Flamethrower

- Softboiled

- Moonblast

Last but not least is my cleaner, when I need some pokes taken out or it’s the last one standing she gets the job done, calm mind is my booster and helps prep for a powerful moonblast attack or flamethrower for type coverage. Softboiled I now use to recover, wish used to be here but i need instant healing and softboil is the best way to getting that recovery instantly.t. She is one tough poke with magic guard as its ability it withstand leech seed abuse and most non damage attacks.

I am open to all changes and even removing pokes or moves, mainly struggle with Metal types and mega venasuar and lately and mega gyarados can be a nuisance if my galvantaula is taken down. I hope I can get some good help and I can make this team the best it can be, I thank you all who reply in advance.​

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
Looks like a pretty good start for a team, but there are some changes I'd like to suggest that I think would make this team much more successful.

First, I would suggest Extrasensory over U-Turn on Greninja because Mega Venusaur destroys your entire team unless Gliscor has already set up.

Next, I would suggest a moveset change on Mega Garchomp to the Mixed Wallbreaker set. Mega Garchomp's main draw are the fantastic 170/120 mixed offenses, so they should be put to use. Mixed Megachomp rips stall to pieces as well, and with stall being a very solid playstyle at the moment, that will help you immensely.

Also, I would suggest Replacing Conkeldurr with Tyranitar. Reason being, Megachomp works best in sand. Tyranitar sets sand and Stealth Rock, both of which will help your team a lot. It can also pursuit trap Lati@s, which are a problem for any sticky web team. Greninja can revenge kill, but it can't switch in, while Tyranitar can switch in and trap them with ease.

Since you now have a sand setter, but no way to remove hazards, I would suggest Sand Rush LO Excadrill replacing Gliscor Offensive Gliscor, to be blunt, is mediocre at best. Excadrill takes advantage of Sand to become one of the fastest things in the metagame, nails 2HKOs on most of the meta, and can spin away annoying Stealth Rock. This also stops you from losing to Deosharp.

For one final edit, I suggest Soft-Boiled over Wish on Clefable. Soft-Boiled is legal with Magic Guard, and Clefable really needs reliable recovery, which Wish without protect just isn't.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thank you mms your one of the great competitive battlers on here, I will test out and run these sets, thank you for the input. Hopefully I keep getting good advise.

McDanger

So I'm going to be that guy that sounds like an ***
Stuff that you can't/struggle to handle
Mega Pinsir
Manaphy
Thundurus
Landorus
Charizard - both but more Y
Mega Mawile
The odd Mega Gyarados

I would have suggested different stuff then mms, as he basically gave you standard sand with bad evs, making galvantula next to useless. The way Tyranitar plays on your team, it does nothing more then provide sand and bait Landorus Therian on occasion, which Garchomp does better imo. Clefable can handle the lati twins perfectly fine solo, making it useless, or better phrased outclassed by Hippowdon. The biggest reason is your team already gives up momentum with clefable. Yes its a cm sweeper, but it takes to much time to match the speed of sand offensive that mms gave you. As such, Hippowdon works better here then Tyranitar as its bulk allows you to take on some threats that are problematic otherwise such as Mega Mawile and Mega Pinsir, it will take hefty damage from a +2 attack however so keep that in mind. Furthermore, Hippowdon provides a dependent sand inducer, resisting stealth rocks as well as having access to a recovery move with slack off, making it overall a better option, at least in my opinion.

Honestly I would switch up your mega as well. Mega Garchomp is an animal, but Swords Dance Garchomp can better abuse sticky web with its nice speed already as well as the sand with Sand Veil. This also frees up your mega slot for Mega Mawile who works better here then Greninja for a few reasons I'll get to after Garchomp. The biggest reason to change Garchomp's set to Swords Dance normal Garchomp is while Sand Force is hella strong, normal Garchomp can make use of another item, more specifically the Yache Berry. This will help you deal with Thundurus's that run Hidden Power Ice, mostly the nasty plot sets that would beat ttar, as well as Manaphy and Keldeo, two other big threats to the team, as well as gives a base speed of 102 to outpace Landorus while its sweeping, or just wall breaking. Normal Garchomp also still has enough bulk to challenge some Megas such as Mega Pinsir unboosted, Mega Mawile unboosted, as well as outpace and KO both Charizard Megas unboosted, tho that applies more for X

Now Mega Mawile is a superior fit over Greninja because of how frail and fast Greninja will die. With sand storm up, Greninja will lose almost 20% of its health a turn, excluding hazards it comes into. Mega Mawile on the other hand resists sand storm and hazards and more effectively abuses sticky web as well as provides a priority move with Sucker Punch. Also synergizing well with Garchomp, both share similar threats and Mega Mawile can clean up after Garchomp with sucker punch or its stab attacks. And honestly hitting Mega Venusaur isnt to big of a problem as sand reduces its healing so Excadrill and Garchomp can muscle through it.

SO Tl;Dr

Ttar => Hippowdon
Mega Garchomp ->SD Garchomp
Greninja -> Mega Mawile

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge Rock Slide

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

S0ul

Banned
Danger pretty much covered everything, but yeah to echo what he said. The use of Tar makes Greninja and Galvantula super frail and they won't last long.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
i do like the changes danger but without HP fire on grenninja i am pretty much left out from metal coverage which usually 1HKOs scizor but i will try these sets and see what happens

McDanger

between hippowdon, excadrill, and garchomp you'll be fine or just run fire blast on garchomp

ger9119

I don't see any benefit to running Galv on this team, especially with the changes made to it, since water/ice can give your team trouble I'll give you a few options to consider.

Omastar
Swift Swim
White Herb / Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid
-Shell Smash
-Hydro Pump / Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Flying

---

Keldeo @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature/Modest Nature

- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power Flying

---

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Bold Nature or Calm
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

All three of these will be solid replacements over Galv.

Unaware > Magic Guard on Clefable and consider running Mixed MegaChomp with Draco Meteor

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
galv hasn't let me down once and has been a long time member as well on my wifi team and I do like that keldeo set so I think I'll run it and see how it turns out, thank you.

Personally I'd run LO Thundurus over Galvantula, it still provides the speed-lowering benefit with Thunder Wave and allows you to stop a lot of the sweepers that give your team trouble. Galvantula isn't the most reliable check for Mega Gyara because it needs its sash to do anything; Thundurus meanwhile paralyzes it and cripples it for someone else to get rid of it.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Flying