• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(OU) DRAMAtical Pokemon

Ibuki Mioda

SHSL: Light Music
UjI2ufP.png

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my DRAMAtical Murder based OU team. I am somewhat of a newbie to competitive battling. I've been battling casually for as long as I can remember, however I felt it was time for me to step up my game and join the metagame. I've went through countless teams and I finally created one that screams "This is me!" To make the team even more exciting, all of the members are related to major DRAMAtical Murder characters (DMMD for short). DMMD is a visual novel type game that's going to be adapted into an anime this summer and excitement is all I feel!
Without further ado I present to you my DRAMAtical pokemon.

gliscor.gif

Gliscor (Aoba) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 56 Def / 8 SDef / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- U-turn
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Roost
First off we have our protagonist, Aoba the Gliscor. He and Mink were the two hardest pokemon to select for the team, but having used Gliscor in the past made the selection process a little easier for me. The EV investment is a bit odd but 188 Attack and 56 Defense give Aoba 300 in each stat making him do more damage in exchange for some bulk. It might be odd I chose Aoba to be a Gliscor but his shiny form fits Aoba's color scheme and who can't resist Gliscor's charm?

Earthquake is a great move. 100 BP + STAB + 100% Accuracy? Yes please! Ice Fang is to deal with other Gliscors and those with the ever so common ice weakness. U-Turn is allows me to scout from dangerous situations and is a viable member to my Volt-Turn combo. Roost shrugs off any damage Aoba has taken and makes him even more difficult to kill.

cobalion.gif

Cobalion (Ren) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Inspired by Aoba's Allmate, Ren (not pictured), I was originally going to do a Mega Lucario to represent his dog-like form only to remember Lucarionite was banished to Ubers. I considered Furfrou to be the Ren on my team, but I settled for Cobalion for sharing the same typing as Lucario and being a great mixed sweeper.

Ren is one of my possible lead choices. Stealth Rock is there to break sashes and deal a bit of damage whenever the opponet switches out. Close Combat is for Fighting STAB and its 120 base power is nothing to shrug off of. Volt Switch is to keep up momentum and partake in my Volt-Turn combo with Ren and Aoba. Hidden Power [Ice] is to deal with Dragon, Ground and Grass pokemon.

talonflame.gif

Talonflame (Koujaku) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost
I've always had issues dealing with Talonflame in the past. With Gale Wings, Brave Bird becomes the most dangerous priority move in the game. The funny thing is in DMMD Koujaku's Allmate is a cardinal named Beni. Since Beni (and even Koujaku if you take into account his outfit) strikes a very close resemblance to Talonflame, I settled on Talonflame as Koujaku's pokemon.

Priority Brave Bird is dangerous. It makes Koujaku an effective revenge killer. Flare Blitz is for STAB and roasting ants with chainsaw arms. U-Turn is for scouting and teaming up with Aoba and Ren in the Volt-Turn mindgame. Priority roost heals off recoil from Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. Sometimes I use him as a lead if I'm in the mood to start attacking right off the bat.

latios.gif

Latios (Noiz) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Trick
Noiz, easily my favorite DMMD character and easily my favorite on the team. When I first plotted my team out I considered using Espeon because it kind of resembled a rabbit (in Rhyme at least). The only downside to using Espeon was how frail it was. The solution? Latios. With more bulk, a varied movepool and the shiny form having a closer resemblance towards Noiz, I chose Latios.

Dragon Pulse is for STAB and great neutral coverage, unless there are fairies. Ice Beam is an alternative to Dragon Pulse that deals more to Dragonite and others 4x weak to ice. Psyshock is another STAB option and dents Special Walls. Trick is a fun move. It locks your opponent onto one move. I love locking support pokemon in on one move and see them struggle.

jellicent.gif

Jellicent (Clear) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
When I decided to make a DMMD themed team, one pokemon came to mind... Jellicent! With Clear's fondness towards jellyfish, Jellicent was the perfect pokemon choice for him. Because of his great Special Bulk and typing, Jellicent is a no brainer.

Clear is my Special Wall in this team. Scald is to deal some damage and possibly score a burn. Toxic on the other hand is to cripple other special walls like Chansey and Rotom-W. Recover is to increase Clear's longlivity. Shadow Ball is for STAB and coverage.

skarmory.gif

Skarmory (Mink) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost
Finally we have Mink the Skarmory. To be honest, Mink was the hardest DMMD character to find a pokemon for. After a good conversation with a friend of mine today, we settled on Skarmory. Skarmory fits Mink because of his calm attitude.

Mink is the Physical Wall for my team and does a great job at it. Before you ask why Defog is a move while I have Stealth Rock, Defog is a move if my opponent chooses to use hazards against me and hinder my ability to switch out. While I'll be getting rid of my rocks, Defog gets rid of all of the hazards for safe switching. Brave Bid is for STAB and not becoming taunt bait. Whirlwind is to phaze out the opponent and prevent them from setting up. Roost is for recovery and makes Mink last even longer.

Anyways this is my OU team. Suggestions are very much welcome, they'll help me improve my team.
Thank you!

Xenevix

Some Guy
Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the theme of this team, but since it seems you are happy with the Pokemon selection I will only suggest moveset changes etc. :)

Gliscor: You are currently running a very different set from standard, which can be good but I think that Gliscor always functions better as a staller. I can see Gliscor, Skarmory, and Jellicent as the big defensive core of your team, but Gliscor could use a tweak or two. I suggest removing Roost and replacing it with Protect. Just because instead of Roosting you can just stall a turn for some more Poison Heal, although it doesn't heal as much it makes him more of an effective scout. I also watched your favorite replay in the spoiler, and if Gliscor had Protect over Roost your opponent's Jirachi would have had a much harder time doing anything to you. I would also suggest removing U-Turn for something else. Although I can understand why it is there I just don't see Gliscor forcing many switches that U-Turn could take advantage of. There are several options you could go with to replace it, the standard option would be Toxic, which is great on Gliscor, but to maintain the role he is filling on your team I would highly suggest you put in Knock Off or maybe even Brick Break. Gliscor learns a lot of useful moves and can fulfill a lot of roles, I just don't see U-Turn as the most optimal choice. I understand that you are running a partial Volt-Turn combo but, in my opinion, Gliscor doesn't really fit the bill for that kind of playstyle.

Cobalion: Looks good. The only thing I may even suggest changing is his item, most likely to Life Orb as you state he's a sweeper he would appreciate the extra power across more types. The only problem with Life Orb is that your opponent knows you have it after you attack. And since he has rocks they will assume he's some kind of utility set and assume he has Leftovers, which also won't show if Cobalion takes damage and he has Expert Belt. I just feel as if smart players can most likely guess what item you have no matter what as if you dont take LO recoil or recover with Lefties, Expert Belt is probably the next logical choice. Therefore, I suggest the switch to Life Orb but it really isn't a big deal.

Talonflame: Looks good. Although I don't know how well Roost really works with a non-bulky variant.

Latios: Surf is always a superior option over Ice Beam as any Dragon will be 2HKO'd by Dragon Pulse anyway, along with Multiscale Dragonite probably surviving one Ice Beam since there's no STAB. The two main Pokemon who you'd see four times weak to Ice are Gliscor and Landorus. Both of which are guaranteed OHKO'd with Surf.

Jellicent: Looks good, no suggestions.

Skarmory: Okay I need to suggest Mandibuzz here. I know I said I wouldn't do it but I have to. Looking back over your team I see that nothing, absolutely nothing, stands up to Aegislash consistently. A lot of people say Gliscor can counter him, but Aegislash is also known to run mixed/special sets that would wreck Gliscor. Mandibuzz can do everything Skatmory does, but has Foul Play over Brave Bird. You can even throw Whirlwind on it if you so desire. The only issues I can see is that Mandibuzz doesn't fit your theme and is weak to rocks.

Hope that I helped and good luck with the team. :)