• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Hazards Team!

Zz56

Hey there! This is my Hazards team which I use. I'd like it to be better, and I figured you guys'd help me with that. Btw, I read up on the rules, and researched other peoples RMTs, so I think I've got the format right!

195.png

Quagsire@ Leftovers
Unaware
Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Att
Moveset:
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

This funn looking chappy has many purposes: To absorb electric attacks, stopset up sweepers in their tracks, to wall, and to sweep. Yay! Quagsire!

227.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Keen Eye
Careful
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
Moveset:
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Standard set. Spikes to add more hazards, whirlwind to phaze, roost to heal and Brave Bird so I'm not taunt bait.

130.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
Evs : 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def
Moveset:
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Tail
- Waterfall

This guy is the star of my team, he's amazing. Sub on the switch, or when an enemy weakened by intimidate can't hurt you enough, the either phaze with dragon tail, or set up with dragon dance. Or a mixture of both!

630.png

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Overcoat
Calm
Evs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def
Moveset:
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt

Another unexpected valuable addition to my team. Whirlwind is for phazing, toxic racks up residual damage, roost is for recovery and taunt because it's damn useful!

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers (woot! Go leftovers!)
Flash Fire
Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 78 Def / 180 Sp.Def
Moveset:
- Substitute
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

My team is weak to fire, and heatran helps solve that problem. Sub to sub, roar for, you guessed it: MOAR PHAZING! Lava Plume is good because there's a high burn chance, and Stealth rock is MOAR HAZARDS!

94.png

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moveset:
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

I now needed a spin-blocker and a plain-old sweeper, and gengar fitted that role perfectly. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast and Energy Ball (mainly for Rotom-W) are coverage, and trick is just useful sometimes.

Changes in bold

***​

Thanks for reading, any comments or critisim appreciated! :D

Last edited:

zerozoner

here's another alternative for Forretress that I've used in the past. it's almost guaranteed that you will get two entry hazards in before you die.

Pineco level 1 (M) @ Berry Juice
Trait: Sturdy
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Psycho Cut

here's another alternative for Forretress that I've used in the past. it's almost guaranteed that you will get two entry hazards in before you die.

Pineco level 1 (M) @ Berry Juice
Trait: Sturdy
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
I doubt that'll work any better, but I'm not a hazards expert...

Why not use Heatran to lay down rocks (replace HP Ice)? That'll free you up for any 6th pokemon you choose!

Zz56

Why not use Heatran to lay down rocks (replace HP Ice)? That'll free you up for any 6th pokemon you choose!
Hmm.. That's not a bad idea at all. Do you have ay suggestions for the 6th pokemon?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gengar can learn HP right? Try to see if its fighting or not

cara.

Nerd status
If you plan on getting rid of swampert and running SR on heatran I recommend one of these two pokemon

Curselax:
Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 104 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Fire Punch/Crunch/ Earthquake/Whirlwind
- Return
- Rest

Snorlax will serve as your electric attack absorber as well as your fire and ice attacks and does a damn good job at it if snorlax doesnt fit in your team well how about
(Note: If you decied to run snorlax make skarmory defensive)
Gastrodon:

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
Main role is to be an anti metagame pokemon works much better than swampert tbh.

Also I suggest the pain split set for gengar since he's your rapid spin blocker and you need him to stay healthy, here's the set

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Hope this helped~

Last edited:

Zz56

@ Ultimatedarkrai: I've tried forretress, whatever set I run, it never works for me

@Cara: I like the Gastrodon idea, but I was thinking of a sweeper. The main reason why I chose swampert was because with curse and EQ it can do a lot of damage.

@ SuperZekrom: Hmm.... That's not a bad idea but I feel like I need all the moves I've got and so shouldn't replace them...

cara.

Nerd status
Hmmmm how about quagsire then? Same typing same set but with on-demand recovery and unaware ability

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
~ Curse
~ Recover
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall / Stone Edge
Waterfall will give you another STAB while Stone Edge provides QuakEdge coverage combo your choice

Zz56

That's a good idea. It'll help against set-up sweepers too!

Thanks for the ideas! I'll edit the 1st post now