1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

OU Hoenn Monoteam!(TSS stay away!)

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Terra Force, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Terra Force

Terra Force <-- Current Hunt

If you're from Team Seasoul please don't read this!!!

Now anyway. This is a Hoenn only team that is going to be used in an upcoming clan tourney. So please don't suggest any pokemon from outside the Hoenn region unless I say you can. Thank you and here it is. Changes in red.

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 hp/252 def/4 SpD
    Nature: Calm/Bold
    -Calm Mind
    -Spikes
    -Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Special Move
    -Recover

Calm Mind allows him to do some great damage whilst getting bulk in SpD. This is why he's got 252 evs in defense. He's then free to pretty easily set up spikes. Afterwards he can attempt to do some serious damage with calm mind boosted ice beam/t-bolt or something. Then he's got recover so that he can charge himself back up. Calm nature would be for when he hasn't used calm mind yet and his SpD is less great than his defense.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Hp/80 Att/176 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    -Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave/Body Slam
    -Substitute
    -Fire Punch

A ParaFlinch set. Thunder Wave to cripple their speed or Body Slam to deal some damage whilst doing it, then Iron Head to flinch them. Substiture for protection though I may change that. Fire Punch is for steels that try to wall Iron Head. Pretty basic but I'm still not quite sure about Substitute. Possible change would be possibly thunder punch to stop water types.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 232 Att/24 SpA/252 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake

Dragon Dancing Salamence. He had Fire Blast when I realised that that was more for Skarmory so I dropped for Draco Meteor. Draco Meteor is good if I don't want to get locked into Outrage. But if there's something better I will probably use that. Life Orb gives great power boost. Earthquake for steel types like Meta and Jirachi along with other types.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    -Agility
    -Ice Punch
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake

Right so Metagross has great Defenses and incredible attack. But his speed is average. 252 speed EVs and Agility make him a sweeper to watch out for especially with Meteor Mash possibly raising his attack. Then there's Ice punch to take down the dragons of Hoenn. Meteor Mash packs power and like I said can raise his attack stat. Earthquake is another powerful attack that can devastate pokemon.

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Hp/144 Def/112 SpA
    Nature: Bold
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam

Claydol is...ok. He's really only here for Rapid Spin and SR. Rapid Spin is a must. Stealth Rock is for extra switch-in damage. Earth Power for STAB and coverage along with Ice Beam. Not much to say about this one. He's.....ok.

Latios @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Nature:Timid
    -Surf
    -HP Fire
    -Thunderbolt
    -Draco Meteor

Latios is my special sweeper. Life Orb for extra power, EVs are obvious. Timid for more speed over power. All his moves make great coverage together. But I'm not sure if I'm going to keep him. I have way too many psychic types and there are other pokemon who can fit his role.

SO overall this team has done pretty great. Tell me what you guys think and consider that I'm only battling Hoenn pokemon also.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. rang3rsscc

rang3rsscc Member

Alright so I just pulled this set out of my ***, but it seems preatty good in thought.

Shiftry@life orb/focus sash
    Chloryphllllllllll/early bird
    84 atk/168 sp.a/252 spe
    Hasty/naive
    -nasty plot
    -seed bomb
    -dark pulse
    -nature power

Yea I know. F***ing crazy, but no one will expect it. After getting baton passed +2 speed and atk AND nasty plot make the poor mans shell smash. Without def drops. Then there's seed bomb and dark pulse for stab, and then nature power turns into earthquake in link battles. I've never used it, I literally just thought of this while looking and ninjask. Idk, try it, it might be good

3. Terra Force

That's actually a pretty cool idea... And even though if I replace latios with it I'll have almost every one of my pokemon weak to bug, bug moves aren't too common in hoenn. I think I may try it out.

4. Terra Force

Bump...really need more ratings on this team.

5. I'd give Sharpedo Rocky Helmet if I were using Rough Skin.

6. Terra Force

Bump......

7. PokefanTez

PokefanTez Well-Known Member

Have you considered Flygon for your team? He could be a good physical attacker for your team with a moveset like this:
    Flygon@Life Orb
    Ability:Levitate
    Adamant Nature
    EVS:4HP/252ATK/252SPD
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Roost

Roost is there to recover your LO damage. It is a move that is only from 4th Gen. The rest are for STAB or coverage. Flygon is great because levitate gives him the immunity and he doesn't lose it when he uses roost.

You might also want to look out for Ice types in general, even if you don't use Flygon. I know there are only like two or three in all of Hoenn, but the water types can basically all use Ice Beam so your opponent may be able to beat you using those.

8. MotherRussia

MotherRussia ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP

Major changes

Sharpedo needs speed boost.
    Ninjask@Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252HP/252Spd/4Def or Sp.Def
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

There ya go.

9. Terra Force

He would have had it I just didn't think it was released. Thanks for telling me.

And why sub over x scissor?

@DM so I've heard yet this one seems to work out great.

10. 3.14kachu

3.14kachu 2.72pic √(-1)nventor

Ugh... the ice weakness is going to cost you, big time. 4 weaknesses and no counters (sorry, but Sharpedo is just too fragile) means that this team will not last long against Porygon-2, Zapdos, or any of the other popular BoltBeamers. I think you should get rid of the very-cool-looking-but-too-fragile-to-be-useful Sharpedo and use a more effective water-type like Starmie. With that acting as your Rapid Spinner, you could use Bronzong istead of Claydol to help out your Ice weakness.

11. Fortunato

Fortunato Sic Transit Gloria

thanks for a useless post.

Anyways try something like SpD Jirachi to help with that ice weakness a bit. and 2 speed boosters is really unnecessary, so either get rid of sharpedo for a nice baton pass recipient or get rid of ninjask for...anything else really.

anyways try out the jirachi and put something better over ninjask. Also put Specs on Latios it hits so much harder that way and can really rip through everything.

good luck with the team.

12. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

No offense, but this team is very bad. Scrap the whole thing. Try this for a Hoenn team ^_^

Jirachi
    Latios
    Claydol
    Metagross
    Deoxys D
    Salamence

Don't use gimmicks like "Focus Sash Baton Passing". 90% of the time it won't work.

13. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

this is just a suggestion, but this is only from hoenn then other people will be using latios with HP fire. maybe drop that for something else to will a speed tie against other latios

14. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

But you're Taunt bait without an attacking move. You'll be forced to switch, losing your stat boosts.

15. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Taunt bait doesn't really mean anything. Swords Dance against something that doesn't have Taunt, and Baton Pass from whatever switches in with Taunt..

Not that Ninjask is any good, but I see the phrase "Taunt bait" thrown around like its an important quality to not have.. well, it doesn't matter how badly Taunt beats you because its a fairly rare move now. It only lasts three turns and without leads the only thing in OU to carry it is some Gyarados / Gliscor / bad Thundurus.

tl;dr version, Taunt Bait is meaningless.

16. Terra Force

Alright but what moveset for Mence and Gross? And I think Deoxys-D may have possibly been banned. Ill check.
    EDIT: Nope attack and normal are banned.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  17. 3.14kachu

3.14kachu 2.72pic √(-1)nventor

Wow, I'm a moron. Sorry, I completely missed the title.

Anyway, for Salamence I use an a mixed DD set, with Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and Fire Blast. It's a bit cliche, but it works really well, with the special fire move easily dealing with the likes of Skarmory, Bronzong, Scizor, Excadrill, Metagross, Magnezone, etc., etc.

For Metagross, I go all-out offensive, using a set like Ice Punch (for dragons and Gliscor), Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, and Earthquake. With a Brave nature, this can really put a dent in Trick Room teams.

18. Terra Force

Ahem. I'm in a Hoenn tourney. Meaning everyone else will have Hoenn pokemon meaning I won't have to deal with Skarmory, Bronzong, Scizor, Excadrill, Magnezone, and Gliscor. Which is why my Salamence doesn't have Fire Blast anymore.

19. Pichu47

Pichu47 Fear Me, If You Dare

I think you should use speed boost shapedo with focus sash/life orb. If you don't have one I can trade you one. It is pretty beast and can sweep well

20. Terra Force

Thanks but I've been trying this team out and I think it's better than my previous team(which had SB Sharp). And plus I'm using PO.