• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OU] I am become death, destroyer of balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djura

99% chance to hit
So, this is a balance destroying team I've come up with lately. With the major shift to offense, I thought I would go lean somewhat towards it while keeping some bulky aspects. Without further ado, my team.

hoopa-unbound.gif

Hoopa-U @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Speed
Nature: Hasty

- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Ladies and gentlemen, one of the two faces of wall and stall breaking in OU. Hoopa Unbound's terrifying mixed offenses and vast movepool leave it little to no safe switch-ins. Hyperspace Fury has consistency over Knock Off due to the fact that it can hurt both non-Mega and Mega Pokemon equally. Breaking past Protect means that even Pokemon that rely on the move are not safe from the Djinn Pokemon's reign of terror. Psychic allows it to hurt specially weak Pokemon, Drain Punch allows it to recover its lost health from attacks or Life Orb recoil, and Gunk Shot to handle Fairies, though the 80% accuracy is annoying. However, Hoopa Unbound is just as physically frail as its Confined form. Furthermore, zero resistances allows it to be easily worn down by hazards and status.

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP/252 SpA/160 Speed
Nature: Timid

- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

The second of the two balance breakers and arguably the more terrifying. However, Manaphy is weak without a Tail Glow. It is offset by the fact that Manaphy forces plenty of switches so that the opponent can attempt to KO it fast. Its EVs grant it bulk while still being able to outspeed those running positive speed natures in the base 80-90 tier. Scald is its primary STAB move, with good hitting power and the annoying chance to burn. Ice Beam gives it coverage against dragons and Celebi. Energy Ball allows it to handle other Water types, especially some like Swampert and Gastrodon. However, Manaphy is very prone to being revenge killed by Electric types such as Thundurus and Mega Manectric.

scizor-mega.gif

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/44 Atk/16 Def/200 SpD
Nature: Impish

- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The bulky sweeper of the team. Scizor was chosen because it has good defensive synergy with Hoopa and Manaphy, resisting common attacks directed towards the two. Its EVs and nature grant it mixed bulk while allowing it to sweep after a Swords Dance. Steel and Dark moves in the form of Bullet Punch and Knock Off give it excellent coverage against most of OU.

klefki.gif

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Calm
IVs: 0 Atk

- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Who knew that the day would come that Klefki would rise to OU? Ever since Hoopa Unbound's debut, it became an excellent support partner to it, taking some moves that Hoopa cannot take as well as providing Thunder Wave and Spikes support. Foul Play allows it to stop physical attackers trying to boost their way through the team. Magnet Rise prevents Earthquake users such as Garchomp from even touching it. Its EVs give it a specially defensive leaning, allowing it to take hits from Keldeo, Starmie, Gengar, Gardevoir, and so on.

latias.gif

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Speed
Nature: Timid

- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Your standard bread-and-butter Latias set. Latias was chosen over Latios because she is able to provide Healing Wish as well as Defog support to the team. However, this meant I had to lose coverage moves such as Hidden Power Fire. Nonetheless, Latias works well as offensive support.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/92 Speed
Nature: Impish

- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

The glue that holds the team together. TankChomp is a highly effective glue that sets hazards, phazes, causes status, and even punishes contact attackers such as Talonflame. It also has excellent defensive synergy with Klefki and Hoopa, taking physical hits and punishing them for the latter. Its EVs give it bulk while allowing it to outspeed base 70s such as Bisharp, allowing Garchomp to beat it one-on-one. Its lack of recovery, though, means I have to be careful with recklessly sending Garchomp out on powerful attackers.

Alright, guys, let's see what you can do for this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.