• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU-ish WiFi Singles Team

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Currently this team is a mix-and-match of my old XY Mega Manectric double intimidate team and another team. There are redundancies that I'd like your advice on, and I'm pretty much open to any changes. Keep in mind these are already bred.

Mega Sceptile (Special Sweeper) @ Sceptilite ;254;
Timid, Unburden
252 SpA / 252 Spe
- HP Ice
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Gyarados (Bulky Setup) @ Leftovers ;130;
Adamant, Intimidate
88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Rotom-W (Disrupts Walls) @ Choice Specs ;479-w;
Bold, Levitate
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Honchkrow (Revenge Killer) @ Choice Band ;430;
Jolly, Moxie
252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
I might consider changing it to Life Orb or adding Tailwind

Darmanitan (Physical Sweeper) @ Choice Scarf :555:
Jolly, Sheer Force
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- U-Turn
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Mienshao (Scout) @ Life Orb :620:
Jolly, Regenerator
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Fake Out

Possible Alternates: Bisharp, Scizor, Crobat, Cloyster, Barbaracle

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Hmm your team has three Pokémon weak to rock, Gyarados, Honchkrow and Darmanitan also three Pokémon weak to fairy, Mienshao, Honchkrow and (mega) Sceptile.
I would replace Honchkrow for Excandrill, it resists rock, fairy and takes no damage from eletric (this is important since you have Gyarados), it learns Rapid Spin to take care of Stealth Rock if they show up (since with it you will still have two Pokémon weak to rock) and can cover your weakness with Iron Head and Earthquake.
All of Excandrill's weakness (fire, water, ground and fight) are covered by Gyarados (fight in special is only by Gyarados) so it's a sound choice over the only Rapid Spinner you suggested (Cloyster).
Something you can consider is:

Excandrill @ Choice Band (since Life Orb and Choice Scarf are being used by your other Pokémon) :530:
Jolly, Mold Breaker (Hidden Ability, avaible)
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / X-Scizzor / Sword Dance
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

X-Scizzor is there if you want to eliminate grass, dark and psychc types, Sword Dance in case you are running Life Orb.
However, if you dislike Excandrill, there is Crobat, an interesting moveset you can try:

- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Super Fang
Item Attached: Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 168 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 144 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

This moveset I saw at the gen 5 Pokémon of the Week.
"Crobat is a pretty decent stall-breaker. It has decent defenses and enough speed to outrun entire stall teams. Taunt prevents defensive Pokemon from doing much of anything to you while Super Fang literally cuts their HP bar in two. Roost keeps Crobat alive over a long game and reduces the damage you take from Electric, Rock, and Ice moves. Brave Bird is a solid STAB move that breaks apart Fighting and Grass types easily enough. The EVs look weird but they serve a specific purpose. 168 HP helps capitalize on bulk and hits an odd HP number meaning Stealth Rocks does less damage. 192 Attack guarantees Brave Bird OHKOs Scrafty after Stealth Rock damage and gives it about 22% more power than you would have with no Attack EVs. 4 Special Defense makes sure Download Pokemon like Porygon Z or Genesect get an Attack boost against you. 144 Speed outruns base 115s like Azelf as well as Scarf Tyranitar. This set is effective in standard battles or Underused matches. Black Sludge is the item of choice to punish Trick users but if you have trouble with the sludge being Tricked back on you Leftovers is a fine item."
An issue you will have with it is Taunt Sableye so keep that in mind.

I also wouldn't recommend Bisharp, it has a x4 weakness to fight and like pointed out, only Gyarados resists fight. However with Crobat around it becomes more viable in place of Darmanitan:

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Leftover (Or Lum Berry if you are worried about burns)
Adamant, Defiant
- Sword Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick / Brick Break
EVs: 52 HP / 252 ATK / 204 SPD

The fight move i there to help with other steels, as well as maybe dark, you can Sword Dance on something that is scared of you and then sweep but keep in mind that Bisharp is rather slow, base 70 is a "no man's land" for speed, not fast enough to sweep and not slow enough to abuse Trick Room perfectly.

Here are just some suggestions, hope it helps.