• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OU] Krookotroll

So a few months ago, while on the dracaena xat, blue mew and I decided to make underused pokemon more trollish. Thats when we came up with the idea to base a team around krookodile.

This one is my final one:

Ninjask @Leftovers
- Speed Boost -
Timid
4 hp/ Def atk/ 252 speed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

The point of this is that this is the main source of boosting my krooko. It also lets me sometimes get a substitute out. I can also go back to this pokemon any time through other options.

Espeon @Leftovers
- Magic Bounce -
Bold
4 hp/ 252 Def/ 252 sDef
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Classic healer and bouncer set. Wish heals my jask when I wish while my opponent has a faster pokemon out (Faster than my espy). Bold 252 Def lets me wall skarm using brave bird while using wish/protect to stall.
Magic bounce also lets me remove the risk of prankster taunt/wisp.

Forretress @Leftovers
- Sturdy -
Sassy
4 hp/ 252 Def/ 252 sDef
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rocks
- Spikes

The hazards dude. This guy will spin out those pesky rocks that deal 50% to ninjask. Voltswitch with his slow speed lets me safely switch to ninjask whenever I want. Spikes and stealth rocks can ruin sash/sturdy for my other pokemon.

Politoed @Leftovers
- Drizzle -
Calm
4 hp/ 252 Def/ 252 sDef
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Politoed's goal is to set a weather that benefits all my pokemon and to set a safe switch for when i need to switch to something.
Toxic can help against gastradon. Perish song forces blissey to switch. Scald with its troll burn helps against things like skarm.
Perish song allows me to protect next turn, then switch to an appropriate pokemon, and then go to Jask.

Shedinja @Focus Sash
- Wonder Guard -
jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Hone Claws
- WilloWisp
- Protect
- Baton Pass

This is the main middle-man when it comes to my BPass chains. If I get a sub, I can pass to this guy and maybe force my opponent to switch, letting me keep the sub or BPass it. If I predict a specific switch, I can also wisp him. If I can't get swords dance from jask, this guy can hone claws instead. When my opponent can't hit me anymore, shedinja is my main way to kill.

This also shits all over choice item pokemon and voltswitchers, guarenteeing you a free boost or switch.

Krookodile @Razor Fang
- Moxie -
Adamant
252 atk/ 56 Def/ 200 speed
- Fire Fang
- Beat Up
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

With this set, I hit everything for at least neutral. While fire fang is weakened by rain, its still enough to kill scizor and breloom at +2 and ferro at +3.

Beat up is the main focus of this. With kings rock or Razor fang, you have a whoppin 75% flinch rate on a full team, 15 higher than serene grace flinchers. Power is 12 power x 6 hits. 72. Stab increases it to 108. Each hit also has an individual crit chance allowing you to still have a chance to kill sigiliphs and clefables that boosted while you set up. It allows you to flinch pokemon with sturdy to kill them next turn if you don't have hazards up.

Earthquake is the go-to against fighting and steel types since beat up won't cut it against them.

Brick break covers those levitating steel types and dark types.

Moxie will also help you easily boost up so you only really need +1 atk to start. +1 kills gliscor in 3 turns with beat up. (if poison heal is involved)

While defense EVs are set up to let you survive a single ice shard/mach punch, my only problem has been my luck. More often than not, the priority attack will crit me.

While teams based around a single pokemon are usually not good, my ladder peak with this team was in the 1400s on smogon on PO1 and 1200s and still going on PO2 on PO main server.

Last edited:

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
on Ninjask, do 252 HP EVs. You only need max speed and attack on it. This lets you pass larger substitutes. Otherwise, it's the same set as me.

On Espeon, use HP EVs before all else. Those EVs won't let you wall Skarm. Maybe you can survive a single hit from it. I would run Bold max HP and Defense. Never run max defenses without HP, unless you're also running something like Pain Split.

Otherwise, annoying team. :D

I moved some EVs to HP to give an HP value just 1 higher than a multiple of 8 so that I can survive 1 extra turn from subs/hazards/toxic/wisp.

And espy actually rarely takes over 40% from a bravebird from skarm. Maybe I'll move some SDef EVs though since espy's SDef is already stupid high.

Chingchar

Sedinja lol! I saw your argument with the darklord on his RMT it made me laugh because I've used Shedinja and it is actually quite good.
The only thing I don't get is why have you got Politoed rain makes already super effective water type moves stronger against Krookodile however now that I think about it it'll be to fast to get hit still something to think about.

Klaus™

Banned
you also fail against really any sun, along with no dragon killer. o, and you have a power deficiency in your team. literally, it kinda looks like you just threw it together, based around shedinja.

literally anything that can take krookodile(>half the tier) and has se coverage on shedinja destroys your team. skarm walls it. gliscor walls it. actually, that's another point. you are walled by acro-bat gliscor, who just....6-0s.

o, demolished by dragons. especially kyurem-b.

most of the smogonites switched to PS! so you might not even be getting accurate battles especially if the majorty were ragequits. and i would like to see some proof of your 1400 ranking.

o, and if you could lengthen/elaborate on your descriptions, that would be great.

you also fail against really any sun, along with no dragon killer. o, and you have a power deficiency in your team. literally, it kinda looks like you just threw it together, based around shedinja.

literally anything that can take krookodile(>half the tier) and has se coverage on shedinja destroys your team. skarm walls it. gliscor walls it. actually, that's another point. you are walled by acro-bat gliscor, who just....6-0s.

o, demolished by dragons. especially kyurem-b.

most of the smogonites switched to PS! so you might not even be getting accurate battles especially if the majorty were ragequits. and i would like to see some proof of your 1400 ranking.

o, and if you could lengthen/elaborate on your descriptions, that would be great.

Really all I need to do is get +2 speed on krookodile.
That 75% flinch rate pretty much always works for me so I just flinch pokemon like skarmory to death. When against a pokemon with justified, EQ will usually get the job done.

Espy rarely takes over 50% from a skarm Brave bird, wish protect helps me with that, hazards, and whirlwind.

Forretress lets me spin any hazards that get through.

Politoed has perish song to force my opponent to switch.

Usually with poli I do perish song, switch to forretress/shedinja, and then voltswitch/bpass (slower than opponent move) to ninjask, and get a free sub. it also gets rid of sand/hail.

Ilan

If you got wish on espeion run more HP and less defenses also it mostly reccomended to run more HP as it provides more overall bulk (see:shuckle) on krookodile change beat up with Crunch and razor fang with Life orb nothing can ensure you a full team SPECIALLY with shedinja and ninjask on it. also aqua tail> fire fang you have rain right? why nit abuse it?
also like said skarmory and starmie ruin your team a Scarf/ specs magnezone (instead of the mostly fodder shedinja who dies a lot) can check both of them quite good also beating scozor who can make problems ith krookodile.

Krookodile is really weak to priority so mamoswine,scizor and breloom are huge treats
BTW aqua tail on the rain: 135 BP FF on the rain on scizor: 130 BP (also fire fang is weak..)

Stealth rocks KO shedinja right on..
You can also put terrakion instead of fortress as stealth rocker so you have a back up attacker (terrakion can scare of lots of pokemons so he can easily set up SR).

Also if you want to keep shedinja put the attack and HP EVs on the defenses since you will someday pass a sub and if they use something like knock off (or maybe a weak pursuit) the sub won't break.

Last edited:
Krooko will actually survive a bulletpunch form sciz, a mach punch from conk, or an ice shard from weavile/mamo (Not LO'd or banded)

virizionx86

Better than Breloom.
As it is now, the frailty of the rest of your Pokemon is sure to be a letdown for the main gimmick of your team. Running more defensive Pokemon may limit the offensive presence of your Krookodile in the end, but it's pretty vital for the Baton Pass chain.

Also, you may want to check the math on the Beat Up flinch chance again. Assuming a party of six Pokemon:
At least one flinch occurs = 1 - None of the flinches occur
Flinch 1 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 2 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 3 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 4 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 5 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 6 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
None of the flinches occur = 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 = 0.531441
At least one flinch occurs = 1 - 0.531441 = 0.468559 = 46.8559% that you will get a flinch on the target.

Anyway, the lower-than-Serene Grace flinch chance may be worth that extra power of Beat Up. But again, that extra power is only extra if all six of your team's Pokemon are present.

Klaus™

Banned
Really all I need to do is get +2 speed on krookodile.
good luck. ninjask is frail as f*ck. so unless you get lucky with 2 protects, you wont be passing anything anytime soon.

That 75% flinch rate pretty much always works for me so I just flinch pokemon like skarmory to death.
nice strategy that revolves around luck. really, redo your math. luck is not something to rely on.

Espy rarely takes over 50% from a skarm Brave bird, wish protect helps me with that, hazards, and whirlwind.
*cough* roost stalling on wishes.*cough* always beats it.

Forretress lets me spin any hazards that get through.
forretress is gay.

Politoed has perish song to force my opponent to switch.
lol, ok. and in that first turn, a dragon sets up. then, koes 3 pokemon at most. yeah, you got that covered.

Usually with poli I do perish song, switch to forretress/shedinja, and then voltswitch/bpass (slower than opponent move) to ninjask, and get a free sub. it also gets rid of sand/hail.[/QUOTE]

you honestly dont seem to know anything about comp. weather wars will almost never go in your favor, because you have nothing to back it up. ninetails sun offense destroys you, and opposing rain can just spam tornadus-t hurricanes. abomasnow always beats politoed. most t-tar sets can switch in and switch out, thus setting up weather. then you only have 4 pokemon you could use, at least 2 of which are demolished by mixed-tar sets.

all in all, a pretty bad team, that abuses gimmicks.

and elaborate on your descriptions.

lets see.
perish song, opponent uses Dragon Dance (Perish count 3)
Protect, Sees what opponent is going to do (Perish Count 2)
Switch to forretress or Shedinja (or espy if a fire type move is predicted) (Perish Count 1)

Opponent can either kill one of my fodder pokemon with his sweeper or is forced to switch.

As it is now, the frailty of the rest of your Pokemon is sure to be a letdown for the main gimmick of your team. Running more defensive Pokemon may limit the offensive presence of your Krookodile in the end, but it's pretty vital for the Baton Pass chain.

Also, you may want to check the math on the Beat Up flinch chance again. Assuming a party of six Pokemon:
At least one flinch occurs = 1 - None of the flinches occur
Flinch 1 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 2 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 3 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 4 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 5 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
Flinch 6 doesn't occur = 90% = 0.9
None of the flinches occur = 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 = 0.531441
At least one flinch occurs = 1 - 0.531441 = 0.468559 = 46.8559% that you will get a flinch on the target.

Anyway, the lower-than-Serene Grace flinch chance may be worth that extra power of Beat Up. But again, that extra power is only extra if all six of your team's Pokemon are present.

.1 + .1(9/10) + .1(81/100) + .1 (729/1000) + .1(6561/10000) + .1 (59049/100000)

------------

So yeah, my math was a bit off, but flinch is only really there for the first kill or two.

After that, I get my attack boosted. At that point, I can pretty much kill any pokemon I need to.

Wait. its 1/8, not 1/10. So it ends up being 1-(7^6/8^6)

1-(117649/262144)

1-(0.448795318603515625)

so a 55.12% flinch rate.

Barely worse than serene grace flinch.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
lets see.
Switch to forretress or Shedinja (or espy if a fire type move is predicted) (Perish Count 1)

Opponent can either kill one of my fodder pokemon with his sweeper or is forced to switch.

That's all your team is is fodder Pokemon.

virizionx86

Better than Breloom.
lets see.

I don't know about you, but every time I've used Perish Song, my opponent has always switched out on the turn that the perish count would have gone down to 1, to prevent those "I can't do anything else, so I have to switch" panic moments. But I'm not you, so you may not ever experience those kinds of opponents.

Wait. its 1/8, not 1/10.

Where'd you get that number from? I'm pretty sure it's 1/10.

Klaus™

Banned
That's all your team is is fodder Pokemon.

this. it also relies solely on perfect prediction, which the opponent will always pick up on the pattern.

you still have not shown any sort of proof as to your ladder ranking. especially since its a gimmick team that should never work.

thank you for...kinda...elaborating on your descriptions.

i noticed how you keep only answering one point of the many i make.

another thing: what can krooko actually do against mamoswine? fire fang is resisted. but! all ice shard mamo's arebanded or LO, bar really rare stealth rock + endeavor focus sash sets. soo, yeah. gl with that.

like i said, you will almost never win the weather war, especially if as you do perish song, next turn they switch to, say, gothitelle or dugtrio(sun offense). you are f*cked because you are protecting and now are trapped. remember, a good player can use that protect against you and will.

what do you do against ballooned heatran, that switch in on eq and hp ice?

techniloom?
e-belt abomasnow?
hell, even terrakion?
opposing baton pass teams?
tornadus-t?

i can go on and on. but this is enough for you.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
To be fully honest, this team seems more gimmicky than anything.

Shedinja has NO place in OU. Literally everything kills it. Weather makes it useless, entry hazards make it useless, Toxic and Wisp make is useless, ghost types and fire types, two of the most overused types in the metagame, kill it on sight, not to mention Pursuit, Sucker Punch, etc. Even if you get lucky and force a switch, then what? You're still screwed. He's dead weight, drop him.

Relying solely on Krooko for attacking power isn't a great idea at all. He simply lacks it. If you somehow manage to Baton Pass him huge boosts, then he might kill one 'Mon before they chuck in a counter. As thedarklord2155 pointed about above, so many threats kill him that it simply isn't funny. Politoed is in no way a threat to anything. Perish Song is laughably useless, not only are there easier ways to force a switch, but it's also incredibly predictable.

Get rid of Shedinja and bring in some more offense, or a good stall.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Just saying, but while you set up, any a bit experienced opponent will either stop your set up, or start setting up themselves. You might wanna update your strategy, to prevent that. And on the note of Shedinja, if you manage to keep him alive, he can wall many things, such as Thunderus-T, Jirachi w/out Fire Punch, which are pretty rare, and Politoed, but he shouldnt be much of a problem if you bring in some other offence. Also, if you only want one poke to sweep, I recommend using something actually capable of sweeping, and harder to revenge kill, as Krookodile is weak to like everything often used. A better sweeper could be a powerful Dragon, as it got good move coverage, high attack and speed.

Ilan

To be fully honest, this team seems more gimmicky than anything.

Shedinja has NO place in OU. Literally everything kills it. Weather makes it useless, entry hazards make it useless, Toxic and Wisp make is useless, ghost types and fire types, two of the most overused types in the metagame, kill it on sight, not to mention Pursuit, Sucker Punch, etc. Even if you get lucky and force a switch, then what? You're still screwed. He's dead weight, drop him.

Relying solely on Krooko for attacking power isn't a great idea at all. He simply lacks it. If you somehow manage to Baton Pass him huge boosts, then he might kill one 'Mon before they chuck in a counter. As thedarklord2155 pointed about above, so many threats kill him that it simply isn't funny. Politoed is in no way a threat to anything. Perish Song is laughably useless, not only are there easier ways to force a switch, but it's also incredibly predictable.

Get rid of Shedinja and bring in some more offense, or a good stall.
Perish song isn't that useless I like the move it makes baton pass teams cry and can make some switches to annoying walls. but I agree relying on it to check set up sweepers is bad.
Relying on one attacker is never a good thing.. so add another one at least like I said add terrakion and magnezone they could help your team a lot.

... 75% flinch rate? ....

90 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 = 53.14 %chance to attack.

This means you have around a 47% flinch rate. Not bad though.

Drop Fire Fang for Aqua Tail and get rid of Brick Break for Stone Edge / Rock Slide. In Rain it + Rock / Earthquake hits basically everything harder than Fire Fang. Breloom is either going to fall to +2 Beat Up flinch + Earthquake or simply wipe you off the face of the earth with Mach Punch before you can make a move.