• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(OU) Mega Metagross Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have decided to build an OU team based around Mega Metagross. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect

Latias @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Any weaknesses or vulnerabilities I should be aware of? Any changes I should make or pokemon I should replace? I've been considering switching Rotom or Weavile for Gengar, or possibly switching Latias for another hazard remover. Overall, I want my team to be relatively bulky. The only mons I absolutely want to keep are Metagross and Clefable.

So, any suggestions?

Reisuke

Apparently i died
So I have decided to build an OU team based around Mega Metagross. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect

Latias @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Any weaknesses or vulnerabilities I should be aware of? Any changes I should make or pokemon I should replace? I've been considering switching Rotom or Weavile for Gengar, or possibly switching Latias for another hazard remover. Overall, I want my team to be relatively bulky. The only mons I absolutely want to keep are Metagross and Clefable.

So, any suggestions?

Latias is way better with life orb (damage boost is way more important then residual damage on it)
And keldeo might do a choice specs since it's speed tier is already excellent. It's damage output may be way more important

Also you have no way of curing yourself of status. Any burn/toxic and your pokemon is crippled for the rest of the match. I suggest to use heal bell on clef instead of flamethrower (since heatran gets destroyed by keldeo and the other steel types by mega meta).

I'll definitaly change Flamethrower to Heal Bell on Clefable and give Keldeo a Live Orb or Choice Specs. I also just got the idea to replace Weavile with Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn
He's much bulkier than Weavile, has much better typing, and serves as an excellent scout and revenge killer, but because of this I will have to replace Latias with another Defogger.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Latias is way better with life orb (damage boost is way more important then residual damage on it)
And keldeo might do a choice specs since it's speed tier is already excellent. It's damage output may be way more important

I think that the use of Rocky Helmet is justified, as the Latias build is for a more defensive look than offensive output. Seeing it that way, Rocky Helmet is a great choice. However, unless this is Item Claused, I would replace Rocky Helmet with Leftovers because of the easy healing that helps supplement Roost.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I think that the use of Rocky Helmet is justified, as the Latias build is for a more defensive look than offensive output. Seeing it that way, Rocky Helmet is a great choice. However, unless this is Item Claused, I would replace Rocky Helmet with Leftovers because of the easy healing that helps supplement Roost.

Agreed with the Rocky Helmet, although the foreseeable problem is that once they know that's on, they'll switch to special moves. I would only use Leftovers however if you run a "stall" move like Toxic, but that's totally your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.