• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU - Mega Metagross Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately I've been trying to get back into competitive, so I decided to build a new team based on Mega Metagross:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Serves as an effective lead that allows me to set up webs and rocks to control the flow of battle. Encore and Toxic can allow me to force a switch if needed.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Serves as my main sweeper that offers plenty of coverage.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Serves as a bulky pivot that compliments Metagross well. Offers great coverage.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Serves as a revenge killer that can deal with Heatran and offers great coverage to complement Metgross.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Serves as another bulky pivot that can deal with Rotom-W, stop setups with Clear Smog, and shut down key threats with Spore.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Obligatory spinner that offers Water coverage. Can also use Reflect Type for emergency tanking if need be.

The team still seems to have a few flaws, but so far nothing I haven't been able to overcome with Hydreigon revenge killing. Overall this has been fairly successful in Showdown, but I'd still like to refine it more though. It still feels like it's lacking something, I'm just not sure what.

Anyone have any advice?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
You are incredibly weak to Bisharp. If Sticky Web gets up, it will destroy you if you don't play extremely carefully.

You are incredibly weak to Bisharp. If Sticky Web gets up, it will destroy you if you don't play extremely carefully.
I've decided to redo the team a bit in order to make it more offensive:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Gross and Hydreigon are serving as the core with Unaware Clefable for support, but I'm wondering what some good choices for my other teammates would be. Tentacruel, Talonflame, and Serperior are just placeholders ATM.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I've decided to redo the team a bit in order to make it more offensive:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Gross and Hydreigon are serving as the core with Unaware Clefable for support, but I'm wondering what some good choices for my other teammates would be. Tentacruel, Talonflame, and Serperior are just placeholders ATM.

Should probably either repost this or update the OP then.

Running Fire Blast on Clefable is fun to lure Scizor and Ferrothorn, but I feel like you'd get more mileage from Heal Bell since you're not particularly weak to those threats anyways, and your team would appreciate the ability to clear burns and paralysis. Plus without Heal Bell a lot of things he'd usually check can get past him with Toxic.

Acid Spray on Tentacruel is another odd gimmick. On paper it seems like a good idea but in practice it doesn't really let you check anything that you wouldn't usually check. It just annoys switch-ins by halving their Sp. Def. You could try Knock Off, Protect, or Ice Beam in its place

Serperior is pretty standard. I usually run Life Orb but I'm not sure if there's any KO's you'd get with Life Orb that you wouldn't with Meadow Plate.

You could drop Flash Cannon on Hydreigon for Fire Blast. Hitting Fairies is nice but the rest of your team cares not one bit for Fairies anyhow, while Fire Blast is generally stronger and offers better coverage. You've already got Earth Power but the only things that EP really hits harder is stuff like Heatran and Tyranitar.

Meta and Talon are pretty standard, nothing to say there.

Status
Not open for further replies.