• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Metagame Discussion Thread

ger9119

Running Safety Goggles though does let you stay in on predicted T-Tar/Hippo and burn them, so that's a perk to it as well. Focus Sash really only helps with a misplay, as Protect can help you scout imo better than Focus Sash.
+ You can send it in to sponge a Spore, although the 2 Pokemon in OU that use it usually carry HP Fire; Rock Tomb/Stone Edge, so that's not really consistent.

I built the team with Heatran, Breloom and Clefable on it to sponge assorted statuses.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267726506

an example of the dumb **** that happens whenever I make a new alt. what worries me is that this guy had already won a battle or two with that garbage...

You couldn't see it here, but ive been trying Tailwind Latias to help out banded Tyrantrum and it isnt bad. of course latias is weak af and i only had her for healing wish, but now i can use Latios.

damn snorlax is fat

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267726506

an example of the dumb **** that happens whenever I make a new alt. what worries me is that this guy had already won a battle or two with that garbage...

You couldn't see it here, but ive been trying Tailwind Latias to help out banded Tyrantrum and it isnt bad. of course latias is weak af and i only had her for healing wish, but now i can use Latios.

damn snorlax is fat

To the tell truth considering it was very low ladder the team it self was not that bad compared to what you can actually see so yeah it's no surprise that he has won a battle or 2 because i believe team is better than most u see in the ladder.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
>Chansey on a non-Stall squad akamdjdkejsjid

balance ance ance

had to replace it with togekiss because i have no switch ins to banded machamp and primape

lmao lower ladder

(it was mostly for conkeldur)

how do you counter conkeldur with hippo? i cant poison it because guts and it can just keep healing with drain punch...

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
balance ance ance

had to replace it with togekiss because i have no switch ins to banded machamp and primape

lmao lower ladder

(it was mostly for conkeldur)

how do you counter conkeldur with hippo? i cant poison it because guts and it can just keep healing with drain punch...

Easy! You just WW and deal with it l8r.

Also, I very much so miss HO meta as well. ;_;

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Easy! You just WW and deal with it l8r.

Also, I very much so miss HO meta as well. ;_;

We are in an hyper offense metagame already.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I built the team with Heatran, Breloom and Clefable on it to sponge assorted statuses.

Oh then you are set. I assume you use already Poisoned Breloom for T-wave at times as well? Since nothing like that chance to be useless for a turn.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Oh then you are set. I assume you use already Poisoned Breloom for T-wave at times as well? Since nothing like that chance to be useless for a turn.

Actually its beneficial that Shedinja gets twaved so it becomes immune to burns and poison while allowing the switch innitiative on super slow mons like slowbro not carrying fire blast

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Actually its beneficial that Shedinja gets twaved so it becomes immune to burns and poison while allowing the switch innitiative on super slow mons like slowbro not carrying fire blast

That is true. So I guess Shedinja itself would be a sponge.

Since this is the OU Metagame thread, I was curious if anyone here knew if there is any such thing for Triples? I've been looking to find something even remotely close to that with no luck, but I did hear talk about it at some point.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
That is true. So I guess Shedinja itself would be a sponge.

Since this is the OU Metagame thread, I was curious if anyone here knew if there is any such thing for Triples? I've been looking to find something even remotely close to that with no luck, but I did hear talk about it at some point.
It's one of the permanent Other Metagames and an option for Battlespot. It doesn't really have its own tier due to the playerbase (or lack thereof).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

The viability for said OM is here though as stated already it doesn't have much of a playerbase compared to Singles or even Doubles. Triples on Battle Spot actually has a sizable playerbase as with any Battle Spot format but the majority of said playerbase is Japanese so yeah. Not much interest in Triples by comparison, even on Smogon.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
It's one of the permanent Other Metagames and an option for Battlespot. It doesn't really have its own tier due to the playerbase (or lack thereof).

The viability for said OM is here though as stated already it doesn't have much of a playerbase compared to Singles or even Doubles. Triples on Battle Spot actually has a sizable playerbase as with any Battle Spot format but the majority of said playerbase is Japanese so yeah. Not much interest in Triples by comparison, even on Smogon.

Ok thank you both for the info :)

ger9119

With all the new zygarde forms how do you think it will improve in OU?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
With all the new zygarde forms how do you think it will improve in OU?

No BST , nor potential moves added we got literally no information to discuss here, heck they could go Msalamence route and make lo mamoswine unable to ohko with ice shard if they wanted, wich will be the most likely scenario knowing them.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
We have almost nothing to go off of, so Theorymon at this stage is pretty pointless.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
i just want hone claws dragon rush to be a thing

i believe the moves Thousand Arrows and Thoudand Waves will be usable on this guy, do you guys think this will be viable?

edit: it learns coil but not dragon rush. Bummer...

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Yeah, let's save the speculation about the Formes' impact until we have some solid information; at least an ability or BST, if not both.

i believe the moves Thousand Arrows and Thoudand Waves will be usable on this guy, do you guys think this will be viable?

Arrows will be hugely viable since the number of things that can safely switch is very few, given immunities to Ground become a non-factor. Waves though won't be that big of a deal, since the trapping effect won't matter too much, given most things will switch to the appropriate counter before getting trapped.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yeah, let's save the speculation about the Formes' impact until we have some solid information; at least an ability or BST, if not both.

Arrows will be hugely viable since the number of things that can safely switch is very few, given immunities to Ground become a non-factor. Waves though won't be that big of a deal, since the trapping effect won't matter too much, given most things will switch to the appropriate counter before getting trapped.

Waves has the potential to negate switching out after the hit giving you a free switch out, it might not seem that great but I can't count the times a magma storm from scarf Heatran bought me the game by allowing a free switch in in ORAS.

It's not the superior choice, but it still has it perks.