• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Metagame Discussion Thread

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Thunderpunch Medicham worth it? Friendo loves it, but it only hits what, Bro and Star? I really tend to miss BP when I use it, but the meta's been shifting towards bulkier teams lately, no?

Anywho, T-Punch Medi
y/n

Have ya'll found any personally favorable mons as of late?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Starmie is a fantastic rapid spinner, and its speed stat is superb, it can outspeed choice scarf magnezones. Its actually got the fastest base speed stat of any pokemon that learns rapid spin and very few defoggers are as fast. Its ability, natural cure, lets it heal status every time it switches which helps it switch into scald and other moves that inflict status and has solid coverage offensively. Although you should be careful, ghost types and pursuit and sucker punch users can really be a problem for it.
Honestly, if you're running offensive Starmie you should be using Analytic. The power boost is overall more useful than curing status.

Thunderpunch Medicham worth it? Friendo loves it, but it only hits what, Bro and Star? I really tend to miss BP when I use it, but the meta's been shifting towards bulkier teams lately, no?

Anywho, T-Punch Medi
y/n
Yes. Hitting Slowbro and Mega Slowbro is very nice.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster

Anywho, T-Punch Medi
y/n

Thunderpunch is also great for intimidate gyaradoses switching into fake-outs. Also I have't played much recently, but physical celebi is a lot of fun in UU, especially with Darmanitan to past swords dance to.

AsFastAsICan

Anywho, T-Punch Medi
y/n

Experimenting with Specs Volcanion to some pretty decent results. It hits hard as hell but doesn't have perfect coverage. I like sub Kyurem more lately too now that zard isn't as popular.

Are people starting to use OU teams without mega more frequently? Usage stats on Smogon point to Scizor, Garchomp, and Tyranitar being the most popular mega and they can all be used as without the mega form.