• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Mix

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
This is a team I made a few months ago, and it sucked then. However, with the help of a friend, it's up and running, and I have 4-0'd uber teams and 6-0'd other OU teams. This team is mainly made of sweepers, however.

091cloyster.png

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
Cloyster can kill most things with one Shell Smash. Skill Link lets Icicle Spear and Rock Blast get their fullest potential, and can OHKO a lot of things. As it doesn't have Waterfall, Razor Shell is second best. That being said, as most teams lead with entry hazards you can normally get 2-3 Shell Smashes in there and kill most anything.

472gliscor.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 180 Def / 72 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Protect
Ice Fang is for coverage (and other Gliscors), Facade is a good neutral mave with 140 base power. EQ get STAB and covergae, and Protect gives me a free Poison Heal.

385jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Wave
Iron Head and Zen Headbutt are STAB, Drain Punch is for some HP regen and T-Wave stalls the opponent. Air Balloon is there to keep away from EQ.

469yanmega.png

Yanmega (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash
Protect is to get the extra speed, Bug Buzz is good Psychic and Dark types (and Grass). HP Ground gets good coverage, and Air Slash has flinch chance and STAB.

392infernape.png

Infernape (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Blaze
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
ThunderPunch is good coverage, as is EQ. Mach Punch gets STAB and speed priority. Flare Blitz can take out a lot, even if not super effective.

212scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Bullet Punch gets the continuous boost from the Iron Plate, and U-Turn gets STAB and scouts. Superpower is good for killing a lot of things. Pursuit gets Technician boost and more if they're switching.

Last edited:

Neo Zoroark

Bandwagoning!
This is a team I made a few months ago, and it sucked then. However, with the help of a friend, it's up and running, and I have 4-0'd uber teams and 6-0'd other OU teams. This team is mainly made of sweepers, however.

091cloyster.png

EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
Cloyster can kill most things with one Shell Smash. Skill Link lets Icicle Spear and Rock Blast get their fullest potential, and can OHKO a lot of things. As it doesn't have Waterfall, Razor Shell is second best. That being said, as most teams lead with entry hazards you can normally get 2-3 Shell Smashes in there and kill most anything.

EVs outspeed Scarf Terrakion after a Shell Smash.

472gliscor.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 180 Def/72 Spe
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect
This is a good coverage set. Fire Fang gets most Ice types, and Ice Fang is there for coverage. Earthquake is a good all-around move, and Poison Jab has good strength and has a decent chance of poisoning.

Protect gives extra Toxic Orb recovery. EVs outspeed max Speed Tyranitar.

385jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 176 Atk/156 SpA/176 Spe
Naive Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch
- Thunderbolt
Jirachi is very good at sweeping. Iron Head has the chance of Flinching, and does decent damage. Energy Ball and Water Pulse are there for coverage, and Drain Punch allows you to get HP back.

Thunderbolt is better than Water Pulse because it's your best option against non-Gastrodon/Quagsire/Swampert bulky Waters. EVs provide great mixed power and the Naive nature reflects it.

469yanmega.png

Yanmega (M) @ Focus Sash
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash
Yanmega can stand it's own against a lot of things. Protect allows it to get it's Speed Boost, and the Focus Sash makes sure it won't get OHKO'd. Bug Buzz and Air Slash both bet STAB, and HP Ground gets good coverage.

Good.

392infernape.png

Infernape (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
Infernape is amazing with this set. Air Balloon is also a good choice, but Leftovers works as well. Iron Fist helps the Elemental Punches and Mach Punch, and two of those get STAB. EQ is good caoverage and has high Power.

Thunderpunch and Fire Punch aren't released with DW Infernape, so a Blaze set is one of the best. Choice Band because it is pro on full physical Infernape.

212scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Scizor can OHKO a lot with Superpower, and Bullet Punch can be used for a quick KO when needed. X-Scissor gets STAB, and Night Slash has good coverage and high Crit ratio.

The set you should eb running on this team.

Changes in bold.

El Rey

Can't touch this

091cloyster.png

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

472gliscor.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Ice Fang
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Protect
This is a good coverage set. Fire Fang gets most Ice types, and Ice Fang is there for coverage. Earthquake is a good all-around move, and Poison Jab has good strength and has a decent chance of poisoning.

If you're going to run a defensive set then consider that one.

385jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spd
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Trick
Jirachi is very good at sweeping. Iron Head has the chance of Flinching, and does decent damage. Energy Ball and Water Pulse are there for coverage, and Drain Punch allows you to get HP back.

Wish will allow you to heal more, or heal another pokemon. Fire punch for the annoying steel/grass types, and trick for the Scarf/Choice/Evolite users.

469yanmega.png

Yanmega (M) @ Focus Sash
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash
Yanmega can stand it's own against a lot of things. Protect allows it to get it's Speed Boost, and the Focus Sash makes sure it won't get OHKO'd. Bug Buzz and Air Slash both bet STAB, and HP Ground gets good coverage.

392infernape.png

Infernape (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
Infernape is amazing with this set. Air Balloon is also a good choice, but Leftovers works as well. Iron Fist helps the Elemental Punches and Mach Punch, and two of those get STAB. EQ is good caoverage and has high Power.

212scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Hardy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Swords Dances
Scizor can OHKO a lot with Superpower, and Bullet Punch can be used for a quick KO when needed. X-Scissor gets STAB, and Night Slash has good coverage and high Crit ratio.

Changes in bold

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss

091cloyster.png

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def Move to speed
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Um, No you can't. Many teams now have a Cloyster counter as it is becoming semi-common.

472gliscor.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab Protect(If not changing speed)/Substitute(if maxing speed)

Really? I don't think you will outspeed most Ice types to be able to touch them. I would give this sweeper EVs. 20 EVs in HP for more Poison heal recovery, max speed, jolly, max attack. Or at least go max attack with what you have now. Gliscor is WEAK without super effective attacks or max attack.

385jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers/Wide Lens/Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Wave

Try my Jirachi. Goal is to para(hax) faster opponents, and then Flinch them. two STABs plus drain punch.

469yanmega.png

Yanmega (M) @ Focus Sash
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash

Looks good

392infernape.png

Infernape (F) @ Leftovers Air Balloon/Life Orb/Expert Belt/Lum Berry
Trait: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch

Infernape is not bulky enough to survive most neutral STABs. Leftovers doesn't help much. I gave some suggestions that could help a frail sweeper like Infernape.

212scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Hardy Nature <-- bzzt! no. No reason to use this. The only time a neutral nature becomes even plausible is on a mixed sweeper. Go Adamant; you're not even using any Special Attacks.
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Superpower or Brick Break
- Night Slash Swords Dance

Night Slash doesn't add much coverage.
Also, Try this Scizor;
Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

EVs to survive many Special Attacks
Comments Bolded

Is this supposed to be a Hyper Offense team?

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
Yeah, I guess Hyper Offense is the way to describe. I'm updating first post with the new sets.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Dont like Infernape being Adamant, it dont miss significant kills and is outspeed by other Infernape and being risk by being KOed by Close Combat.
yep, Jolly is the better option. Also Fighting gets no good coverage with Ground on Infernape so i would switch EQ out for another move. Maybe Swords dance.