• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Non-Weather Team!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Okay so this is basically my first RMT I've done. This team actually used to be a Sand team, but when I realized that I wasn't really benefitting much from the sand, I just dumped Tyranitar and made it weatherless. So this team is sorta like a Hyper Offense team in that after SR is set up, I go ahead and attack for the rest of the match, with Jellicent sponging everything in between. So now to go in depth.

485.gif

Heatran @Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran does very well on this team, picking up fire attacks aimed at Scizor and Mamoswine. He sets up SR to help rack up entry damage from all the switches this team can cause. After setting up SR, he goes on the offensive along with the rest of the team. STAB Fire Blast is nothing to laugh at, taking down the many steel types of OU, such as Skarm, Scizor, Ferro, and Forretress. Earth Power does well against other Heatran, as well as other things Fire Blast fails to affect. HP Ice is for the many pesky Dragons that plague OU such as Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp. In addition, Heatran has great synergy with Jellicent, absorbing grass, dark, and ghost type moves sent his way.

065.gif

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Charge Beam
- Signal Beam

This thing is a complete monster. With Magic Guard, it takes no damage from hazards, weather, status, or life orb, which gives him a free boost with no damage. Psyshock is a great STAB move that also allows him to hit Blissey/Chansey on their defensive side. Focus Blast OHKOs CB Tyranitar in a sandstorm after stealth rocks(possibly before), among plenty of other things. Charge Beam is the surprise factor of the set, finishing off weakened opponents easily enough and picking up a nifty Sp. Att. boost for whatever may come in next. Signal Beam over Shadow Ball basically for Celebii. Timid Nature and EVs allow him to outspeed a majority of the tier.

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Mamoswine is a great revenge killer packing STAB Ice Shard for tons of threats such as Breloom, dragons, Gliscor, and plenty of others. It also makes up for his below average speed, which is why I also gave him max speed EVs and a Jolly nature. Icicle Crash is for when I don't have to worry about taking a hit, or when Mamo outspeeds an opponent. Earthquake is, as usual, an awesome STAB to have. Superpower is there to round out coverage.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 216 SDef / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt

Ever since I replaced Rotom-W with this, I've found much more success. It's ability to completely absorb water type attacks is a huge plus for my team. Will-O-Wisp totally cripples almost any physical pokemon that thinks it can take on Jellicent. Taunt completely shuts down pokemon like Ferrothorn and Blissey. And thanks to Will-O-Wisp and Recover, he doesn't worry about Ferrothorn's Power Whip. He has awesome synergy with basically every single pokemon here, making him the ideal special tank of the team.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

CB Scizor is a classic set, packing one hell of a punch. This thing is pretty straight forward, using Technician Bullet Punch to revenge kill, along with Pursuit to trap and KO pokemon like Alakazam and Lati@s trying to escape. U-turn is great for keeping momentum and Superpower helps round out his coverage.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Psyshock

At first I thought about using Latios, but decided that I needed a bulky setup sweeper, and Latias is superior in that division. Latias is great for sweeping late game once her counters are fainted or weakened enough for her to sweep. Calm Mind makes her tough to take down without a physical attacker, and even then her natural bulk and Roost keep her going. Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire have great synergy together, covering most pokemon for at least neutral damage.

So that's the team. Please tell me what you think and feel free to make new suggestions for sets, moves, EV spreads, or pokemon, I'll consider it.​

Edits in red. In addition, I'm now looking for a replacement for Latias, as it doesn't seem to be working out well for me. It pretty much needs to have a ground immunity though since she was the best thing I had to switch into ground attacks aimed at Heatran.

Last edited:

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
Looks like a solid team. The only suggestions I have are really just preference, so take all this with a grain of salt :)

Heatran
Since your Heatran is offensive in nature, I would switch the item to Air Balloon, allowing you a little extra security vs EQ / Earth Power, which Heatran really doesn't like.

Alakazam
with Magic Guard, I personally really prefer a Focus Sash, as while fast, Al is pretty frail. Sash would allow you to 2HKO things that are slower than Al that would otherwise OHKO it. With that being said, i would switch charge beam (or signal beam, but I would do charge beam) to HP Ice to get better coverage against dragons and ground.

Latias
If you get stuck in a CM war, this set will not help, as both of your attacks target SDef. I would switch HP Fire to Psyshock. You've really got Steel covered with Heatran / EQ&Superpower from Mamo/Superpower from Scizor.

Scizor
You might consider moving those 8 EVs in SDef into speed to speed creep other bulky scizor ;)

Again, these suggestions are all just preference, as your team appears pretty solid as is.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Looks like a solid team. The only suggestions I have are really just preference, so take all this with a grain of salt :)

Heatran
Since your Heatran is offensive in nature, I would switch the item to Air Balloon, allowing you a little extra security vs EQ / Earth Power, which Heatran really doesn't like.

Alakazam
with Magic Guard, I personally really prefer a Focus Sash, as while fast, Al is pretty frail. Sash would allow you to 2HKO things that are slower than Al that would otherwise OHKO it. With that being said, i would switch charge beam (or signal beam, but I would do charge beam) to HP Ice to get better coverage against dragons and ground.

Latias
If you get stuck in a CM war, this set will not help, as both of your attacks target SDef. I would switch HP Fire to Psyshock. You've really got Steel covered with Heatran / EQ&Superpower from Mamo/Superpower from Scizor.

Scizor
You might consider moving those 8 EVs in SDef into speed to speed creep other bulky scizor ;)

Again, these suggestions are all just preference, as your team appears pretty solid as is.

I appreciate the comments, sorry it took me so long to test them, I've been very busy. I like most of them, and Alakazam seems to still be as powerful as ever even without life orb. Now I'm just looking for a replacement to Latias, as she hasn't had a single sweep and really hasn't been very helpful on this team.

Hey Char,

Team overall looks good. Since your looking for a latias replacment may i suggest LO hydreigon. It is more powerful but a tad slower. It keeps the ground immunity. But it provides you with fighting weakness

Hyderigon@Life orb
Timid
252spa/252spe/4hp
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Roost

All moves are for coverage whic gives you neutral vs everything that isnt ballooned.

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
The power of CM Latias comes after you get a couple of CM under her belt...

If you're wanting something more immediate, you have quite a few options.

If you like the SDef of Latias, you could slap a Life Orb on her and run an offensive set.

Latias @ Life Orb
252 SpA/252 Spd/4HP
Timid Nature (+Spd/-Atk)
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Roost

If you're wanting sheer power in the same speed tier...Latios is the way to go, and with him you can either go Life Orb, Choice Specs, or Choice Scarf

Latios @ Life Orb / Specs / Scarf
252 SpA/252 Spd/4HP
Timid Nature (+Spd/-Atk)
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf / HP Fire
-Roost / HP Fire / Trick

If you want to go with Hydreigon, I would suggest a mixed set.

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
252 SpA/252 Spd/ 4 Atk
(+Spd/-SDef or Def) (I forget the nature name)
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-U-Turn / Earthquake

Hopefully this helps :)