• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OU] Quick Death In The Storm

rckstr

T E A M - P R E V I E W

641.gif
635.gif
212.gif
454.gif
186.gif
598.gif

I N T R O D U C T I O N

This is a Team I have been working on a for a few days not and has been very successful in teh battles I have used it in, it involves Rain helping out Scizor and Ferrothorn by reducing the power of Fire Attacks, Tornadus bulldozing through teams with a 100% accurate STAB choice Specs Hurricane.A very unexpected and effective Hydreigon set, the RAW powerof Guts+Flame Orb Conkeldurr and entry hazards together with Pokemon forcing switches giving the opponent a very quick yet painful death in battle.This team is not perfect but boasts some great synergy.Your opinons on what to change are appreciated but bear in mind Hydreigon will not be removed from the team at any cost being one of my favorites.

T E A M - S Y N E R G Y

http://i41.*******.com/155jabk.png

P O K E M O N - I N F O R M A T I O N

641.gif

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

A set that I have come up with and has been used to great success being able to run through a few Pokemon every game thanks to the raw power of Choice Specs Hurricane which hits like a truck, the accuracy is low but it's a risk I am willing to take because I get alot of damage out of it but assuming my rain is up for the entire game it can really dent a few Pokemon and OHKO quite alot too.Focus Blast helps me hit Steel Types that resist Hurricane.U-Turn lets me scout the opponents team and is a good way to escape if I see a switch coming in.Dark Pulse is just filler but helps hit ghosts hard if Rain is not up and I feel it's risky to use Hurricane.Overall great Pokemon that catches many Pokemon Trainers off guard with a unique and very effective set.Dark Pulse has been replaced with Tailwind.

635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Another underrated Pokemon and Set here, Hydreigon offers a great Dragon/Dark typing which tends to force many switches making it a great user of the move Substitute.Once behind the substitute Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast and Focus Blast give perfect coverage hitting every Pokemon for atleast neutral damage, combined with Hydreigon's great Special Attack stat and a Modest Nature it can give major dents to many teams.Leftovers help restore HP so that Substitute can be used again later in the battle.I am a bit worried about Focus Blast and Fire Blast having lo w accuracy but I will not switch them because it will lead to me losing some vital OHKOs and the Raw Power this set has to offer.Fire Blast has been replaced with Surf

212.gif

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The Pokemon that everybody feared for years is back with it's Classic Choice Band set. 248 HP gives Scizor lots of Bulk and lets it take Fire Attacks in the rain.Bullet Punch is the main move I use combined with Technician, Adamant nature and max attack EVS damages or KOs everything that does not resist it.U-Turn is used to scout my opponent and like Tornadus escape after hitting if I sense a switch coming in.Superpower is mainly for Blissey and Chansey while Pursuit is a useful little move to trap Latios, Latias and Ghost type pokemon.I have been thinking about changing Superpower with Brick Break but am not sure, opinions are invite don the matter.

454.gif

Toxicroak (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

What a great Pokemon suggested by one of the comments below, I was skeptical about losing all the Bulk that Cokeldurr was adding to my team but it abuses the Rain set up by Politoed so well using it's Dry Skin Ability to restore health lets me afford to use a Life Orb.Cross Chop, Sucker Punch and Ice Punch offer good coverage and priority while Swords Dance used almost certainly means GG late game.The Swords Dance Set has been replaced with a Bulk up Set as it has been more effective for me

186.gif

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

When equipped with a Choice Scarf, Politoed can eliminate many enemy weather abusers with fast super effective attacks or powerful STAB Water-type attacks. With the popularity of sun- and sandstorm-based teams in the metagame, all Politoed needs to do is switch in to activate Drizzle, and proceed to revenge kill common weather abusers, such as Venusaur and Sawsbuck, with the appropriate moves.I was thinking about using Perish Song over Focus blast to force more switches or to spoil some Set Up sweepers but opinions on that would help.Focus Blast Replaced with Perish Song.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

A simple set that functions very well under Rain as the power of fire attacks is reduced.Spikes and Stealth Rock help this team alot as many pokemon in the team force the opponent to switch, I usually first set Stealth Rock and then try to get as much Spikes layers possible.Thunder Wave helps cripple Pokemon while Power Whip is a rarely used move but if I have nothing else it helps hitting/finishing off some Pokemon, I am thinking of replacing it with Gyro Ball for more damage.Shed Shell stops the rare Magnezone from trapping me.Shed Shell replaced with Leftovers now.which has now been replaced with Rocky Helmet and Spikes has been removed for Leech Seed.

F O R M E R - M E M B E R S

534.gif

Conkeldurr (F) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SDef
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Facade

If there is a Pokemon that defines hitting like a truck it has to be Guts+Flame Orb Conkeldurr.This guy is capable of OHKOing loads of Pokemon after the Flame Orb switches on combined with an Adamant Nature and 252 ATk EVS along with Stab moves like Mach Punch, Drain Punch.Payback hits ghosts while Facde is another option to take advantage of the burn induced on it.This set offers Raw power, HP restoration and Priority.I tried out a Bulk up Set but setting up can be a pain at times and it is also a victim to Breloom's Spore, running this set lets Conkedurr take any status that I predict is coming as it is Burnt permanent for the game.

Last edited:

mewmewzapdos

The Defensive Pro

T E A M - P R E V I E W

641.gif
635.gif
212.gif
534.gif
186.gif
598.gif

I N T R O D U C T I O N

This is a Team I have been working on a for a few days not and has been very successful in teh battles I have used it in, it involves Rain helping out Scizor and Ferrothorn by reducing the power of Fire Attacks, Tornadus bulldozing through teams with a 100% accurate STAB choice Specs Hurricane.A very unexpected and effective Hydreigon set, the RAW powerof Guts+Flame Orb Conkeldurr and entry hazards together with Pokemon forcing switches giving the opponent a very quick yet painful death in battle.This team is not perfect but boasts some great synergy.Your opinons on what to change are appreciated but bear in mind Hydreigon will not be removed from the team at any cost being one of my favorites.

T E A M - S Y N E R G Y

641.gif

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

A set that I have come up with and has been used to great success being able to run through a few Pokemon every game thanks to the raw power of Choice Specs Hurricane which hits like a truck, the accuracy is low but it's a risk I am willing to take because I get alot of damage out of it but assuming my rain is up for the entire game it can really dent a few Pokemon and OHKO quite alot too.Focus Blast helps me hit Steel Types that resist Hurricane.U-Turn lets me scout the opponents team and is a good way to escape if I see a switch coming in.Dark Pulse is just filler but helps hit ghosts hard if Rain is not up and I feel it's risky to use Hurricane.Overall great Pokemon that catches many Pokemon Trainers off guard with a unique and very effective set.

635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Another underrated Pokemon and Set here, Hydreigon offers a great Dragon/Dark typing which tends to force many switches making it a great user of the move Substitute.Once behind the substitute Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast and Focus Blast give perfect coverage hitting every Pokemon for atleast neutral damage, combined with Hydreigon's great Special Attack stat and a Modest Nature it can give major dents to many teams.Leftovers help restore HP so that Substitute can be used again later in the battle.I am a bit worried about Focus Blast and Fire Blast having lo w accuracy but I will not switch them because it will lead to me losing some vital OHKOs and the Raw Power this set has to offer.

212.gif

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The Pokemon that everybody feared for years is back with it's Classic Choice Band set. 248 HP gives Scizor lots of Bulk and lets it take Fire Attacks in the rain.Bullet Punch is the main move I use combined with Technician, Adamant nature and max attack EVS damages or KOs everything that does not resist it.U-Turn is used to scout my opponent and like Tornadus escape after hitting if I sense a switch coming in.Superpower is mainly for Blissey and Chansey while Pursuit is a useful little move to trap Latios, Latias and Ghost type pokemon.I have been thinking about changing Superpower with Brick Break but am not sure, opinions are invite don the matter.

534.gif

- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Facade

If there is a Pokemon that defines hitting like a truck it has to be Guts+Flame Orb Conkeldurr.This guy is capable of OHKOing loads of Pokemon after the Flame Orb switches on combined with an Adamant Nature and 252 ATk EVS along with Stab moves like Mach Punch, Drain Punch.Payback hits ghosts while Facde is another option to take advantage of the burn induced on it.This set offers Raw power, HP restoration and Priority.I tried out a Bulk up Set but setting up can be a pain at times and it is also a victim to Breloom's Spore, running this set lets Conkedurr take any status that I predict is coming as it is Burnt permanent for the game.

186.gif

- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

When equipped with a Choice Scarf, Politoed can eliminate many enemy weather abusers with fast super effective attacks or powerful STAB Water-type attacks. With the popularity of sun- and sandstorm-based teams in the metagame, all Politoed needs to do is switch in to activate Drizzle, and proceed to revenge kill common weather abusers, such as Venusaur and Sawsbuck, with the appropriate moves.I was thinking about using Perish Song over Focus blast to force more switches or to spoil some Set Up sweepers but opinions on that would help.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

A simple set that functions very well under Rain as the power of fire attacks is reduced.Spikes and Stealth Rock help this team alot as many pokemon in the team force the opponent to switch, I usually first set Stealth Rock and then try to get as much Spikes layers possible.Thunder Wave helps cripple Pokemon while Power Whip is a rarely used move but if I have nothing else it helps hitting/finishing off some Pokemon, I am thinking of replacing it with Gyro Ball for more damage.Shed Shell stops the rare Magnezone from trapping me.​

A great TEAM!!!! But is there a flaw in yr conkeldurr cuz i want to make a counter for it....... cuz many use him to pwns me.....

rckstr

You have to hit it hard and switch to something that is immune fighting and stall out the burn

Shale

gtfo
Well, I've played against this team a couple times, so here I go...

T E A M - P R E V I E W

641.gif
635.gif
212.gif
534.gif
186.gif
598.gif

I N T R O D U C T I O N

T E A M - S Y N E R G Y

641.gif

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SpD)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

A set that I have come up with and has been used to great success being able to run through a few Pokemon every game thanks to the raw power of Choice Specs Hurricane which hits like a truck, the accuracy is low but it's a risk I am willing to take because I get alot of damage out of it but assuming my rain is up for the entire game it can really dent a few Pokemon and OHKO quite alot too.Focus Blast helps me hit Steel Types that resist Hurricane.U-Turn lets me scout the opponents team and is a good way to escape if I see a switch coming in.Dark Pulse is just filler but helps hit ghosts hard if Rain is not up and I feel it's risky to use Hurricane.Overall great Pokemon that catches many Pokemon Trainers off guard with a unique and very effective set.

Good.

635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Another underrated Pokemon and Set here, Hydreigon offers a great Dragon/Dark typing which tends to force many switches making it a great user of the move Substitute.Once behind the substitute Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast and Focus Blast give perfect coverage hitting every Pokemon for atleast neutral damage, combined with Hydreigon's great Special Attack stat and a Modest Nature it can give major dents to many teams.Leftovers help restore HP so that Substitute can be used again later in the battle.I am a bit worried about Focus Blast and Fire Blast having lo w accuracy but I will not switch them because it will lead to me losing some vital OHKOs and the Raw Power this set has to offer.

You get STAB off of DP and Fire Blast's power is lowered under the rain.

212.gif

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Don't EVER use hardy nature. Also, 8 speed lets you outspeed Skarmory, so you can U-Turn out with ease.

534.gif

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Facade

Good.

186.gif

- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

When equipped with a Choice Scarf, Politoed can eliminate many enemy weather abusers with fast super effective attacks or powerful STAB Water-type attacks. With the popularity of sun- and sandstorm-based teams in the metagame, all Politoed needs to do is switch in to activate Drizzle, and proceed to revenge kill common weather abusers, such as Venusaur and Sawsbuck, with the appropriate moves.I was thinking about using Perish Song over Focus blast to force more switches or to spoil some Set Up sweepers but opinions on that would help.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

A simple set that functions very well under Rain as the power of fire attacks is reduced.Spikes and Stealth Rock help this team alot as many pokemon in the team force the opponent to switch, I usually first set Stealth Rock and then try to get as much Spikes layers possible.Thunder Wave helps cripple Pokemon while Power Whip is a rarely used move but if I have nothing else it helps hitting/finishing off some Pokemon, I am thinking of replacing it with Gyro Ball for more damage.Shed Shell stops the rare Magnezone from trapping me.

If you see a Magnezone, switch often, but it's not worth an item slot.

Last edited:

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
i have a team tht is extremely similar to this(5/6 same pokes with similar sets) lolol.

anyways heres a few nitpicks,

on hydreigon run surf > fire blast to actually benefit off of ur rain. I also prefer tailwind > dark pulse on my tornadus, as this can be a last ditch effort to attempt to regain momentum. Many people question the use of tailwind on a choiced pokemon, but with prankster u can use tailwind right before the opponent kills u, its pretty much so tornadus can do one last useful thing before it dies. On my team i use a spinner over conkeldurr, but I can also see the merits in conk so ill leave that up to u.

nice team :p and GL

rckstr

Yeah I am going to change fire Blast to Surf, Fire Blast is too weak in Rain.
Somebody else also told me to put Tailwind over Dark Pulse so I will give it a try.

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Not much flaw I can see right now save to a good Latios will blast you off if you're not careful

rckstr

Scizor, Hydreigon(Assuming it gets the sub before) and Tornadus can handle Latios fairly well.

Should I replace Hydreigon with another dragon?

No. Hydreigon is a good one. It can take many hits and is a very powerful attacker.

Blazethehaze6

Oh no you didn't!
Tornadus should run Hurricane, Focus Blast, Psychic/Toxic, and Taunt
U turn is kinda pointless on it when its Timid

and Choice Specs is a bad item for Tornadus. Use Leftovers or Life Orb instead

EDIT: You should probably delete all the double posts you have

rckstr

Life Orb Hurricane is so deadly you don't know, it can rip through a whole team if the team is not prepared.
Not changing it.Look at the log below for an example.Also I will change Tornadus to Naive to use U Turn because I need it.Many people question the use of tailwind on a choiced pokemon, but with prankster u can use tailwind right before the opponent kills u, its pretty much so tornadus can do one last useful thing before it dies.

Battle between drivescore and DÃ*scharge started!

Tier: Wifi OU

Mode: Singles

Variation: +12, -20

Rule: Rated

Rule: Sleep Clause

Rule: Species Clause

Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Tornadus / Hydreigon / Scizor / Toxicroak / Politoed / Ferrothorn

Opponent's team: Gliscor / Whimsicott / Vaporeon / Chandelure / Electivire / Sandslash

drivescore sent out Politoed!

DÃ*scharge sent out Gliscor!

Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor used Protect!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor protected itself!

Politoed used Hydro Pump!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 2

DÃ*scharge called Gliscor back!

DÃ*scharge sent out Vaporeon!

Politoed used Hydro Pump!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon's Water Absorb made the attack useless!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3

drivescore called Politoed back!

drivescore sent out Toxicroak!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon used Wish!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4

DÃ*scharge called Vaporeon back!

DÃ*scharge sent out Chandelure!

Toxicroak used Swords Dance!

Toxicroak's Attack sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

Start of turn 5

Toxicroak used Sucker Punch!

But if failed!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure used Substitute!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6

But if failed!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure used Pain Split!

The battlers shared their pain!

Rain continues to fall!

Toxicroak restored HP using its Dry Skin!

Start of turn 7

It's super effective!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure's substitute faded!

Toxicroak is hurt by its Life Orb!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure used Fire Blast!

Toxicroak lost 260 HP! (84% of its health)

Toxicroak fainted!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!

drivescore sent out Tornadus!

Start of turn 8

DÃ*scharge called Chandelure back!

Tornadus used Hurricane!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon lost 73% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon used Protect!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon protected itself!

Tornadus used Hurricane!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10

DÃ*scharge called Vaporeon back!

DÃ*scharge sent out Gliscor!

Tornadus used Hurricane!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor lost 100% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Gliscor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

DÃ*scharge sent out Electivire!

Start of turn 11

Tornadus used Hurricane!

It's not very effective...

DÃ*scharge's Electivire lost 65% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Electivire became confused!

DÃ*scharge's Electivire is confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!

DÃ*scharge's Electivire lost 34% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12

Tornadus used Hurricane!

It's not very effective...

DÃ*scharge's Electivire lost 0% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Electivire fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

drivescore: beast

Start of turn 13

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon used Protect!

Tornadus used Hurricane!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14

Tornadus used Hurricane!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon lost 44% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Vaporeon fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

DÃ*scharge sent out Whimsicott!

Start of turn 15

DÃ*scharge's Whimsicott used Toxic!

Tornadus was badly poisoned!

Tornadus used Hurricane!

It's super effective!

DÃ*scharge's Whimsicott lost 100% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Whimsicott fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Tornadus is hurt by poison!

DÃ*scharge sent out Sandslash!

Start of turn 16

Tornadus used Hurricane!

DÃ*scharge's Sandslash lost 100% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Sandslash fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Tornadus is hurt by poison!

DÃ*scharge sent out Chandelure!

Start of turn 17

Tornadus used Hurricane!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure lost 86% of its health!

DÃ*scharge's Chandelure fainted!

drivescore won the battle!

Blazethehaze6

Oh no you didn't!
Life Orb Hurricane is so deadly you don't know, it can rip through a whole team if the team is not prepared.
Not changing it.Look at the log below for an example.Also I will change Tornadus to Naive to use U Turn because I need it.Many people question the use of tailwind on a choiced pokemon, but with prankster u can use tailwind right before the opponent kills u, its pretty much so tornadus can do one last useful thing before it dies.

And here is where you are wrong. You will be stuck with tailwind once you use it unless youi switch out. Which basically means youm are using Tornadus as a suicide pokemon, which is pointless and stupid.