• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OU] Quick Death In The Storm

rckstr

No.. I will only use Tailwind late on if I know Tornadus is going to die in the turn anyways to help my other Pokemon for a late game sweep... no point adding another attack over Tailwind as I wont even use any other attack because the only move my Tornadus uses the entire battle is Hurricane

Blazethehaze6

Oh no you didn't!
With Life Orb you can keep your Tornadus in and still do the same thing...which is smarter and EASIER than switching out. Switching out is fine when you cannot avoid it, but when you can, you should

rckstr

But then Hurricane cant run through 2-3 Pokemon on it's own which is something my team thrives on.
Please go see how powerful Specs Hurricane is on my last post in the previous page

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
And here is where you are wrong. You will be stuck with tailwind once you use it unless youi switch out. Which basically means youm are using Tornadus as a suicide pokemon, which is pointless and stupid.

Right, you can think that. I have used the same set and it is amazing, hurricane u turn and the odd focus blast are quite literally all u even need on specs tornadus. tailwind just gives you the chance to bring it in after a double down / kill and setup tailwind ready to allow the rest of your team to clean out. It is a truly amazing move on torny and because of the priority it means you will almost always get that last one off.

rckstr

Right, you can think that. I have used the same set and it is amazing, hurricane u turn and the odd focus blast are quite literally all u even need on specs tornadus. tailwind just gives you the chance to bring it in after a double down / kill and setup tailwind ready to allow the rest of your team to clean out. It is a truly amazing move on torny and because of the priority it means you will almost always get that last one off.

Thank you for clearing it up for him.
Hope he understands this time.

zerofield

i miss miror
And here is where you are wrong. You will be stuck with tailwind once you use it unless youi switch out. Which basically means youm are using Tornadus as a suicide pokemon, which is pointless and stupid.

Tailwind is for tornadus to use when he's at low hp and will die anyway, or when it is no longer capable of hurting their team and you need to regain momentum. Timid is still better than naive with u-turn; it won't be doing much damage anyway with no investment and cutting your defenses for a little more power on a scouting move is honestly not worth it.

As for my own suggestion, it's rather simple; Leech Seed over Spikes on ferrothorn and a Rocky Helmet over the leftovers. Since this is clearly an offensive team, adding these things will allow ferrothorn to maintain recovery while actually getting out a lot of damage with Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, and Leech Seed. You lose a little bit of damage, but you're going to want to keep momentum, meaning that T-waving or Seeding a pokemon to cripple it will be better than spikestacking in most situations anyway.

I love the use of Thunder Wave ferrothorn here; it's an offensive team that uses many slower pokemon, meaning that the paralysis support is really nice.

rckstr

Leftovers
252hp, 252 Atk, 4 Spd, Adamant
bulk up
sub
sucker punch
drain punch

New Toxicroak I have been using to great success

JustifiedTerrakion

Terrakion rage!
Tornadus with a Choice Item and Tailwind is basically suicide and you should try using a Dragonite with Thunder,Hurricane,a reliable STAB move and Roost instead of your Hydreigon.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Tornadus with a Choice Item and Tailwind is basically suicide and you should try using a Dragonite with Thunder,Hurricane,a reliable STAB move and Roost instead of your Hydreigon.

Great team, Rockstar.

Only suggestion on my part is perhaps changing Politoed's set to standard defensive or specs.
Since you run a couple of priority attacks, fast pokemon and have T-wave support, CS might be irrelevant.

rckstr

Thanks.

Yes a few other people have suggested me to change my Politoed to a Specs or defensive variant so I'll give both of them a try.

put fire blast or flame thrower over surf on hydreigon it porvides perfect neutral coverage barring heatran but with focus blast you still hit it supereffective
this is due tot he ability to benifit from the sun and still deals damage in the rain

ferrothorn use elfties and leech seed

toxicroak use black sludge for extra recovery

DarumakkaImposter

@eliteknight

i have a team tht is extremely similar to this(5/6 same pokes with similar sets) lolol.

anyways heres a few nitpicks,

on hydreigon run surf > fire blast to actually benefit off of ur rain.
Benefit from rain. He doesn't have a problem with steels or grass.

----

i have a team tht is extremely similar to this(5/6 same pokes with similar sets) lolol.

anyways heres a few nitpicks,

on hydreigon run surf > fire blast to actually benefit off of ur rain. I also prefer tailwind > dark pulse on my tornadus, as this can be a last ditch effort to attempt to regain momentum. Many people question the use of tailwind on a choiced pokemon, but with prankster u can use tailwind right before the opponent kills u, its pretty much so tornadus can do one last useful thing before it dies.

NOBODY POST ABOUT TORNADUS AND TAILWIND. THE OP HAS DECISED AND PLENTY REASONS HAVE BEEN GIVEN. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SAID WHY IT WORKS AND WHAT IT IS FOR, SO STOP SAYING IT'S STUPID.

Rate: I, as do a lot of others, suggest Specs > Scarf on Politoed. I've used defensive and it is not as good as Specs in my opinion.

365pokemon

Note: If you want to make your team easier to grade, don't put updates in bold, just change it so people can see what your team is right now. Editing the description of the team so that you dont ramble about a conkeldurr that's not on the team anymore would be nice. Oh and sorry, I have just started using the forums again after a long break. How do you get moving sprites? I'm still using the old fashioned ;pokemon #; :D

One big threat is the Sub / Roost / Hurricane / Thunder dragonite. It can set up on your ferrothorn, and once it has a sub up, something on your team is going to die if your opponent plays the dragonite correctly. I would recommend replacing power whip on your ferrothorn for gyro ball, just for dragonite. You might also want to replace hydro pump on your politoed for surf, not only for the extra accuracy, but for the extra pp. With a couple protects and switches, your opponent can get rid of your politoed's hydro pump pp quickly, making it unable to hurt things that it could hurt before, such as a ninetales ;038;.

Last edited:
the reason i say to use flame throwe r or fire balst is it give you perfect neutral coverage and with focus blast it hits everything neutrally