• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Sand Team

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
For some reason, posting images doesn't work...

lol (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
I'm using Band Tyranitar for pure power. 76 EVs are invested into Speed so that Tyranitar outspeeds Politoed and OHKOes weakened variants with Stone Edge. Pursuit can smash Lati@s and other psychic/ghost-types, while Superpower beats steels and is Ttar's strongest option against Keldeo.

I'm soooo ugly (Cobalion) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
OK so why does nobody use this thing??!!
With a great base 108 speed and reliable coverage, Cobalion supports the team by setting up Stealth Rock while destroying Landorus-T, Gliscor, and other unsuspecting threats like Dragonite with Hidden Power Ice. Volt Switch deals a nice chunk of damage to Politoed and can OHKO Gyarados after Stealth Rock Damage. Close Combat is strong even with Cobalion's base 90 attack and can OHKO Heatran and Blissey after SR.

AHAHA (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 228 Spd / 252 Atk / 28 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower
Lando-T's U-turn pairs well with Cobalion's Volt Switch, and is useful for keeping momentum. Other than that, basic EdgeQuake coverage with Superpower to take out Ferrothorn and Heatran.

Crap Land (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
With Sand Rush, Stoutland becomes one of the best revenge killers sand teams could dream of. I'm using an Adamant nature so that Stoutland can hit as hard as possible. Return is basic STAB, Superpower allows it to take out steels, Crunch can kill ghosts and Wild Charge smacks Gyarados and Politoed.

MLP SUCKS!!!!! (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Surf
YOU KNOW WHAT GUYS? KELDEO LOOKS LIKE A MY LITTLE PONY!! Oh well. The other choice scarfer of the team. Hidden Power Ghost is used to 3HKO Jellicent and Latios, while the rest is basic stab.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
I originally had Mamoswine on this team, but I had problems with Terrakion and Jellicent, so I swapped it for Weavile. Weavile is the backup Pursuiter of the team and it can also smash Heatran and Terrakion with its stab low kick. Ice Shard punishes Dragonite, OHKOing it after Stealth Rock damage, as well as pwning other dragons who try to set up. I choose Night Slash over Ice Punch to destroy Jellicent, Gengar and some Psychic-types. Weavile also synergizes well with Keldeo and Landorus-T.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Standard rain smashes this team with Hydro Spam, so I'd suggest Specially Defensive Celebi over Weavile since you already have a Pursuit trapper in TTar, and Celebi can handle Thundy-T well, while retaining its ability to beat Breloom. Perish Song / Recover / Psychic / HP Ice, U-turn, Baton Pass for moves. I'd also change TTar's set to the Specially Defensive one so Ferrothorn can't spam Leech Seed and Protect against you since you have no many choiced pokes, and Cobalion can't OHKO, and with seed + protect I don't think it even 2HKO's. I'd also recommend HP Ice over Superpower on Landorus-T to beat other Lando-T's and RP Lando's without a boost. Now, since you'll have rocks on TTar, it opens up a spot on Cobalion for Toxic, which will help in your struggle against Jellicent. Gl with the team!

Vampaze

I'd go with Contrail!
Rain teams will definitely destroy your team. Try use some strategy moves (Not all "Hit hard" kinda moves).

Klaus™

Banned
I'd go with Contrail!
Rain teams will definitely destroy your team. Try use some strategy moves (Not all "Hit hard" kinda moves).

That's one of the worst rates ive ever seen....

you have problems with:

- Spikes / Sr offensive teams
- RP Landorus
- Keldeo
- Rain teams in general
- Losing momentum
- Scizor/Rotom-w cores
- Agility Thunderus

First off, get rid of cobalion for celebi. the standard SpD celebi will help you out immensely. It helps with Keldeo, for one, rain teams, and RP landorus. Cobalion adds like, nothing, except rocks. which is something that Landorus-t Pivot Set can do so much better. Use that over scarf landorus.

Next, i would try out Sand Rush Sandslash with rapid spin. With a Swords dance boost under its belt, and a sand rush boost, it beats and outspeeds most spin-blockers. sableye needs being watched out for though. I've also always felt it as a better sand rush user than stoutland to begin with, who frankly, sucks, imo.

I'd also get rid of weavile. Try using Sub Calm Mind Latias in its place. With keldeo and landorus, you easily get rid of steel-types that can take a dragon pulse. you also get rid of blissey fairly well. Latias can easily set up a CM boost or two and sweep the entire opponent's team with dragon pulse. it also beats jellicent and terrakion easily, two threats you mentioned. if terrakion isnt scarved, lando-t can also take care of him.

Latias @Leftovers
- Levitate -
Timid
252 hp/ 4 SpA/ 252 speed
- Substitute
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse

TL;DR

- Scarf Landorus-t--->Offensive Pivot Landorus-t
- Cobalion--->SpD Celebi
- Stoutland--->Sandslash
- Weavile--->CM Latias

Vampaze

That's one of the worst rates ive ever seen....

you have problems with:

- Spikes / Sr offensive teams
- RP Landorus
- Keldeo
- Rain teams in general
- Losing momentum
- Scizor/Rotom-w cores
- Agility Thunderus

First off, get rid of cobalion for celebi. the standard SpD celebi will help you out immensely. It helps with Keldeo, for one, rain teams, and RP landorus. Cobalion adds like, nothing, except rocks. which is something that Landorus-t Pivot Set can do so much better. Use that over scarf landorus.

Next, i would try out Sand Rush Sandslash with rapid spin. With a Swords dance boost under its belt, and a sand rush boost, it beats and outspeeds most spin-blockers. sableye needs being watched out for though. I've also always felt it as a better sand rush user than stoutland to begin with, who frankly, sucks, imo.

I'd also get rid of weavile. Try using Sub Calm Mind Latias in its place. With keldeo and landorus, you easily get rid of steel-types that can take a dragon pulse. you also get rid of blissey fairly well. Latias can easily set up a CM boost or two and sweep the entire opponent's team with dragon pulse. it also beats jellicent and terrakion easily, two threats you mentioned. if terrakion isnt scarved, lando-t can also take care of him.

Latias @Leftovers
- Levitate -
Timid
252 hp/ 4 SpA/ 252 speed
- Substitute
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse

TL;DR

- Scarf Landorus-t--->Offensive Pivot Landorus-t
- Cobalion--->SpD Celebi
- Stoutland--->Sandslash
- Weavile--->CM Latias

Sorry, it was really early in the morning. I'll rate him properly soon. I'm tired right now. :(