• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU stall without Blissey (WTF?!)

Ontop

Hello everyone and welcome to my most recent RMT. This time i decided to try out my luck on Stall, but really it isn't going very well. So far i've only reached a CRE of around 1380 (lol).

So the point of this team is a bit different than from many other stall teams. Here i try to get my pokemons surviving as long as possible, because through all parts of the game i wanna wall whatever that comes up, without thinking "Oh why did that guy die?!." Now let me present for you some stats of this team:

~*~ No pokemon are weak to SR ~*~
~*~ Resistans to every type ~*~
~*~ All 3 entry hazard ~*~
~*~ 3 Pokemons have healing moves ~*~

Spr_b_g4_450_m.png

Leftovers
Impish nature
EV:|252HP|168Def|88SpDf|

Stealth rock
Slack off
Earthquake
Roar

Description
Hippowdon have been this teams lead ever since the beggining and it has never failed on it's job. Usually i can scout atleast 3 members of he's team which is great as this team (and other stall teams) rely on knowing you'r opponent. I have done some calcs on how much the most common OU lead(Azelf) does to me.

Fire blast 40% - 47.1%
Explosion 71.2% - 83.8%
Psychic 40% - 47.1%

As you see he can't OHKO me with any of he's moves meaning i am 100% sure to set up Stealth rock (unless he crits with Explosion). This EV spread were copied directly from Smogon because i really couldn't come up with a better one myself. When i made this lead i knew i wanted Slack off|Stealth rock|Roar, but when it came to a attacking move, there were a blistering fight between Ice fang and Earthquake. I knew Flying types and Levitaters would wall me if i went with Earthquake, but it has STAB and good coverage on those few pokemons who stay on the ground. Unfortunatly both Azelf and Aerodactyl resist it. But who cares i can just Roar em out'.

Spr_4p_479O.png

Light clay
Bold nature
EV:|252HP|132Def|120SpDf|

Light screen
Reflect
Will-o-wisp
Thunder bolt

Description
*My thoughts* "I need dual screens! Latias! So at first this were a Latias. All it did were dying and dying without doing any real job. So at the same time i needed to switch out Latias for another dual screener i needed a Spin blocker. Rotom-H! But why Rotom-H and not any other Rotom form? Well as this comes out early game, when they've maybe only seen the Hippowdon, they don't know that this is stall. So they'll think this is a scarf variant and switch to Tyranitar or Scizor as i A. Sets up Reflect that pwns both of em' or B. Will-o-wisps that cripples both of them.

This EV spread is pretty simple, maximize physicall bulk! Not even OU heaviest attackers like CBScizor, DDMence, DDGyara or SDLuke can come through this. So why are Dual screens that important for this team? Well it let's Forretress set up much easier which is on the road to stall!

Spr_1y_134.png

Letfovers
Bold nature
EV:|252HP|252Def|

Wish
Surf
Protect
Roar

Description
The center of the team part 1 is here. This is just standard cleric/Wish a support with a personal twist. I don't really now what CRE this team would have without Veporeon? 1200? This guy makes life easier for Tyranitar and Forretress who can't heal themselvs. (noobs XD) Roar have caught people off-guard numerous times, when they think i have Toxic/Protect. I don't really now what to write. Everything, EVERTHING on this set are just self-explentary. Im ight consider changing Bold to Calm though.

Spr_3r_248.png

Leftovers
Impish nature

Rest
Roar
Crunch
Sleep talk

Description

CurseTtar are born to be good! With Sandstorm boosting he's Special defense and Curse boosting he's defense he can wall very good. Add on this EV spread and raw offensive power and you have a moster. Oh and don't forget he can PHaze to ;D. This set is pure home-made (i think i've never seen it). Curse and Roar were obvious for this set but when it came to the two attacking moves i were not that sure. I made up a list of moves and choosed to with nice synenrgy.
Crunch
Stone edge
Earthquake
Fire punch
Aqua tail
At first i were using Fire punch and Crunch which worked okay but not great. Earthquake and Crunch has pretty good synenrgy and good power so that were the combination i fell for.

This is like the only offensive part of this team, which makes him pretty important as i don't want to be realying on only Phazing. This can can also due to Sand stream kill Rain dance which otherwise can become annoying for this team.

Spr_2s_227.png

Leftovers
Impish nature
EV:|252HP|252Df|

Drill peck
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Description
Finally we have came to the flying airplane! Although i have to make this description rather short due to lack of time. To start of, why Drill peck? Well you remember i said this teams strategy were a bit to survive? Well even though great defenses and Roost, i will get taked down by constant attacking moves + recoil damage. So why are there Spikes on this, isn't Forretress you'r Entry hazards guy? Well yes but sometimes he just don't finish the job for some reason making this a moce switch in to continue the Spikes laying. If there are someone i should remove from the team it will problamy be this, because i don't feel like it's doing that much.

Spr_b_g4_205.png

Leftovers
Impish nature
EV:|252HP|252SpDef|

Gyro ball
Rapid spin
Explosion
Toxic spikes

Description
Okay guys i have to make this Description very short. This is BTW the center of the team part 2. He just sets up Entry hazards all over the place like drugs and then go B00m. Impish nature to get very high defense as Forretress has 140 base def. So take 140 base Def max HP max SpDf, and you can wall OU. When i knew i wanted a set-upper that i could rely on i could problamy have went for the Froslass, but fprretress seemed like a more staple guy in this place. When you are looking on good counters to Forretress you directly see MysticGar(which is kinda dead now), Magnezone and Heatran. The only one of those that really bothers me is Magnezone because of he's frikkin' ability. Although i am not (reapeting) NOT gonna use shed shell. It's just dead weight as people don't use Magnezone that much anyways. Wow the description turned mid-long anyways.

Okay gtg now, hope you enjoyed reading this and taht you feel like rating;D

Last edited:

Demitrius

Banned
Spr_b_g4_450_m.png

Leftovers
Impish nature
EV:|252HP|168Def|88SpDf|

Stealth rock
Slack off
Earthquake
Roar

Description
Hippowdon have been this teams lead ever since the beggining and it has never failed on it's job. Usually i can scout atleast 3 members of he's team which is great as this team (and other stall teams) rely on knowing you'r opponent. I have done some calcs on how much the most common OU lead(Azelf) does to me.

Fire blast 40% - 47.1%
Explosion 71.2% - 83.8%
Psychic 40% - 47.1%

As you see he can't OHKO me with any of he's moves meaning i am 100% sure to set up Stealth rock (unless he crits with Explosion). This EV spread were copied directly from Smogon because i really couldn't come up with a better one myself. When i made this lead i knew i wanted Slack off|Stealth rock|Roar, but when it came to a attacking move, there were a blistering fight between Ice fang and Earthquake. I knew Flying types and Levitaters would wall me if i went with Earthquake, but it has STAB and good coverage on those few pokemons who stay on the ground. Unfortunatly both Azelf and Aerodactyl resist it. But who cares i can just Roar em out'.

I used Hippowdon as a lead on a stall team before, it did great, but it is slow, which is its downfall. You mentioned being 100% sure of setting up rocks, but you never mentioned Azelf and Aero using Taunt. You won't be able to do anything against them if they Taunt you, which, really, they proabably will. In which case you would be practically forced to switch, letting them set up Rocks. And Hippowdon does kinda scream 'Stall'. Perhaps replace with a Gliscor?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Spe | 4 Def

Taunt
UTurn
Earthquake
Roost

Helps beat slower leads and Azelf won't be too much of a problem as you can UTurn and switch in to something that can beat it. 252 Spe to outspeed other Gliscor and such.

Spr_4p_479O.png

Light clay
Bold nature

Light screen
Reflect
Will-o-wisp
Thunder bolt

Description
*My thoughts* "I need dual screens! Latias! So at first this were a Latias. All it did were dying and dying without doing any real job. So at the same time i needed to switch out Latias for another dual screener i needed a Spin blocker. Rotom-H! But why Rotom-H and not any other Rotom form? Well as this comes out early game, when they've maybe only seen the Hippowdon, they don't know that this is stall. So they'll think this is a scarf variant and switch to Tyranitar or Scizor as i A. Sets up Reflect that pwns both of em' or B. Will-o-wisps that cripples both of them.

This EV spread is pretty simple, maximize physicall bulk! Not even OU heaviest attackers like CBScizor, DDMence, DDGyara or SDLuke can come through this. So why are Dual screens that important for this team? Well it let's Forretress set up much easier which is on the road to stall!

Looks fine, I personally prefer ResTalk as your team has no way to absorb status, but if you feel like you need screens, this should be fine.

Spr_1y_134.png

Letfovers
Bold nature

Wish
Surf
HP [Electric]
Roar

Description
The center of the team part 1 is here. This is just standard cleric/Wish a support with a personal twist. I don't really now what CRE this team would have without Veporeon? 1200? This guy makes life easier for Tyranitar and Forretress who can't heal themselvs. (noobs XD) Roar have caught people off-guard numerous times, when they think i have Toxic/Protect. I don't really now what to write. Everything, EVERTHING on this set are just self-explentary. I might consider changing Bold to Calm though.

Never used Vappy before, but the set does look fine, as you said, the set does seem to be self explanetory.

Spr_3r_248.png

Leftovers
Impish nature

Curse
Roar
Crunch
Earthquake

Description

CurseTtar are born to be good! With Sandstorm boosting he's Special defense and Curse boosting he's defense he can wall very good. Add on this EV spread and raw offensive power and you have a moster. Oh and don't forget he can PHaze to ;D. This set is pure home-made (i think i've never seen it). Curse and Roar were obvious for this set but when it came to the two attacking moves i were not that sure. I made up a list of moves and choosed to with nice synenrgy.
Crunch
Stone edge
Earthquake
Fire punch
Aqua tail
At first i were using Fire punch and Crunch which worked okay but not great. Earthquake and Crunch has pretty good synenrgy and good power so that were the combination i fell for.

This is like the only offensive part of this team, which makes him pretty important as i don't want to be realying on only Phazing. This can can also due to Sand stream kill Rain dance which otherwise can become annoying for this team.

CurseTar is a great Poke, but since you are raising Def by Curse, put those Def EVs into Sp.D so you have a great Sp.D stat. Also Payback > Crunch. You'll be lowering your speed, which will make Payback stronger. Also, if T-Tar gets statused, nothing much it can do after a while, perhaps change to the ResTalk variant from Smogon?

Tyranitar @ Lefties
Sand Stream
Careful
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Curse
Payback
Rest
Sleep Talk

You'll get Recovery with Rest, which is something TTar likes. Yes, you have Wish on Vappy, but you'll have to switch T-Tar out or in, which really kinda sucks if you had some Curses in and a turn to use the Rest you never had. You can keep the set you have now if you feel Vappy does enough with Wish and you want the coverage E-Quake provides as well as Phazing.

Spr_2s_227.png

Leftovers
Impish nature
EV:|252HP|252SpDf|

Drill peck
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Description
Finally we have came to the flying airplane! Although i have to make this description rather short due to lack of time. To start of, why Drill peck? Well you remember i said this teams strategy were a bit to survive? Well even though great defenses and Roost, i will get taked down by constant attacking moves + recoil damage. So why are there Spikes on this, isn't Forretress you'r Entry hazards guy? Well yes but sometimes he just don't finish the job for some reason making this a moce switch in to continue the Spikes laying. If there are someone i should remove from the team it will problamy be this, because i don't feel like it's doing that much.

Standard Skarm is standard, though BB has often done better for me personally, but the recoil damage can hurt, but it has such great power being able to 2HKO Gyara and Scizor if Skarm has to go up against them.

Spr_b_g4_205.png

Leftovers
Impish nature

Explosion
Rapid spin
Spikes
Toxic spikes

Description
Okay guys i have to make this Description very short. This is BTW the center of the team part 2. He just sets up Entry hazards all over the place like drugs and then go B00m. Impish nature to get very high defense as Forretress has 140 base def. So take 140 base Def max HP max SpDf, and you can wall OU. When i knew i wanted a set-upper that i could rely on i could problamy have went for the Froslass, but forretress seemed like a more staple guy in this place. When you are looking on good counters to Forretress you directly see MysticGar(which is kinda dead now), Magnezone and Heatran. The only one of those that really bothers me is Magnezone because of he's frikkin' ability. Although i am not (reapeting) NOT gonna use shed shell. It's just dead weight as people don't use Magnezone that much anyways. Wow the description turned mid-long anyways.

Forry has always been meh to me, but it works, nothing much to say for this.

Comment in bold

Ontop

Thanks, Demitrius. I posted this on Smogon where i had a rate that i'll fix my team with soon. And there they also said i should change to Restalk Ttar, so that's what i've done. Hippowdon actually works mega-fine for me so i'm not gonna consider changing lead ;D.

Fuzzles

I'm cuddly :3
All of your 252/252 spreads are missing 6 EVs which equates to one stat point. It isnt much but you may as well use it.

There is no point having Spikes on Forry AND Skarm so give Forry Payback. Its alot more useful on Max SpD Forry since it can actually take hits from Rotom and Gengar reasonably well which like to ****-block your Rapid Spin.

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I think on such a team, you may want rotom to be more offensive to block spinners and give the ds job to someone else. Maybe you should put t-tar as your lead and make hippo a pure phase (stockpilopotamus)!

rkoreadeath

lol your team will get screwed with pokemon that knows taunt.

in competitive battling these days, almost everyone has at least 1 pokemon that knows taunt

rkoreadeath

in competitive battling these days, almost everyone has at least 1 pokemon that knows taunt

oh also i think you should replace skarmory with a shuckle?
with shuckle you can use knock off and rest and sleep talk to annoy your opponents

rkoreadeath

oh also i think you should replace skarmory with a shuckle?
with shuckle you can use knock off and rest and sleep talk to annoy your opponents