• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team - Dunsparced

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
Hey all! With the release of ORAS, I've found myself back in love with this series again and want to try my hand at competitive battling. I've been testing teams for the last week or so on Showdown and this one is the one that has gotten me the most success. I like the chemistry of this team right now, but will take any suggestions for new things. This team is centered around my favorite, Dunsparce, and what it can do in OU.

Dunsparce (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Headbutt
- Rock Slide

My lead. I prefer Dunsparce over Togekiss for the paraflinch set since Dunsparce has less weaknesses over Togekiss, and can take a few Rock Slide from Landorus. I usually Glare first, set up rocks second, then use Headbutt or Rock Slide to paraflinch until I'm either forced to switch or faint. I've taken out many of foes who don't assume much for her, including M-Charizard, M-Slowbro, Talonflame, and Dragonite.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Bulk Up

Standard set for Talonflame IMO, except for the inclusion of U-turn. I found myself not using Roost much at all and decided to include U-turn for a quick switch if found in a pickle.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Power Gem

My special sweeper I use late in the game. If I switch into a water or fairy, I won't mega evolve since an ice or fairy move is predicted, and will after I hit them with Thunderbolt. Others, I just start sweeping thanks to her huge special attack. Focus Blast will take care of steel types like Ferrothorn and Power Gem with fire types like Charizard.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Yawn
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice

Substitute for some safety, then yawn those I need to force switch. I can baton pass my substitute to someone like M-Ampharos if needed. Hyper Voice hits most everything hard and is obviously the main advantage for Sylveon over Clefable.

Starmie @ Air Balloon
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My rapid spin user, since Talonflame hates rocks. Try to have good coverage with the other three attacks though. Starmie I feel needs the most work on my team however.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 4 SpA / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

My annoyance. Can switch into just about any physical team without much damage, and can heal up between pain split, protect, and leftovers. M-Charizard hates him. Will-O-Wisp for the burn and Shadow Ball so I'm not completely screwed over by Taunt. Pardon the awful EV spread, couldn't decide between Def or SpD to invest much in.

Thanks for any help everyone :)