• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team (Each Gen Represented)

MK936

Hey all, I recently decided to try my hand at competitive battling and since this is Gen 6 I wanted to try and include one Pokémon from each generation in this team.

The Team

charizard-megay.gif

Charizard @ CharizarditeY
Timid / Blaze -> Drought
Fire Blast / Solar Beam / Focus Blast / Dragon Pulse
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Charizard Y is an absolute monster. This is your standard Mega Charizard Y set, with a great STAB in Fire Blast and one-turn Solar Beam once Mega Evolved. Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse round out the set for added coverage. I decided on using a Timid nature to help boost Charizard's speed as much as possible. Works very will with the rest of the team due to Galvantula's use of Sticky Web and Latios' ability to remove Stealth Rock which Charizard really doesn't like.

azumarill.gif

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Huge Power
Aqua Jet / Play Rough / Waterfall / Belly Drum
164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe

I love the buff Azumarill got in XY. With its great attack stats and new Fairy-typing, this thing is a powerhouse attacker. I know most standard sets seem to have Superpower in place of Belly Drum but I wanted to experiment a little and try using Belly Drum to boost his attack even higher. Sitrus Berry is there to restore some of Azumarill's HP after using Belly Drum. Still considering replacing Belly Drum with Superpower if that would help out the team more.

latios.gif

Latios @ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Thunderbolt / Defog
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe

Not only is this guy my favorite Gen 3 Pokémon, but he works pretty well on this team as a Defog user. Standard set with Draco Meteor and Psyshock for that STAB and I decided to go with Thunderbolt to help out with any Water or Flying types that may cause any trouble. With the use of Charizard on the team, I wanted to also have Defog on Latios to remove any Stealth Rock that shows up so Charizard would have any easier time sweeping.

lucario.gif

Lucario @ Assault Vest
Adamant / Inner Focus
Earthquake / Iron Tail / Brick Break / Ice Punch
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Lucario was that last addition to the team. Looking at the team, I had a pretty significant Electric weakness as well as nothing strong against Fairy so I have Earthquake and Iron Tail. Brick Break and Ice Punch round out the moveset. Due to the numerous Special Attackers on the team, I wanted to try and keep Lucario a physical attacker. Still a little undecided on this one so I am open to suggestions on a replacement or way to better utilize Lucario on this team.

galvantula.gif

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid / Compoundeyes
Thunder / Sticky Web / Bug Buzz / Energy Ball
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

My lead Pokemon, I figured Galvantula would be a good fit on this team due to Sticky Web helping out Charizard as well as the rest of the team attempt to outspeed our opponents. With it's ability, Thunder is way more accurate than normal giving Galvantula a pretty awesome STAB attack. Open to suggestions on the last move slot, just had Energy Ball there to add a little more coverage options.

greninja.gif

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid / Protean
Spikes / Surf / Ice Beam / Dark Pulse
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

I decided on Greninja as the Gen 6 representative on this team due to his ability to lay Spikes, as well as his awesome Protean ability effectively giving him a STAB Surf, Ice Beam, and Dark Pulse. I was toying with the idea of replacing Surf with Toxic Spikes to add another possible hazard for any opponents but wasn't sure if that was necessary due to already having Spikes.

PikaPalace

Random Master
Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty / Protean
U-Turn / Surf / Ice Beam / Dark Pulse
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spikes is more of a gimmick on Greninja its minimal bulk doesn't make it a viable spike user especially in the Gen 6 OU metagame,
so I recommend a change in nature to hasty as it's still + speed nature and doesn't take away the power of a U-turn which is a must
have on any Greninja.

Lucario @ Lum Berry/Sash
Adamant / Inner Focus
Swords Dance / Extremespeed or Bullet Punch / Close Combat / Ice Punch or Crunch
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

I used to run Lucario a lot in Gen 5, and assault vest isn't a great option due to your inability to use Lucario
to its full potential as a set up sweeper, and its bulk doesn't help with assault vest and much more than more
a physical move will take you out such as EQ or Close Combat. Anyway the changes I have made are what I think
are the most useful, crunch maybe not used as much due to the fairy typing and maybe you would want bullet punch
over extremespeed but its all up to your personal preference but SD is a must!!!!

Latios @ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
Dragon Pulse / Psyshock / Thunderbolt / Defog
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe

I don't like this personally but I would make these changes at least, firstly I think Latias would be
a more viable option due to its bulk and Draco Meteor on a non Scarfed/Specs Latios is preventing
its long jeopardy. If you really want a defog user which does a better job use Latias….

MK936

Okay, awesome. I've made the above changes to Greninja and Latios and breeding is pending on getting those changes on Lucario. I've actually had some pretty good success with the team as it is now on WiFi battles. I'm also wondering if perhaps there was a better option for Gen 4 and Gen 6 reps. I think I'm pretty set on hanging onto Galvantula, Azumarill, Latios, and Charizard so I just wanted to check and see if anyone had suggestions on possible alternatives for this team.