• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team In Need Of Much Improvement

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Well, I believe this is my 3rd RMT and this one is definitely the worst team of them. Anyways, here's my team at a glance:
NOTE: KingTorterraXIV helped me build this team
227.gif
560.gif
593.gif
598.gif
645.gif
381.gif

227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Physical wall. pHazer. That's what Skarmory is. It can set up spikes, take hits for days, get rid of setty-uppy stuff with Whirlwind, then Roost to heal and Brave Bird to hit stuff.

560.gif

The OG (Scrafty) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Crunch

I love this thing. It can take a Hydro Pump from a Modest Rotom in Rain and only take 59%, then hit it with a
Drain Punch for okay damage, after a few Bulk Ups, those Drain Punches are reliable healing. Crunch for STAB, Bulk Up for, well, Bulking Up. Ice Punch hits dragons, Gliscors, Landos, you name it. I run Shed Skin over Moxie because I hate Burns and Poison and such.

593.gif

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
This thing saps up all those Fire and Bug attacks Volcarona likes to dish out. Scald and Ice Beam are offensive (And Scald has a nice chance of burning) Recover Heals me and Toxic poisons Volcarona and whatever else I don't like.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave/ Protect

Ferro essentially counters all of Latios's weaknesses as well as setting up rocks to hurt Volcarona. Leech Seed is there to make Ferro stally as hell, T-Wave can cripple stuff, but Protect help me heal and damage them. Power Whip hits Gastrodon.

645.gif

NotGenie (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf'd Lando. Such a beast, EQ is a massively painful STAB move, Stone Edge is there to hit Flying types I s'pose, U-Turn because it's a generally good move. HP Ice hits Gliscors and other Landos.

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

I really wanted to use Calm Mind Latios, so here it is. It hits insanely hard after a Calm Mind. I run Psyshock, Dragon Pulse and Surf rather than Recover somewhere in there because I'm sure I won't be taking hits long enough to need to recover. Definitely a good sweeper if I can get it set up while Dual Screens are up.

Anyways, please help me with this team as it needs lots of help.

Record with this Team: Wins- 13 | Losses-10| Draws-0

Prior Members-
437.gif

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

251.gif

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Recover

Last edited:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Your team is hit pretty hard by Volcarona at first glance. A large fire weakness and a less, but still present, weakness to bug. If Volcarona comes out on Bronzong, it can set up a Quiver Dance freely or just KO you with a Fire Blast and more or less sweep your team save for Scrafty (who still won't like boosted Bug Buzz or Fire attacks) and Landorus (who won't like some that do carry HP Ice to handle Dragons). I'd honestly consider opting out Bronzong for something like Jellicent in this situation. Resistant to both of Volcarona's STABs and able to hit back hard and heal off damage Volcarona sends out. Or, Azumarill is known to be able to OHKO Volcarona with Aqua Jet with the right factors.

An added issue is Celebi and Latios' shared Psychic type. Psychic types just aren't like they were in Gen I. It's too easy to exploit a weakness to Ghost, Dark and Bug. Latios serves a pretty good role to your team. I'd consider opting out out Celebi. Opting in Ferrothorn (I know this is cliche... I'm not a huge ferrothorn fan) takes away all the shared problems Celebi has with Latios (weakness to Bug, Dark, Ghost and Ice). It's important to keep something of a grass type with the overpopular pressence of Gastrodon in OU, but Celebi just has too many exploitable weak spots for typing. Add to the fact that the OU metagame has gain a lot of heavy hitters and you can't afford large holes. Ferrothorn still has issues with Fire types (handled by the suggested water type, Landorus and Latios to a lesser extent) and fighting types (resisted by Landorus and hit hard by Latios and relatively well by Skarmory).

Also, I'm not usually a fan of Bulk Up Scrafty. It's one flaw in an offensive role is speed. Dragon Dance (to me) is a better remedy if your willing to breed for it. All in all, a fighting type with a fighting weakness (Dark type Secondary) in a metagame ruled by fighting types... you need to be certain that ALL fighting types are handled before Scrafty makes it's debut.

Believe me, it hurts to squash any level of individuality, but OU is very cut throat. If you aren't careful for very common threats like I've mentioned, your team can be easy set up fodder for the tiers most dangerous sweepers.

Last edited:

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Your team is hit pretty hard by Volcarona at first glance. A large fire weakness and a less, but still present, weakness to bug. If Volcarona comes out on Bronzong, it can set up a Quiver Dance freely or just KO you with a Fire Blast and more or less sweep your team save for Scrafty (who still won't like boosted Bug Buzz or Fire attacks) and Landorus (who won't like some that do carry HP Ice to handle Dragons). I'd honestly consider opting out Bronzong for something like Jellicent in this situation. Resistant to both of Volcarona's STABs and able to hit back hard and heal off damage Volcarona sends out. Or, Azumarill is known to be able to OHKO Volcarona with Aqua Jet with the right factors.

An added issue is Celebi and Latios' shared Psychic type. Psychic types just aren't like they were in Gen I. It's too easy to exploit a weakness to Ghost, Dark and Bug. Latios serves a pretty good role to your team. I'd consider opting out out Celebi. Opting in Ferrothorn (I know this is cliche... I'm not a huge ferrothorn fan) takes away all the shared problems Celebi has with Latios (weakness to Bug, Dark, Ghost and Ice). It's important to keep something of a grass type with the overpopular pressence of Gastrodon in OU, but Celebi just has too many exploitable weak spots for typing. Add to the fact that the OU metagame has gain a lot of heavy hitters and you can't afford large holes. Ferrothorn still has issues with Fire types (handled by the suggested water type, Landorus and Latios to a lesser extent) and fighting types (resisted by Landorus and hit hard by Latios and relatively well by Skarmory).

Also, I'm not usually a fan of Bulk Up Scrafty. It's one flaw in an offensive role is speed. Dragon Dance (to me) is a better remedy if your willing to breed for it. All in all, a fighting type with a fighting weakness (Dark type Secondary) in a metagame ruled by fighting types... you need to be certain that ALL fighting types are handled before Scrafty makes it's debut.

Believe me, it hurts to squash any level of individuality, but OU is very cut throat. If you aren't careful for very common threats like I've mentioned, your team can be easy set up fodder for the tiers most dangerous sweepers.

o.o Thank you. I'll swap Celebi and Bronzong for the pokes you suggested.

Generic User Name

It's an all around good team, but you should defineately take SilentOmen's advice. Also, it wouldn't hurt to add more in-depth descriptions.