• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU TEAM- please rate! (first EV'd team)

g_raham

10-5 on ShoddyBattles Ladder with this team.

ALL EDITS TO MY TEAM ARE MADE IN BOLD

;407;
Roserade @Focus Sash Lead
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power: ?

Lead Roserade to put other lead to sleep and set up toxic spikes. Pretty self-explanitory.

;121;
Starmie @Life Orb/Expert Belt Special Sweeper
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 hp
- Ice Beam
- Hyrdo Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover/Psychic

Special sweeper Starmie, pretty generic Starmie. I chose hydro pump over surf just because I like the damage. The only thing I was still in debate over was to use life orb/recover Starmie, or roll with expert belt/psychic?

;212;
Scizor @Leftovers IPhysical Bulky Sweeper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 attack, 184 hp, 74 speed
IVs: 31 attack, 29 speed
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit/Brick Break

Bulky, physical sweeper. Originally I had a super-speedy Scizor for quick U Turns, but I decided to switch to this Scizor and boost its' atk/spd with SD. You know the drill.

;291;
Ninjask @Leftovers Baton Passer
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 attack, 176 hp, 80 speed
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace/Bug Bite/Substitute
- Protect/?

This Ninjask is set up to prepare for my Marowak, but I had a few problems creating this guy. I can not decide on the moveset, as if I make it substitute with protect, I am sacrificing having an offensive move. Please help.

;105;
Marowak @Thickbone Physical Tank v2
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 attack, 252 hp, 4 special defense
- Bonemerang/Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Double Edge
- Fire Punch

Originally I had planned a Rampardos, but I've decided to give Marowak a shot. Bonemerang is used over EQ to get rid of substitutes. Stone Edge is obvious for quake/edge Marowak. Double Edge is a strong attack, and with Rock Head, Marowak takes no recoil. Fire Punch is for stee, bug, grass, etc..

;062;
Poliwrath @Leftovers Bulky Sweep...?
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 hp, 252 attack, 4 defense
- Hypnosis
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Return/Substitute

Just meant to take a bunch of hits, and to deal out massive attack with STAB Focus Punch. Waterfall also deals out massive STAB damage. I honestly prefer my luck with hypnosis over substitute. And I know Poliwrath is UU, but I believe it would be good in the OU tier.

--So that is my team. PLEASE comment with your criticism, even if you say almost nothing. I feel like I am missing too much for this team, and I want as much help as I can get! Thank you!

Last edited:

Quadros

The Janitor
Using Starmie and Poliwrath on the same team opens you up to a lot of common weaknesses. In particular, you have 3 electric weaknesses.

You don't have a special sweeper, so you could use starmie for that or switch one of your waters for a special sweeper like infernape or Gengar.

Give your ninjask substitute to better stall and for synergy with baton pass.

I would use marowak over rampardos personally, because if a thunderbolt is aimed at ninjask it can baton pass and give marowak a free switch into it.

Replace return on Poliwrath with substitute for a sleeping sub puncher, just like standard breloom. Or you could just use breloom.

g_raham

Thanks a bunch. I never thought of the baton-passing into an electrical attack with Marowak, so you're right, that probably would be best to do. It's just hard to not use my Rampardos when I see its' 471 attack stat.

And for Ninjask, what move should I get rid of to add substitute?

And thanks, I'll look into making Starmie a special sweeper. Any suggestions?

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
roserade does celebi's job better, but differently

roserade@focus sash
=timid=
~natural cure~
252spd/252sp.atk/6hp
-sleep powder
-toxic spikes
-HPice/HPfighting
-leafstorm
sleep powder+good speed=easy setup
toxic spikes ensures that sweepers have cant stay out too long
HP ice for flying types, HPfighting for steels
leafstorm leaves a massive dent in any lead

g_raham

So you think that having Toxic Spikes is better than Stealth Rock? Also, do you have any comments on the rest of my team.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm debating to do it.

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
Rampardos isn't a 'tank', especially banded.

Free bump.

g_raham

Thanks for the comment. Actually, as you posted that, I had been editing my team for the Marowak instead. If you would please take the time, I'd love it if you go through my revised team and comment on it all!

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
i'm not saying TS is better, but it gets the job done effectively as well
and sure,

on ninjask, go with

ninjask@liechi berry
=jolly=
~speed boost~
252atk/252spd/6hp
-protect
-substitute
-swords dance
-baton pass
better to take that MAX speed and put it to good use, there's no need for HP anyways
sub till you activate liechi or get in one SD

energyball > psychic/recover on starmie, REPEAT, DO NOT TANK WITH STARMIE
but you can take care of common tanks like swampert

i'd change poliwrath for heatran seeing that you have 3/6 fire weakness

heatran@choice scarf
=flash fire=
~naive~
252sp.atk/252spd/6hp
-flamethrower
-earth power
-HP grass
-explosion
self-explanitory, MAX speed to ensure a hit, and switch in while someone's going to fire your scizor. sweep. repeat.

g_raham

Thanks a bunch! I switched my Starmie to a sweeping style, and I edited the Ninjask for maximum speed. But I have decided to keep on leftovers, as it allows me to get off an extra substitute, and potentially could lead to a SD for attack boost, before baton passing.