• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team Rate; Suggestions and Tips?

destiny-rko

Rated 'R' Superstar
At A Glance

;142;
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

With Aerodactyl's speed, set up Stealth Rock as quick as I can and Taunt can be used to disable support leads. Ice Fang may seem a bit odd but it has the type coverage I need.

;121;
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Recover
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Classic BoltBeam Starmie with all-around good coverage and Recover allows Starmie to stay in longer than it should.

;212;
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
X-Scissor

Can't go wrong with Scizor. Swords Dance on a switch or resisted move and Bullet Punch from there. Life Orb only makes things more fun.

;376;
Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Explosion

A general nuisance to deal with, Metagross' high Attack stat will come in handy. STAB'd Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt with Choice Band will do a number.

;286;
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Substitute
Leech Seed
Spore
Focus Punch

Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute (to be safe) and wallop away with Focus Punch. I'm considering switching out for Focus Punch due to Ghost resistance.

;468;
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 104 Spe
Roost
Nasty Plot
Aura Sphere
Air Slash

Nasty Plot on a switch and then sweep from there. Speed is distributed well-enough to allow Roost and then continue sweeping.

~

All and all, the team looks decent to me but I know there's a few flaws in it that I can't quite put my finger on. I could be completely wrong and this team could be a one-trick-pony but in any instance, critique away.

Last edited:

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
Earthquake would be better on Aero, just so you can fight against Jolteon who has equal speed.

cloudk

hates you.
Switch to a choice band scizor. Everyone carries at least 1 reliable scizor counter these days. You won't have time to attack at all after your set up.

Scizor@Choice band
Adamant
252 att, x spe/x hp/xsdef
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit/Quick Attack

Max attack and add EVs accordingly depending on how fast or bulky you want your scizor to be.

Remove Zen Headbutt from Metagross. It is extremely redundant as psychic does not offer good type coverage and Meteor Mash already takes care of most things. Try Bullet Punch, Pursuit or Thunderpunch in that slot.

Take note that your team cannot do anything to a Sleep-Talk Rotom and Scarf Flygon might also give your team some trouble.

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
@DKzM0mA: I agree I once fought an Aero with Earthquake against my Jolt. Needless to say I lost Jolt. But had it not had EQ I would've had Jolt for the remainder of the battle. So I second the motion of EQ. Plus Ice Fang is'nt helping him much. But that is only if you keep him.

@Mai Shiroi: I also agree that Azelf would better for this team. Everyone knows what to expect from a Lead Aero. But you never what to expect from Azelf it could be a sweeper, staller or SRer. The fear factor aids you here as the opponent spends their first turn trying to get off SR instead of attacking or taunting because they believe they've got two turns to keep him as Azelf can easily 2HKO any Aero.

Now about the fact that 3 of your pokemon are weak to fire.... I say replace someone maybe Metagross with Heatran. Yes he still has a ground weakness of 4x but Heatran is meant to revenge kill/die afterwards.

You can keep Breloom as it seems to be very useful. Its only flaw is that it is weak to fire, which is made up for with Heatran. If you're willing to switch him out when an opponent sends out a possibe fire-user. Though I notice that if you get the Sub up you might be able to use Focus Punch to deal some damage before switching out the counter.

Togekiss is nice. Its always good to see someone use it. I have a couple of problems with it though. All that HP is'nt needed on NPKiss. Switch around those HP and SpA EVs and you'll be fine. As for its speed why are you missing 24 EVs? Put them on Spe. His speed is nice the way it is but would'nt it be better with 6 more points? :D

If you like keeping your versatility then keep Scizor as is, if not use the CB set cloudk suggested.

Well.... I can't really say much else about the team right now but here is an Azelf that works pretty well:

Azelf@Leftovers
Levitate
Timid
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
~Stealth Rock
~Thunderbolt
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
Explanation:
This is a variation of an Azelf I myself have used to great success. You see this set is designed to rely on the fear factor that prevents foes from attacking a pokemon that they know they can't kill in one hit or even survive one hit themselves. After you've used you own SR you can use T-Bolt/Flamthrower to deal some damage, before moving on. Preferably you switch out right after having used SR to keep a counter from coming in and killing the fairy-like pokemon. Eventually you bring him back in and with his two moves he proceeds to sweep. Now if you don't want to lose his STAB Psychic, then use it instead of Flamethrower but never instead of Thunderbolt. Since hes an SRer/Semi sweeper. You don't have taunt on this set. If somehow someone decided to use taunt on you then you have two moves with which to defeat them. (This works best with Wish-support btw.)
Moves:
Flamethrower to deal with Steels. Thunderbolt to deal with Bulky waters and flyers. It also deals with Empoleon should you come across it. Nasty Plot is increase Azelf's effectiveness.
Item:​
Leftovers is to five him a slightly longer run, when wish-support is unavailable. If you have wish-support then you can use something else like Life Orb or Expert Belt, whatever floats your boat.
EVs:​
The EVs are pretty standard though just max out Speed and SpA.

Two last things give starmie Rapid Spin. Surf is uneeded on the Bolt-Beam set.
I'll give you a suitable Heatran set later if you'd like to use it instead of Metagross.
Hope this helps you. :)

you need to balance out your weakness'

Zapdos can hit your entire team for SE damage, same goes for a MixApe that isnt running nasty plot

perhaps try finding room for gyarados or salamence, you should also consider swampert for a bit of defense

you need to balance out your weakness'

Zapdos can hit your entire team for SE damage, same goes for a MixApe that isnt running nasty plot

perhaps try finding room for gyarados or salamence, you should also consider swampert for a bit of defense