• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team with a slight twist. But in need of help.

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Well, as the title suggests, I have this team. It has all the main things a team needs; a solid lead, some bulk, a spinner, and a couple of sweepers. But my team members have common weaknesses and is very special based, so help would be greatly appreciated. Nonetheless, here we go:

uxie.png

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Naive
252 HP/104 Def/152 Speed
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

General idea here is to trick the scarf onto bulky leads such as Swampert or Hippowdon, usually locking them into Stealth Rock, and T-Waving on the switch to cripple 2 members of the opponent's team, set up SR and U-Turn out, and use as death fodder later. If it comes across a fast lead (Aerodactyl, Azelf, Infernape) who wouldn't mind a Scarf I usually T-Wave to cripple it or U-Turn to scout and set up rocks later.

vaporeon.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Abosorb
Calm
252 HP/252 Sp.Def/6 Sp.Atk
-Surf
-Wish
-Yawn
-Heal Bell

I kinda came up with this myself. Vaporeon has a huge HP and decent Sp.Def, so I made it the Special bulk of my team. Surf for STAB, Wish for team healing which is a must have. Yawn for Pseudo-Hazing/scouting team members and Heal Bell to cure status on my team. I'm kinda unsure about this Poke, so any help would be appreciated.

starmie.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
136 HP/156 Def/216 Speed
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Standard Spinner. 'Nuff said. But the member of my team who I'm most unsure about, so help here please.

rotomheat.png

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Levitate
Bold
252 HP/168 Def/88 Speed
-Discharge
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat
-Reflect

Bit more bulk. Discharge over T-Bolt for the 30% ParaHax chance. Shadow Ball to hit Azelf and friends harder. Overheat for the Steel Types it walls so well. Reflect to tone down a Tyranitar or Scizor's Pursuit, and helps the team out.

azelf.png

Azelf @ Life Orb
Levitate
Naive
40 Att/252 Sp.Atk/216 Speed
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Explosion

Barely anyone uses Azelf outside of a lead anymore. I chose this becuase I needed some speed, and Azelf does nicely, outspeeding many common threats like Lucario, Infernape and the dreaded DDMence. Moves are pretty staightforward, Grass Knot over HP Fighting to hit Swampert and still hit Tyranitar hard. Explosion to go down with a bang.

gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Choice Band
Sand Veil
Adamant
40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang
-U-Turn

My own made up set, and causes many surprises. EQ for obvious STAB, Stone Edge for Gyara and the like. Ice Fang obliterates Dragons and U-Turn for when I predict a switch. This gets so many KOs just for the sheer surprise factor, but if anyone can find something better, I will consider it.

So there you have it. I know I have a glaring weakness to Ghost and Dark, so any help there as well would be greatly appreciated. Rate and critique away!

You lack a Steel, so any of the OU Dragons can rip you apart. DDTar, DDGyara and SDLuke also look capable of grabbing a stat-up and sweeping a good portion of your team.

Uxie should be Jolly nature.

Now, to help with your stat-up sweeper weakness, Vaporeon will need a few changes. Change its EV spread to 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD with Impish nature, to help it take physical hits better. Change Heal Bell to Protect (for the auto-heal), and Yawn needs to be changed to Roar. Yawn may phaze a lot, but in this instance you need to force things out, not give a choice to whoever is playing.

Maybe change Surf on Starmie to Hydro Pump, just so you can hit harder with no SpA investment.

You don't need Azelf on this team, since it's just another Dark/Ghost weak. I suggest you change it to Heatran, since that also gives you a Dragon resist to take the Draco Meteors and Outrages flying around in OU. Not to mention it resists Ghost and Dark.

Heatran @Choice Scarf
Flash Fire | Naive | 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spd
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Explosion

Good revenge killer and deals with a few threats you're weak to (mainly SDLuke).

Now, since your team is weak to mainly physical threats, I highly recommend you replace Reflect with Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-h.

Your Gliscor is an interesting one for sure, but I'm not sure it'll be very effective compared to other Choice Banders. CBScizor (yes yes I know) would do you better than CBGliscor methinks. It's also another Dragon, Dark and Ghost resist for you to play with.

Scizor @Choice Band
Technician | Adamant | 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-turn
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

Hopefully this improves things.

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Wow, thanks a bunch! I'll make the edits and test them out.

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
trickscarf Uxie is outclassed by trickscarf jirachi, replacement in order there
starmie should be scarfmie since noone on your team is particularly weak to stealth rock. Scarfmie also beats salamence, gyarados, heatran, etcetcetc.
Vappy wants its standard set :p replace yawn with protect and heal bell to toxic or even roar if you want the phazing.
Put in scizor for reasons already mentioned :p
(half ninjaed otaku)

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
starmie should be scarfmie since noone on your team is particularly weak to stealth rock. Scarfmie also beats salamence, gyarados, heatran, etcetcetc.
Vappy wants its standard set :p replace yawn with protect and heal bell to toxic or even roar if you want the phazing.
Put in scizor for reasons already mentioned :p
(half ninjaed otaku)

If I have a ScarfMie then two thirds of my team will be choiced (going with the above mentions) ._.

And I prefer Uxie becuase it's bulkier than Rachi.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Uxie's nature should be Jolly and I think Vaporeon wants Ice Beam in the final moveslot. If you're going with Starmie especially, since it absorbs status and can switch out to cure it. However, your team atm appears quite weak to a ScarfRotom, so Hydro Pump > Surf to hit it harder on the switch.
Like Otaku said, CB Scizor is a better option as a choice bander because Gliscor lacks enough power (if you're using Gliscor, go Hyper Cutter to prevent Intimidates from Mence and Gyara). However, if you use Scizor, you MUST change Azelf for Scarftran, otherwise you just increase your weakness to ScarfRotom.

Actually this isn't true. Uxie is much bulkier than Jirachi, and only slightly slower. Also ScarfRachi usually is much more offensively inclined than Scarf Uxie. Also Ground immunity is amazing when you're a lead in OU.