• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU Team without a clever name

How's my team?

• Amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Meh

• Bad

• YOU STINK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotQuiteSane42

Professional Cynic
Hi. I'm looking for ratings and suggestions on my PO team (too lazy to make a real one :D). This team has done pretty well in the short time I've used it, but I'm open to any and all suggestions if you think it will improve it. Fire away! (Note: if I have more than one move listed in a slot, the first one is the one I've been using)

The Lead
Froslass@Focus Sash
Cursed Body
252 SAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Spikes
-Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
In all honesty, this is a pretty standard Froslass set. I know dedicated leads are rare this gen, but call me old-fashioned, I guess. Froslass has a simple role, and that's to lay down spikes and taunt opponents. Shadow Ball is a nice STAB move so I'm not taunt bait, though I may switch to Ice Beam. Destiny Bond is for when there's nothing left to do but die.

The status-laying setter-upper

Breloom@Leftovers
Technician
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Spore
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed
-Swords Dance

Put things to sleep, boost attack to horrifying levels, sweep with mach punch. The only real unique thing about this guy is that I have Swords Dance instead of Bulk Up, which I've gathered is the norm. First, more people expect Bulk Up, so getting +2 on one turn instead of +1 like they may expect could possibly turn a prediction to my favor. Second, Breloom's most prominent weaknesses (Ice and Fire) are special anyway, so the boost really doesn't matter that much to me. Point is, Dance works. I usually use this guy late-game when a lot of stuff is weakened to make up for the sub-average type coverage on this set.

The Great Wall of Egypt
Cofagrigius@Leftovers
Mummy
252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Disable/Block/Embargo/Protect/Calm Mind
-Rest/Pain Split
I think Cofag is a little underrated, having Defense and Special Defense both in excess of Skarmory. We have Shadow Ball so I'm not Taunt bait, Will-o-Wisp is obligatory status. The third slot is causing me some distress. Disable is what I've been using, but I'm looking to change that because Cofag is too slow to really use it well. Block could trap opponents and keep their ability mummy, could prove useful for taking down such things as Scizor and Jirachi. Also good for keeping such things as Blissey from Natural Curing away a burn. Embargo is a rare move, but the idea seems cool. It might have potential, though I'm not sure where yet. Could disable leftovers and really let burn damage take over, I suppose. Protect could stall for Lefties and burn, and Calm Mind could turn it into something of a tank. I'm currently running rest, open to Pain Split as well. Not super sure about the EV's, open to suggestions on that front.

The Laserbeam
Jolteon@Choice Specs
252 SAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Volt Switch
-HP Ice
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
"Laserbeam" fits Jolteon in every sense of the word. Fast and strong. I think specs Jolteon deserves a lot more love than it gets. This thing hits like a truck. A super-sonic truck. Volt Switch is for scouting, HP Ice is for coverage and makeshift bolt-beam coverage, Shadow Ball is good filler that gets me some extra coverage, and Thunderbolt is for late-game when I want to stay in. Pretty simple, but not everything needs to be complicated to tear holes in stuff.

The Duck

Porygon2@Eviolite
Trace
252 HP/252 SDef/4 Def
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Discharge
-Toxic
This thing is my favorite wall; I absolutely love it. 634 SDef with Eviolite. That's a lot. Even with almost no investment, we also have 434 Def. So you see why I like this guy. Recover is Recover, and Toxic is the passive damage. Ice Beam and Discharge are bolt-beam, and the reason why I have Discharge instead of TBolt is for parahax, should it prove necessary. I could probably change it over without losing much, but I like it. What do you think?

The Setup Sweeper
Gyarados@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Intimidate
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
This thing is beastly if it sets up. After 1 dance, it's a really good attacker. After 2 dances, it is challenging to outrun and nigh-impossible to wall. Waterfall is STAB, Earthquake and Ice Fang are good coverage. Between all these, not much can wall it. I've had Leftovers thus far, but I'm considering changing to Lum Berry to make setups easier. Totally open to suggestions here. Intimidate over Moxie because it's nice for softening the foe up and making setup easier.

So there's my team! I'm open to all suggestions you have; I don't bite.