• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(OU/UU) Great and Innovative things you've seen on the ladder

Reisuke

Apparently i died
I once saw a tyranitar set with curse, Stone edge, payback, And I think it was Ice Punch, with a zoom lens. I thought this was a nice startegy and I believe the EV's were more defensively oriented. So Take a hit, use curse, take another hit, use payback, and You win.

The problem with this is that tyranitar isn't going to survive another hit zfterwards

ger9119

I once saw a tyranitar set with curse, Stone edge, payback, And I think it was Ice Punch, with a zoom lens. I thought this was a nice startegy and I believe the EV's were more defensively oriented. So Take a hit, use curse, take another hit, use payback, and You win.

The problem with this is that tyranitar isn't going to survive another hit zfterwards

Not to mention setting up with Curse is pretty obsolete in OU now, I don't know about other tiers.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Curse is actually pretty darn good so long as priority is involved along with bulk. That being said though, it's tough to find a good balance between power and defense, especially in a metagame that has so many powerful Pokémon running unchecked through the tier.

As for sets, here's a really old one I've got sitting around that should still work well in today's meta.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Tyranitarite/Chople Berry
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252 Def, 224 SDef, 32 Spd
Ability: So totally obvious (sand stream)

Dragon Dance
Iron Defense
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Gospel in a nutshell, this guy is a massive tank. After two Dragon Dances, with the given EV's and nature you'll be outspeeding maxed out base 115 Speed Pokémon, to hit them like a tank. Iron Defense doubles your Defense stat to a whopping 700, while your Sand Stream keeps your Special Defense well over 400 while the weather is in effect. Given that he's got 304 attack uninvested, he makes for one heck of a tank regardless of the item you choose to give him. Either way it runs, you'll be able to set up on and sweep nearly anything that lacks a whole bunch of things I'm refusing to list for advertisement purposes.

I've used this set to GREAT effect since early B/W, and I hope you guys enjoy it to its fullest.

Last edited: