1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

(OU/UU) Great and Innovative things you've seen on the ladder

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by ger9119, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Reisuke

Reisuke Apparently i died

The problem with this is that tyranitar isn't going to survive another hit zfterwards

2. ger9119

ger9119 Well-Known Member

Not to mention setting up with Curse is pretty obsolete in OU now, I don't know about other tiers.

3. Cosmic Fury

Cosmic Fury Evil Overlord

Curse is actually pretty darn good so long as priority is involved along with bulk. That being said though, it's tough to find a good balance between power and defense, especially in a metagame that has so many powerful Pokémon running unchecked through the tier.

As for sets, here's a really old one I've got sitting around that should still work well in today's meta.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Tyranitarite/Chople Berry
    Nature: Impish
    EV's: 252 Def, 224 SDef, 32 Spd
    Ability: So totally obvious (sand stream)

Dragon Dance
    Iron Defense
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Gospel in a nutshell, this guy is a massive tank. After two Dragon Dances, with the given EV's and nature you'll be outspeeding maxed out base 115 Speed Pokémon, to hit them like a tank. Iron Defense doubles your Defense stat to a whopping 700, while your Sand Stream keeps your Special Defense well over 400 while the weather is in effect. Given that he's got 304 attack uninvested, he makes for one heck of a tank regardless of the item you choose to give him. Either way it runs, you'll be able to set up on and sweep nearly anything that lacks a whole bunch of things I'm refusing to list for advertisement purposes.

I've used this set to GREAT effect since early B/W, and I hope you guys enjoy it to its fullest.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015