• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU without Shandera.

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
As you guys all know, Pokemon Online decided to ban Shadow Tag Shandera from OU play for a month time to see how it will affect the metagame, and to see if the metagame is more balanced without Shandera or not.

So what do you guys think about a metagame with no Shandera? Discuss.

Without Shandera the number of viable Pokemon in OU has practically doubled. That alone is enough reason to kill it off for good.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
isn't shadow tag shandera illegal? And anyways, it's not like it's unbeatable. People will always come up with counters and ways to beat it eventually, like we did with garchomp. We can see if our opponent has Shandera now, so we can plan accordingly. IMO, it's a waste of time

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
Shadow Tag Shandera isn't available in Wifi, but it can be used in Dream World. In fact, it is the most used pokemon in the metagame, having over 20% of usage. It's ban from Dream World has changed the metagame really much, stuff like Nattoreis and Skarmory don't have to carry a Shed Shell anymore, Scizor got back to its popularity with the Choice Band set cuz it doesn't have to be afraid of being trapped in Superpower and become a set up fodder or just sit there and watch itself being owned by Overheat anymore, etc. In my opinion, Shandera is the pokemon that formed the metagame today we are playing, and it is a really interesting pokemon.

Eaglehawk

Banned
I swear, he won't be missed. He sucked anyways, performing menial tasks such as Choice Scarf and Calm Mind. Plus, SHadow Tag isn't released yet, so it doesn't make very threatening.

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
Seriously, you guys sound like you have never played Dream World before. Shandera was the strongest revenge killer in the metagame, nearly every team in OU has him because of his ability to trap the opponent, turn them into a set up fodder or just simply finish them off with a STAB Overheat. Say, you have a ScarfTar on the field, and it just killed the opponent's Chansey with a Superpower. Now you are locked into Superpower and prepare for a switch-out. But the opponet sends in a Shandera. Now what are you going to do? You can't switch out, and you are locked with Superpower, which can't even hit Shandera. Exactly, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Now you know for sure that that Shandera is gonna fire a Hidden Power Fighting at you, but you can't do nothing other than just click the Superpower button. How does that feel? Frustrating? Well, what if that Shandera doesn't use Hidden Power and use Calm Mind instead? How would you feel now? You start to yell and punch at the computer's screen right? Then how about after getting to +6 SAtk and SDef, Shandera starts to use Minimize? I bet 99.9% of you would immediately hit the "Close Window" button and forfeit that match.

Therefore, I repeat: Shandera is the most dangerous threat in the OU metagame. And after this, anyone who still doesn't believe me, pm me and we shall have a battle at Pokemon Online to see who's right.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Seriously, you guys sound like you have never played Dream World before. Shandera was the strongest revenge killer in the metagame, nearly every team in OU has him because of his ability to trap the opponent, turn them into a set up fodder or just simply finish them off with a STAB Overheat. Say, you have a ScarfTar on the field, and it just killed the opponent's Chansey with a Superpower. Now you are locked into Superpower and prepare for a switch-out. But the opponet sends in a Shandera. Now what are you going to do? You can't switch out, and you are locked with Superpower, which can't even hit Shandera. Exactly, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Now you know for sure that that Shandera is gonna fire a Hidden Power Fighting at you, but you can't do nothing other than just click the Superpower button. How does that feel? Frustrating? Well, what if that Shandera doesn't use Hidden Power and use Calm Mind instead? How would you feel now? You start to yell and punch at the computer's screen right? Then how about after getting to +6 SAtk and SDef, Shandera starts to use Minimize? I bet 99.9% of you would immediately hit the "Close Window" button and forfeit that match.

Therefore, I repeat: Shandera is the most dangerous threat in the OU metagame. And after this, anyone who still doesn't believe me, pm me and we shall have a battle at Pokemon Online to see who's right.
i completely agree with you. with shandera gone way less shed shell will be seen. less usage of some of its real counters... umm yeah more choice banded fighting moves... etc...

windsong

WEST SIDE
I swear, he won't be missed. He sucked anyways, performing menial tasks such as Choice Scarf and Calm Mind. Plus, SHadow Tag isn't released yet, so it doesn't make very threatening.

This is actually deserving of a facepalm picture. It's called Dreamworld, you know? That tier where Dream World abilities like Shadow Tag on Shandera are released? Yeah, that.

Anyways, I'm happy that I'll finally be able to run stall more easily without being overly reliant on toxic spikes to prevent Chansey and friends from getting destroyed, and Lefties on Skarm will be really helpful.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Shandera banned? No, it's not that good. Shadow Tag banned? Yes, please!

PokemonOwn

It did what Wobbufett did fantastically, but it has more freedom. The only thing that could really bash Shanderra, was itself.

It had too much freedom, and I'm glad the PO took it away from that. Nearly every team had Shanderra. Gengar was nearly bumped down to BL because of it.

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I've used him on Pokemon Online. He's strong and useful, but not unfair or unbeatable. He's just as dangerous as Shell Break Cloyster w/ Kings Rock and Butterfly Dance Moth-guy.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Shandera does tend to overcentralise the metagame a little though. However, drizzle severely reduces its uses. So why ban something that is still managable? Imo, I do not agree with a single thing that PO has done. Just play smogon.

calze6 whats with you and PO hate. Its seemingly baseless and extremely aggravating when you insult the work that hundreds of people have done over there, including myself and many "Smogonites" who apparently prefer the way things are done at PO. You seem to hate the new UU tier, but considering the thing is only a few weeks old a fairly large number of bans have already taken place (I think Mew / Deoxys / Latias / Vulpix / Latios so far).

What do you want them to do calze? Listen to you say they suck, and completely give up despite them being about 5 times as active as Smogon's server. Or keep working on hammering out the new tiers, while Smogon focuses almost exclusively on OU. From what I can tell ATM the only differences between Smogon OU and Pokemon Online OU is Smogon just recently banning Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team.

So yeah, if you dislike Pokemon Online I have no problem with you expressing your opinion in a well thought out, reasonable way. However please try to back it up with some kind of reasoning besides "I don't like it so everyone should go to Smogon".

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
Lol someone is mad. Ok chill out Blue Harvest, no need to argue about the tiering system. This is just a game after all.

Shandera does tend to overcentralise the metagame a little though. However, drizzle severely reduces its uses. So why ban something that is still managable?
uh are you even aware of why wobb was banned in dpp?