• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU - Wondering how it could be improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't know how often people check these threads, but it looks kind of like a ghost town around here, but I'll post anyway and maybe someone''s attention will be caught.

anyway I made this OU team kind of on a whim and so far it does really well, but everything can be improved on, probably.

Lopunny
Ability: Limber/Scrappy
Item: Lopunnynite
EVs: 252 atk/252speed/4spdef
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Fake Out
High-Jump Kick
Drain Punch
Ice Punch

The mega slot and allaround physical sweeper that hits ghost and dark types super hard. mega sable eye is annoying with will-o-wisp but the atk stat is so high that it ohkos it with a high jump kick and I can heal the burn with my cleric. the 4evs invested into special defense are to make it slightly better at taking special attacks from opponents that somehow manage to out speed it or that come from bulky walls. Fake out is standard to allow a safe mega evolution. Ice punch is teched in to deal with dragons and ground types along with the occasional breloom. Drain punch helps keep her around, but could probably be swapped out for fire or thunder, or power up punch.

Azumarill
Ability: Huge Power
Item: Assault Vest
EVs: 240hp/252atk/16spdef
Nature: Adament
Moves:
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Knock Off
Waterfall

A pretty standard AV set for this little guy and it usually gives me a free knock off since the belly drum variant is so popular and people usually expect me to go for that so they either switch into something that can outspeed it or resist it. its not super powerful usually takes 2 hits to ko something depending on weakness and resistance and overall defense but I usually get to knock off important items like evioulite and leftovers. stealth rock damage helps out to.

Scizor
Ability: Technician
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 8hp/252atk/248speed
Moves:
Bullet Punch
Knock Off
U-Turn
Super Power

A psudo revenge killer with access to priority bullet punch which gets a boost from both technichian and choice band. the item is for max power and helps to give my u-turn core a bit more umph. Super Power is really just filler since steel types like ferrowthorn are a thorn in my side.

Chansy
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 4hp/252def/252spdef
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Toxic
Heal Bell
Soft Boiled
Seismic Toss

The wall/clerk of the group. provides cures to status and can self heal, is able to toxic stall and is just plain bulky and nearly impossible to kill without having its item knocked off or hitting it with a major boost to atk.

Excadrill
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252hp/4atk/252spdef
Nature: Careful
Moves:
Earth Quake
Iron Head
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin

a fairly bulky stealth rock setter and hazard remover. he generally serves as my lead and can normally set up stealth rocks with ease. if the opponent has no hazards to speak of he serves as a bulky physical attacker.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252atk/4spdef/252speed
Moves:
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Facade

A secondary revenge killer/physical sweeper that provides the second part of the u-turn core. Band is for more power and usually gurantees one hit kos with stab priority brave bird even if it is resisted espeically if the opponent has taken prior damage. Brave bird is the go to move but u-turn works to play mind games and flare blitz is also a good option if i know my opponent lacks priority and I will likely out speed them as talonflame has one of the highest speed stats in the tier if not the highest barring megas and scarfs. Facade is really a filler but more useful than return since if he is hit with paralisis or poison it can make a nasty surprise, especially if chansy isn't around to cure it.

Overall I know that this team is very physically oriented with no special attackers. I had originally considered using slowbro as a bulky special attacker but decided against it in favor of talon flame to help deal with ferrowthorn and other steel types (excluding heatran).

Status
Not open for further replies.