• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OU-Z, A new virus!

TDawg

YES! There is a new virus... not really, but Porygon-Z is awesome. Great intro huh? Anyways I haven't made a team in a while so try to understand if I lack essentials for my team to live in this tier called OU. I have been running this team a little bit through PO and it holds it's own. I do notice a Dragon weakness but don't know what I should throw in there to make it better so help is appreciated (mainly CB Dragonite, but with prediction he goes down pretty easy). Pretty much what happened was this week I have been really bored with standard teams. I have standard pokes in my team, but they're hanging out with a different crowd. I tried to make a effective team yet different. Probably isn't and I have been living in a cave, but oh well.
I have a huge downfall against Wish Stall Rachi, but I don't really know how I should counteract to it. Also if Porygon is dead I don't have much to stop a Gengar Sweep.

At a glance:
474.gif
380.gif
385.gif
073.gif
639.gif
227.gif

OU-Zsynergy-2.png

474.gif

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse
- Trick

The Pokemon I had in mind from the beginning. His place might not be in OU originally, but he is surprisingly good. 2HKOs the bulkiest Tyranitar out there (the common one) [w/ HP Fighting], 2HKOs Latios' [w/ Dark Pulse] and more! lol Tri Attack = POWERFUL STAB, plus the chance to give the foe a status. Trick is there so I can mess with walls, and stall Pokemon. Dark Pulse is for coverage, and so is HP Fighting. With Choice Specs Porygon-Z can easily OHKO those things I mention though and with a boost from Download I can get a late game sweep. Also helps break walls.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtt
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse

I didn't really know how I should have made this Latias so this is what I cam out with. I think I should go for more of a stall version though. Calm Mind to get a not even needed boost as it's pretty bulky, but it always helps. Recover to prolong Lati. TBolt for bulk water because otherwise I have nothing to stop a Milotic sweep. DP for STAB. Should I switch to HP Fire though?

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 24 Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtt)
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head

Wish support is amazing and always helpful to a team that can barely heal itself. Body Slam give me damage and a big chance (thanks to SG) of paralysis. Stealth Rock is a needed hazard for big threats. And Iron Head is a nice STAB and has a chance to flinch the opponent.

073.gif

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 210 Def / 48 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Standard Acrueltent. TS to set up some hazards, Scald for potential burn if TS aren't up and STAB. Protect to stall, and Rapid Spin for spinning away hazards. Too standard but oh well.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Now this is as standard as it gets! Lol, Choice Banded Terrakion hits like a truck so I am not really complaining. CC is super powerful and not much can stand it. SE and EQ create that perfect EdgeQuake coverage and X-Scissor covers his weaknesses.

227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 26 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Last but not least, a standard Skarm. He is my phazer and a good one at that. Walling things like Scizor and Landorus which are hige threats in this metagame today. Spikes for needed hazards, BB for STAB and helps against those gosh damn bugs! Whirlwind for what I stated earlier and roost for recovery.

Last look at the team (and their asses apparently):
474.gif
380.gif
385.gif
073.gif
639.gif
227.gif

Last edited:
Hmm i like this team

porygon-z good im not expert on him
latias: use hp fire due to the better coverage but it is fine the way it is.
Tangrowth: is a good pokemon
tenta: use acid spray over protect as it increases its spa so much and does some damage to grass types
terrakion: good
skarmory: good

TDawg

Hmm i like this team

porygon-z good im not expert on him
latias: use hp fire due to the better coverage but it is fine the way it is.
Tangrowth: is a good pokemon
tenta: use acid spray over protect as it increases its spa so much and does some damage to grass types
terrakion: good
skarmory: good

Thanks elite! Porygon-Z definitely should not be taken lightly.

I will try your suggestion on Tentacruel, thanks for the rate.

Also!, I changed Spikes for Stealth Rock simply because I need rocks for Dnite. Bulk ones get to of me.

Enjyu

Made In China.
Hey were you on po today? I think I played you... And won. Or someone else with porygon z and a tangrowth. idk.

Tangrowth isn't very reliable in my opinion..

Enjyu

Made In China.
Was the name T-Dawg on PO? I can switch on Starmie though, so it's no big deal. Starmie is the least of my worries.

Latios, gengar, starmie, azelf (on my team :)) and pretty much every Pokemon with 110 speed and over kill you. Terrakion doesn't really have the best defenses... Even scarf heatran with earth power.

TDawg

Latios, gengar, starmie, azelf (on my team :)) and pretty much every Pokemon with 110 speed and over kill you. Terrakion doesn't really have the best defenses... Even scarf heatran with earth power.

I don't remember facing a Azelf team (well last night, but I won that match):S, but I see what you're saying. I will try it out, but CB definitely breaks walls my other Pokemon don't.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

If you want to try something else with Tangrowth, you can try this set:
Tangrowth (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Stun Spore
- Knock Off

With the speed, he outspeeds 8 speed Scizor and OHKO's Scizor. This prevents it from U-Turning out and you get to OHKO it. Leaf Storm OHKO's Rotom-W and Stun Spore and Knock off is for Support. His bulk and the offensive moves allow him to counter Volt-Turn pretty well. He also has decent physical bulk to take U-Turns and random Earthquakes pretty well. The thing that sets this apart from Celebi is that it is less expected and can easily stomach U-Turns and Knock Off. You can easily use Leech Seed over either support moves or even Synthesis or some other support move.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
I don't remember facing a Azelf team (well last night, but I won that match):S, but I see what you're saying. I will try it out, but CB definitely breaks walls my other Pokemon don't.

Terrakion has good enough attack. But you don't remember azelf killing your terrakion? I thought I was done, but you weren't scarved.

wereboar

BE AFRAID!
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Stun Spore
- Knock Off

With the speed, he outspeeds 8 speed Scizor and OHKO's Scizor. This prevents it from U-Turning out and you get to OHKO it. Leaf Storm OHKO's Rotom-W and Stun Spore and Knock off is for Support. His bulk and the offensive moves allow him to counter Volt-Turn pretty well. He also has decent physical bulk to take U-Turns and random Earthquakes pretty well. The thing that sets this apart from Celebi is that it is less expected and can easily stomach U-Turns and Knock Off. You can easily use Leech Seed over either support moves or even Synthesis or some other support move.

But, chlorophyll only actives in sun so tangrowth is actually terrible without sun.

TDawg

- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Stun Spore
- Knock Off

Like wereboar said that set really works with the Sun which I don't really want to use a weather as they are played out.

Hm. Well maybe it's coincidence that 2 teams had the same pokemon.

Yeah, I am entirely sure we didn't face, but I do recall any Azelf getting a kill on me.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

But, chlorophyll only actives in sun so tangrowth is actually terrible without sun.

I meant to put Regenerator on it on PO before I posted it here. Sorry. It still outspeeds Scizor and doesn't need the sun to work. Tangrowth is still very bulky and isn't useless without the sun :/
(Sorry for the error on my part)

TDawg

I meant to put Regenerator on it on PO before I posted it here. Sorry. It still outspeeds Scizor and doesn't need the sun to work. Tangrowth is still very bulky and isn't useless without the sun :/
(Sorry for the error on my part)

Oh no problem :p I don't think Tangrowth is useless as long as it gets Regenerator. I will try the set, but I was mainly using him as wall though to go aong with Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes. I might change him to Ferrothorn because I am blind to what was said earlier about how Starmie obliterates my team.