• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Our Cup Runneth Over! (543)

uber gon

Accept Change
It's no surprise at all. May is there-except she's in her Emerald outfit. To all those who are waiting for the next episode, then luckily she will have an Eeveelution. My guess is good as yours!

It's a Glaceon. Anyway, anyone see how Dragon Pulse was portrayed.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Dragon Pulse's execution in the ep remains a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Immediately after Wallace gives the command, Aqua Ring shatters, and then we see Milotic "flying" around. I'm assuming that entire sequence was how Dragon Pulse was portrayed in the ep, which strikes me as extremely bizarre but at least a little different from what most people would probably have expected.

In other news...

Am I the only person who thinks it should've been Dawn and not Jessie pulling a Ruby on Wallace in the ep?

*was disappointed by that, just a little*

As for the following:
Although I'm wondering what Wallace said to Ash that made him want to enter. Was it because he wanted to see what Buizel could do?
i don't speak japanese, but what was Wallace saying to Ash when he was talking about buizel?

[During the Buizel vs. Piplup battle]

Brock: That Buizel was originally captured by Dawn. It loves to battle.
Wallace: Did they trade?
Brock: Yes, with Ash's Aipom, who loves Contests.

*Wallace watches the battle*
*Buizel shoots up into the air with Aqua Jet*

Wallace: That's very good! The water really brings out Buizel!

[After the battle]

Wallace: It seems that Dawn raised Buizel. I've heard it likes battles, but (something here I can't quite decipher about how it manages Contest-style moves). It was quite interesting. Being raised by her, it must have developed some breadth/range (of experience) in battles.

Wallace: How about it? Won't you try entering the Wallace Cup with that Buizel?

Ash: Us? But we get worked up really quickly, and forget about performing.

Dawn: I wanna see too! Buizel, when it was with me, never got to enter a Contest even once. What Wallace said was surely also for Buizel's sake!

Ash: I see... Let's try it this once!

^ That's how it all went down. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I agree with uber gon. Wallace's Milotic looks so large.

(To tipnottippy) I guess you are good in translating a lot of Japanese. Maybe is it me or you are conluding anything about this episode?

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Moi? I'd say there's not a whole lot to conclude from this ep that isn't blatantly obvious, or already spoilered to death by the summaries for the following Contest eps.

dman_dustin

Dragon Pulse's execution in the ep remains a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Immediately after Wallace gives the command, Aqua Ring shatters, and then we see Milotic "flying" around. I'm assuming that entire sequence was how Dragon Pulse was portrayed in the ep, which strikes me as extremely bizarre but at least a little different from what most people would probably have expected.

Yeah I tried telling Uber gon what Dragon pulse looked like but yeah, unless its used as an attack as opposed to a contest move, I don't see how else to describe it..

I love the number of posters in this thread that quite obviously haven't read the previous posts...
Anyway, I liked this episode. Yes, it was a little slow, but it was oh so shiny! The sheer number of water types and their attacks just goes to show that the only contest 'category' that matters from the games is the 'Beauty' category. Lots of shiny stars!
The preview for the next episode/arc looks promising, and I think I'm going to enjoy it very much so.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
This episode was pretty entertaining overall, Seviper imitating Milotic, the reporter and cameraman parts and Jessie going fangirl over Wallace and how she hugged his Milotic made laugh aloud.

Wallace's appeal was one of the best appeal I have seen in this show, if not the best.

I don't see when did Milotic use Dragon Pulse. At first in water, it used safeguard. Then in the air after jumping, it used Aqua Ring. Then it used twister to create a water tornedo. I think thats it.

My only question is that why was may here isn't she in johto? and does ash attend the contest? but still a good episode then havcing it with another person with a ew pokemon yada yada...
Though you are answered, I think May heard about Wallace Cup in sinnoh and somehow she knew Ash is in sinnoh. So she couldn't resist coming here.

Yes, Ash is entering the contest with Buizel.

I wonder, if May heard about Wallace Cup, Drew, Harley and Solidad should have heard about it too, then why are they not here?

dman_dustin

Wallace's appeal was one of the best appeal I have seen in this show, if not the best.

I don't see when did Milotic use Dragon Pulse. At first in water, it used safeguard. Then in the air after jumping, it used Aqua Ring. Then it used twister to create a water tornedo. I think thats it.

Again, it was hard to tell since it wasn't distinctive enough but Dragon Pulse was used when Milotic destroyed the Aqua Rings (or is shattered a better word)

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Maybe Dawn will pull a Ruby on May since she didn't do it to Wallace. They have more in common after all.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Milotic used Safeguard, Aqua Ring, Dragon Pulse, and Twister.

Ya know, I did hear hadou, but I wasn't sure which kind (am I accurate in saying it's ryu?) was being used. I did pick out the other attacks though. This version of Twister was interesting.

So was the Lake's Nurse Joy telling Ash he had a phone call from Snowpoint City or something? And was Snowpoint City's Nurse Joy telling May she found where Ash was?

latios reborn

Alright I don't normally ask this but where do you lot watch it?
I can't find it anywhere all I get is the preview. :(

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Ya know, I did hear hadou, but I wasn't sure which kind (am I accurate in saying it's ryu?) was being used.

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tip_the_incypkmn/Mikurin/mikurisama80.jpg[/img139]
Ryuu no hadou!

And then came the Aqua Ring shattering + flying Milotic sequence.

So was the Lake's Nurse Joy telling Ash he had a phone call from Snowpoint City or something? And was Snowpoint City's Nurse Joy telling May she found where Ash was?

Nurse Joy: Ash, there was just a call for you from the Snowpoint City Pokemon Center.

Ash: Snowpoint City?

Nurse Joy: Over there, Sinnoh's northernmost city.

Snowpoint's Nurse Joy: A call has arrived; it's from Ash of Pallet Town.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tip_the_incypkmn/Mikurin/mikurisama80.jpg[/img139]
Ryuu no hadou!

And then came the Aqua Ring shattering + flying Milotic sequence.
Yes, tipnottippy. Now after I've watched the part again, I'm quite sure it was Ryuu no Hadou. Thanks a lot.

In that case, I have to say the animation of it is just nothing! If shattering a Aqua Ring and floating around people is Dragon Pulse, I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Wait, in the movie Rise of Darkrai, Palkia used a purple Shadow-Ball like attack, and Dialga used a bullet like attack which it shot from its head. I thought one of them was Dragon Pulse, especially Palkia's attack. Can anyone tell me what were they?

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Wait, in the movie Rise of Darkrai, Palkia used a purple Shadow-Ball like attack, and Dialga used a bullet like attack which it shot from its head. I thought one of them was Dragon Pulse, especially Palkia's attack. Can anyone tell me what were they?

Well many people including me think that the Purple (Pink according to me) Shadow-Ball like attack which Palkia used was Palkia's version of Aura Sphere (also this is the only attack other than Spacial Rend of all Palkia's attack which was doing any amount of visible damage to Dialga in the movie since Dialga is weak to fighting moves). Also the bullet like attack which Dailga used was most propabaly Draco Meteor.

As for Dragon Pulse attack in the episode, the attack is hardly understandable in there. I hope the next time they show the attack they make the attack a bit more understandable & good looking.
But this is the first time according to me that Milotic really showed its true beauty & strength being used together in an appeal & also that it is a true contest pokemon. The appeals of Milotic till now which were shown in the show were not that good but this one was good.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Well many people including me think that the Purple (Pink according to me) Shadow-Ball like attack which Palkia used was Palkia's version of Aura Sphere (also this is the only attack other than Spacial Rend of all Palkia's attack which was doing any amount of visible damage to Dialga in the movie since Dialga is weak to fighting moves). Also the bullet like attack which Dailga used was most propabaly Draco Meteor.

As for Dragon Pulse attack in the episode, the attack is hardly understandable in there. I hope the next time they show the attack they make the attack a bit more understandable & good looking.
But this is the first time according to me that Milotic really showed its true beauty & strength being used together in an appeal & also that it is a true contest pokemon. The appeals of Milotic till now which were shown in the show were not that good but this one was good.

dman_dustin

Yes, tipnottippy. Now after I've watched the part again, I'm quite sure it was Ryuu no Hadou. Thanks a lot.

In that case, I have to say the animation of it is just nothing! If shattering a Aqua Ring and floating around people is Dragon Pulse, I have to say I'm very disappointed.
Dragon Pulse was used to destroy the Aqua Ring, not to attack an opponent so we may have to wait for an actual dragon pulse (one that attack the opponent) to see what it really looks like.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Dragon Pulse was used to destroy the Aqua Ring, not to attack an opponent so we may have to wait for an actual dragon pulse (one that attack the opponent) to see what it really looks like.
Well, I was only wondering why couldn't they show us the actual Dragon Pulse, it could break the Aqua Ring too. Why did they showcased it like normal movement?

And Lucariobhai, thanks a lot. It makes a lot sense now.

dman_dustin

Well, I was only wondering why couldn't they show us the actual Dragon Pulse, it could break the Aqua Ring too. Why did they showcased it like normal movement?

And Lucariobhai, thanks a lot. It makes a lot sense now.

I don't think Milotic flying in the air was part of Dragon Pulse, just it destroying the Aqua Ring.

And it may because Moves depending on how you use it are displayed differently. Kind of like how originally Skitty used doubleslap with it's paws until May taught it to use its tail.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I don't think Milotic flying in the air was part of Dragon Pulse, just it destroying the Aqua Ring.

And it may because Moves depending on how you use it are displayed differently. Kind of like how originally Skitty used doubleslap with it's paws until May taught it to use its tail.
Well, just destroying the Aqua Ring sure doesn't look like any pulse attack. I thought it is a part of Aqua Ring.

What you said makes sense, but again I don't find how Milotic's movement could be a pulse attack (Shattring the Aqua Ring also seems a basic movement to me).

On a funny note, when I saw the appeal for the very first time, I thought the rainbow colored helix like attack was Dragon Pulse, which was actually the Aqua Ring.