• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Our Cup Runneth Over! (543)

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Can't wait to see this and the rest of the Wallace Cup.
I still think they should have aired them all together at
the end of the Labor Day Pokemon-a-ton, that Dungeon
special was anticlimactic.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I like that we finally got to see Wallace, and at least they made a brief mention of him being the Sootopolis gym leader once (funny they didn't mention the dapper Juan). I'm surprised they didn't bring up the fact that Ash battled a different gym leader, but ah well.

There wasn't much to the episode, but I enjoyed the practice battles with Ash and Dawn, and Jessie fawning over Wallace was hilarious. :D I laughed when she was blowing kisses, and then when James and Meowth grab her she suddenly gets demonic. LOL And hey, May cameo! I can't wait for the next few weeks, I've missed May.

The one thing that still bugs me is, what is the big deal with milotic? I've never found it to be a beautiful pokemon in the least. It looks like some Loch Ness creation. Now gardevoir, THAT's a beautiful pokemon.

Little Miss Sunshine

I like shorts!
I think I need to get my priorities straight while noticing things. @_@

(At the end of the episode, when May's introduced again)
May: -stands up-
Me: WOAHSNAP. She's in sub-zero degree climates, and she's wearing SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT? Crazy woman, that is.
-credits roll-
Me: ...WOAHSNAP. Hold up. Was that May? -rewinds-

(true story)

Loved the episode~ Wallace is too awesome. No Saturn in the ep, though, so lost some points there. e_e

Rex Kamex

if you notice they dont really have English writings or anything like that anyways so its not so unexpected

The last time the Sinnoh Now! logo appeared it was changed into English.

Redblood012

Gray Trainer
Finally, the wallace cup started, i been waiting a while to see these episodes dubbed

Cobalt_Latios

There wasn't much to the episode, but I enjoyed the practice battles with Ash and Dawn, and Jessie fawning over Wallace was hilarious. :D I laughed when she was blowing kisses, and then when James and Meowth grab her she suddenly gets demonic. LOL And hey, May cameo! I can't wait for the next few weeks, I've missed May.
I quite enjoyed that myself as well.

The one thing that still bugs me is, what is the big deal with milotic? I've never found it to be a beautiful pokemon in the least. It looks like some Loch Ness creation. Now gardevoir, THAT's a beautiful pokemon.
I'd like to consider Lapras to be the true Nessie incarnation, while we let ol' Ogopogo handle Milotic. In fact, that's more the point. Though, I think when they designed Milotic, they went with a mermaid-esque concept. IMO, anyways.

I think I need to get my priorities straight while noticing things. @_@

(At the end of the episode, when May's introduced again)
May: -stands up-
Me: WOAHSNAP. She's in sub-zero degree climates, and she's wearing SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT? Crazy woman, that is.
-credits roll-
Me: ...WOAHSNAP. Hold up. Was that May? -rewinds-

(true story)

Loved the episode~ Wallace is too awesome. No Saturn in the ep, though, so lost some points there. e_e
Considering that next episode will feature a flashback with her in a Parka, then she's not nearly as crazy as you'd think. Though, the whole timing was pretty well conceived.

NJ: Ash, they're a call for you from Snowpoint city.
*explanation on the whereabouts of Snowpoint city.*
*cuts to May sitting down*
NJ: Ash from Pallet town is ready to speak.
*shows May*
May: Great! Thanks, I'll go take it right now.

Wow, the writers certainly knew how to re-introduce her.

Anyways, I suppose I should do a proper report here. Let's get to the facts; I found this episode to be a mix of getting Dawn back in shape for contests and to introduce the Champion of the Hoenn region that didn't get his spot... yet.

I found it rather entertaining of Wallace's effect on the ladies, something a la Tucker. Though, now nearly to do that extent. Though, has anyone besides me noticed that most of the champions have some kind of cape... for the most part? Lance has one, Wallace has one, Cynthia's is more of a really long jacket. Yeah, I guess I just now noticed it.

And this is the first time two attacks have been used: Dragon Pulse, Aqua Ring (and to think, we'll be seeing Zoey's Finneon use AR as well). Though, I have no idea what Dragon Pulse... did, if anything at all. It was all a blur, it was called and I didn't really see anything. Aqua Ring was awesome though.

This now marks 3 consecutive episodes where the Team Rocket motto is actually not used ("Crossing Paths", "Pika and Goliath", and here "Our Cup Runneth Over"), which was strange but you didn't really notice for some reason (or at least not until now, where I actually thought about it). I also thought it was hilarious of how Jessie was going all over Wallace before being ripped away from him.

And lets not forget Rhonda and her very weak armed mic guy. And the guy who forgot the charge the batteries. It's amazing she can even still get a story...

And finally, after that huge slump she's been in, Dawn finally gets some proper advice to help her out. And yet, the funniest thing is, she's being somewhat contradictory. I distinctly remember her saying putting Pokemon before all else first in the first few episodes... and here we are roughly 70 episodes later and she nearly chucks it out the window. Now that that's solved, we can continue with our progress.

~C_L~

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I truly think the whole reintroducing of May and her new Glaceon was awesome! And that May of ours, she is the perfect Character to get Dawn back on her contest feet, right? Let's not forget her awesomeness as a coordinator!

But my concern was that Ash never mentioned anything about ever having battled Wallace, or have i mixed something up?

PokemonHero

I can see the future
But my concern was that Ash never mentioned anything about ever having battled Wallace, or have i mixed something up?

Ash never battled Wallace. Juan was the Gym Leader in Sootopolis Gym Leader when Ash was there. Wallace had become the Hoenn League Champion by that time.

This was probably the best DP episode I've seen.
I loved the VA for Wallace, and it was just a...good episode. XD
I've only been able to watch about half of it so far though.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Yes, another "hero episode"!
I´m always delighted when one of the very special heroes of the Pokemon Anime (Lance, Brandon, Wallace, Elite Four members and above all my beloved Cynthia) enters the stage. Great!
Wallace could surely have some more muscles ^^, but it was all right. He really looks quite handsome. (NO I´m not gay!)

The two most hilarious moments definitely were Dawn being accidentally attacked by all her Pokemon as well as Seviper being embarrasingly dressed up like a Milotic and Jessie refusing to accept that it's just not capable of learning Water Ring :goof::goof::goof:

I also enjoyed watching Ash training again as well as Wallace giving his performance. The latter was really breathtaking and amazing! Even his exit was more than impressive. Well, perhaps my general admiration for people with a sense of drama accounts for the fact that I mentioned exactly this scene.

Well, to sum it up:
A great hero Wallace, a Jessie being all geared up to enter the contest, a Dawn regaining her self-confidence and, what I´m looking forward to most, the return of May and Ash actually taking part in a contest again!

Go Ash and Buizel! You two will be great!

7,5 out of 10 points!

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
I enjoyed counting all the water droplets on the screen using my trusty TiVo :p

harryheart

Umm. One thing I havn't seen mentioned is the fact that Ash didn't go to a gym. He is just continuing to Pastoria city for a gym battle, when there is a gym in Snowpoint city. Why not go there instead?

harryheart

Yes of course I play the games. But it would make much more sense if thats what Ash did. Wouldn't you do it?

Rebeccag

I liked this episode it was good to see wallace and yeah i find him pretty cute too. i liked Ash and Dawns battle and also Jessie fawning all over Wallace and wanting to learn Aqua Ring that was funny. Also it was great to see May again i almost forgotten how much I missed her and now I just cannot wait for the next few episodes ^_^

Faerie

MONS
Not half bad.

This episode wasn't as good as I was hoping, but considering how high my standards are, it's still a great episode.

I really liked Wallace's voice actor. His voice sounded a little funny sometimes, but he still knew how to act much better than most of the other ones on this show. Wallace is the kind of character who doesn't always say what he's thinking, and his VA captured that well using his tone of voice. That's a basic skill for an actor, but most of the VAs on the show can't do it. I hope he does the acting for some more characters.

I'm very glad that the writers finally got Dawn out of her funk. At the beginning of the episode, I was expecting her to go through the whole episode being a whiny sore loser like she usually is, but thanks to Wallace she actually got her act together. It was about time she did that. I'll give her that she's one of the most realistic characters on the show, but that doesn't make her any less irritating.

I was a little skeptical about Wallace's reaction when he saw Ash, Dawn and Brock. One would think that he'd be at least a little exasperated when fans found him on his one day off, but the seemed happy to oblige in judging there moves and showing off his own. The seem to be casting the three as if they can do no wrong. Wait...they were always like that. Oh well.

The body of the episode was blander than I expected. Even though Dawn went through a big change (which she has already done like three times), it still felt kind of empty, like it could have used more body. The events were a little disconnected, like there were too many trains of thought in the writers' minds when they wrote it.

Jessie was a nice bit of comic relief, even though the episode was light-hearted enough that it wasn't really necessary. Her fangirling over Wallace made me laugh out loud. She was acting even more ridiculous than usual.

May was also introduced in just the right way. She didn't suddenly appear at the beginning of the episode and go "LOLHI!" like Misty did. (Yes, Misty did give warning, but since it all happened in one episode, it felt like there was nothing else going on. It was handled a little awkwardly.) I can't wait for the next episode.

All in all, quite good. It was lacking, but not enough to severely detract from the experience.