• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Our game character is evil

TomNook

Still In Kanto
And his dress sense is awful...

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Grei

not the color
Anything can be evil if you look at it as if the glass is half-empty. So, I'll look at the glass half-FULL~

1) Nope, they just faint. But then again, Raticate are plentiful. We probably saved something else in the food chain.

2) We gave our rival a new goal and made him more independent!

3) That man was evil. We did the world a favor!

4) Red doesn't actually die (aka I can't think of a way of looking at this positively).

5) It gains us notoriety!

See!? POSITIVE!!!1

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Anything can be evil if you look at it as if the glass is half-empty. So, I'll look at the glass half-FULL~

1) Nope, they just faint. But then again, Raticate are plentiful. We probably saved something else in the food chain.

2) We gave our rival a new goal and made him more independent!

3) That man was evil. We did the world a favor!

4) Red doesn't actually die (aka I can't think of a way of looking at this positively).

5) It gains us notoriety!

See!? POSITIVE!!!1

Thinking positive isn't always a good thing. What if we wanted the Raticate alive?

Grei

not the color
Thinking positive isn't always a good thing. What if we wanted the Raticate alive?

Then there's no use in dwelling on the past!

Pokemon is cockfighting, though...

Minus the "Pokemon don't kill each other" bit.
And the "Pokemon enjoy battling as exercise" part.
And the "Pokemon aren't real creatures" thing.

But other than that, yeah, they're completely the same.

Minus the "Pokemon don't kill each other" bit.
And the "Pokemon enjoy battling as exercise" part.
And the "Pokemon aren't real creatures" thing.

But other than that, yeah, they're completely the same.

Knowing people who are involved in the whole cockfighting thing, they don't always have them fight to the death, sometimes they'll have a time limit to how long they go on for, like boxing.

Grei

not the color
Knowing people who are involved in the whole cockfighting thing, they don't always have them fight to the death, sometimes they'll have a time limit to how long they go on for, like boxing.

Regardless, Pokemon are designed to be a species of animal that is based entirely around fighting one another for exercise, something that regular animals don't do (they fight for dominance, to impress females, or to protect territory or young). It's not necessarily comparable to cockfighting because cockfighting is making two animals fight when they naturally would not feel inclined to fight one another.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Is pokemon cockfighting?

Essentially.

Is it the most benevolent form of cockfighting ever seen?

Yes.

Seriously, Game Freak has gone the extra miles to make this not creepy.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
The uncreative people haven't found this thread yet.

Also, "shower bloodbaths"?

Hm...that's a rare sight.

cuz dat's pro

Says you.

God I want that hat.

HELLZ YEAH! :D

Why would you want that? >.>

Pokemon is cockfighting, though...

And to quote a quote from someone's sig - "and Mew is Jesus".

Giratina_ruler

people also forget the only way out of tohjo falls is through the water routes, we dont die when we fall through pitfalls in seafoam into water or even if mt silver do we?

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
The uncreative people haven't found this thread yet.

Also, "shower bloodbaths"?

Ursaring used Slash! It's a Critical hit!

So dark... I can totally see potential for a teen flick here. Mix in some hot male vampires, and we're all set.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Your game character is evil.

1. You beat up random Pokemon (random encounters/EV Training)

2. You take down Team Rocket/Galactic/Magma/Aqua and cause hundreds of grunts to lose their jobs

3. You treat a Pokemon badly and force them to carry you up mountains, smash rocks, etc. (HM Slaves)

4. You leave weak Pokemon to rot in your PC, or you force them out into the wild at a very young age (Chain Breeding)

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I think he's just a plot-powered twig pre-teen who has an apparent gifted talent for battling.

I know mine likes to cause utter chaos and mass destruction, mass breeding Snorlax in Solaceon town then releasing them in said area is always fun.

I will soon force my pokeprostitutes to form a Snorlax army which will devour the food supply in the entire world thus causing everyone to starve to death.

So yeah, more hardcore Cyrus right there.

Grei

not the color
Your game character is evil.

1. You beat up random Pokemon (random encounters/EV Training)

2. You take down Team Rocket/Galactic/Magma/Aqua and cause hundreds of grunts to lose their jobs

3. You treat a Pokemon badly and force them to carry you up mountains, smash rocks, etc. (HM Slaves)

4. You leave weak Pokemon to rot in your PC, or you force them out into the wild at a very young age (Chain Breeding)

POSITIVES HAHAWWW

1. Pokemon battle as a form of exercise! It's natural and healthy for them. They enjoy it!

2. Those grunts and enemy Team members are all causing problems for everyone else!

3. No you don't! Pokemon are your friends! They gladly aid you in your journey and you take care of them!

4. Pokemon still get exercise and socialize with other Pokemon inside of the PC (either virtually or by a method similar to the anime's 'Oak's Lab'. And young Pokemon have to survive in the wild anyway! They learn to fend for themselves!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
1) Some people claim that we kill our rival's Raticate...

That was Green's fault, due to his inability to properly take care of his pokemon.

2) Then we crush his dream and steal his grandfather's love

More like his attention, and since when is Green's goal to be loved by Oak?

3) We drive Giovanni to suicide (or so I heard...)

Not a chance.

4) It's probably the same with Red...

Not a chance.

5) Some people say that the Pokédex entries are the results of experiments done by the "hero" on his/her pokémon...

Not a chance.