• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ouran Highschool Host Club

AceFlonne

Mediator
I don't know if this is the right term to use but it's kind of an example of Periphery Demographic

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I love this anime. It's so uplifting and just happy. Maybe not the best for some, but hey, I like it anyway. XD

Tamaki's my fave but I enjoyed all of the characters.

EDIT: Oh and btw I had my friend watch this anime who's a guy, and he really liked it. He said it was the most ridiculous anime he's watched, but he enjoyed it. xD

Last edited:

Lilia

Moe in general is an example of periphery.

On a second note, Maybe I am guilty that I like Reborn coz of the bishies and it's fandom consist of girls though to be fair they are female fans who like it for the plot and fights

AceFlonne

Mediator
Moe in general is an example of periphery.

On a second note, Maybe I am guilty that I like Reborn coz of the bishies and it's fandom consist of girls though to be fair they are female fans who like it for the plot and fights

You can't blame the author (who is a female)for making them too pretty and it's lack of females in the series

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I never watched it but I wanna know if it's good so answer : P

It depends what you like really. I began to realize i like sillier shows, but Ouran, while it is very silly it begins to get a bit more deeper. So while it starts off all OVER-DRAMATIC and everything you begin to find out everything about the Host Club members...and it still be uplifting at the same time. It's a personal preference. My friends made me watch it, and at first I was a bit weirded out and I gave it a chance.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I don't know if this is the right term to use but it's kind of an example of Periphery Demographic

Some shows mistakenly get that trope applied, best example being K-ON! which, despite the overload of moe and cute girls doing cute things, is adapted from a seinen manga.

Well, I'm a fan of Ouran who is also a boy A MAN.

Fan-man just doesn't have the same ring to it as fan-boy.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Fan-man just doesn't have the same ring to it as fan-boy.

It's more MANLY though. It doesn't need to ring. Ringing is for weak triangle instruments. Fan-man sounds more like a crash, like a drum set you beat the **** out of.

I love Ouran. It's ridiculous and sweet and over-the-top... The manga does get more emotional, especially when it passes the point in which the anime stopped, but it was still enjoyable.