• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Out of Curiosity...

Do you use ubers?

• I use ubers very often.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I never use ubers. All I do is capture them.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I only use them for things such as Exp. Share training and battling my friends.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I only use them to battle my friends.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Mono789

Master of Charizard
Alrighty, I've seen people with something in their thread that says 30% of people on serebii.net forums don't use ubers, so I wanted to see for myeslf.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
There's no "I use ubers when I feel like it" option, so I guess the "I use ubers very often." will have to do.

I honestly don't care what kinds of Pokemon I use in-game since my teams end up reasonably balanced anyway, and I haven't been bothered to get out of the standard tier in those rare times when I competitively battle but that's more due to laziness and the fact that you're pretty much guaranteed to find people battling in that tier whenever you decide to pop on Netbattle for a match or two. They're Pokemon, they exist, they don't destroy my game when I use them(and since you get them all late game, they really can't sap the challenge out of it except for maybe the E4 or something) so there's no point in not using them if I want to use them. If you don't want to use ubers, that's fine too. And as long as neither side denounces the others for DARING to hold such views about ubers, everything's fine and dandy.

I wouldn't consider a Wobbuffet a Uber, Using Dark attacks will easily kill a Wobbuffet. Therefore, it's not uber

Otherwise, It's for collecting purposes ONLY!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I might train a Pokémon with high stats, but that's only if my opponent gets desperate and, say, pulls out a Kyogre. Then I fight fire with fire. Otherwise, I'll surrender if my other 5 have been knocked out.

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
The Unown Water Master said:
I wouldn't consider a Wobbuffet a Uber, Using Dark attacks will easily kill a Wobbuffet. Therefore, it's not uber

Otherwise, It's for collecting purposes ONLY!

Because obviously, NOBODY in the competitive community considered using Dark Type attacks against a Psychic type Pokemon. **Rolls Eyes** Using a Dark Type attack will just guarantee your own Pokemon's demise; [as will using any type of attack against Wobuffet] as the very high BP attack hits Wobuffet's deific HP and pumped up defences, does very little, and then is bounced back at your Pokemon with 1.5 times the power, [which has already been boosted by if not, STAB then at least Super Effectiveness] completely erasing them from your save file. It's Uber. Deal with it, and, while you're at it, STFU about things you obviously know nothing about.

Anyway, no, I don't use ubers.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
How did Wobbuffet suddenly end up in this discussion? (And there are ways around a Wobbuffet...you just have to be prepared for them.)

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
Ophie said:
How did Wobbuffet suddenly end up in this discussion? (And there are ways around a Wobbuffet...you just have to be prepared for them.)

Mewtwo can be countered, that doesn't make it any less uber.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
This ain't about Wobbufett and anyone who uses Wobbufett properly poses a threat.... but it's not invincable like SOME people make out....use Taunt or Torment or even Encore it then laugh as it fails...

Anyways I really don't use ubers...or at least purposefully.... if a pokemon I use is considered an uber then I guess I use an uber...but that's not why it's there.

Crystal Clair

Depends what 00ber we're talking about.
I've use Articuno and Suicune on my team but other than that, the rest of my team are oddball Pokemon like Tangela or Marowak. I guess it balances it out.

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Back when I acted like a newbie in the pokemon yes I did. Now I've changed and no ubers for me.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
This ain't about Wobbufett and anyone who uses Wobbufett properly poses a threat.... but it's not invincable like SOME people make out....use Taunt or Torment or even Encore it then laugh as it fails...

Too bad you can't switch to use those moves, and once you use a support move It'll just use Encore can switch to something that'll kill you. You can't prepare for Wobbuffet. You can't switch, so it's therefore uncounterable. It's the cheapest Pokemon ever, and is usually banned, let alone uber.

There's nothing wrong with using ubers, btw. It's cheap to use them against human players outside of uber battles, but other than that, they're fine.

I hate to break it to you, but the "statistic" in my signature isn't at all accurate. :X It was kind of a .... spoof... off of the "98% of the teenage population smokes pot" deal that people used to put in their signatures. :X

Anyways, I don't use ubers. But, I DO use some legendary Pokemon. Raikou... Regice... Regirock... Articuno... etc, but they are NOT ubers. Just legendary.

I have nothing against people who use ubers. :/ Actually, some of my favorite Pokemon are Ho-oh, Kyogre, and Latias... ^-^ I just choose to use different Pokemon. :/ Thas all.

I basically created that message because I was tired of seeing teams in the RMT section full of ubers. ^_^; lol...

Cobalt_Latios

Someone seems to have forgotten the 'other' option. But oh well. I dont always use ubers, but i tend to have at least 1 or 2 on my team at all times. This way, i can do some quick training and maybe even get a few good moves on them in the process. I probably wouldnt use them in competitive gameplay(for obvious reasons), but overall, i do tend to use them.

~C_L~

Mono789

Master of Charizard
It actually turns out 50% of everyone who voted does not use ubers. That something good to know...