• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Outrageous Fortunes! (249)

Champion Jared 14

Ahh, this episode just aired not too long ago! I really couldn't picture Misty with a Poliwrath...But it shows that Ash's King's Rock was well played as a plot device for Poliwhirl's evolution. Politoed was strong, and funny and friendly too. I love that addition to her team.

The beginning of the episode wasn't the best. I liked Bayleef, though. The end was really good though!! My favorite part was when Poliwhirl evolves and Politoed started rubbing Poliwrath and Phanpy and this:

Ash: It's wearing my King's Rock!
*Politoed evolves*
Misty: I think Poliwhirl is evolving
Brock: Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed
Misty: Woah!
Ash: That's Pretty Weird....

I loved Ash's reaction!! :)

I like this episode. Seeing Poliwhirl evolve into Politoed was very cool! I also liked the battle between Bayleef and Poliwrath, too bad that Brock decided this was a draw while both Pokemon weren't defeated yet. I am sure Bayleef would've won if the battle went on, I also don't count this as being defeated for Bayleef. A very fun episode, 10/10!

I think Politoed fits Misty better than Poliwrath, so the outcome of this episode was great for me.

7threst

This episode was really nicely done in a way that it was focused on both Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. I love Politoed personality and being so enthusiastic all the time. It's funny how Misty was totally surprised by the sudden evolution of Poliwhirl and how she became confused with the real enormous change of personality.

Blessed

A nice episode, I loved how Misty's Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed. I can't imagine Misty with a Poliwrath so Politoed was a good choice for her. Politoed dancing and clapping and shaking hands was very cute to see. I thought that it was funny when Jessie became attached to Team Rocket's own device and Meowth and James controlled her.

I kind of wanted Misty with a Poliwrath. It looks like she now has two ditzy Water Pokemon. I want to see how it acts around Psyduck. xD Its Swagger was really cool as well.

Zamin

Great episode, I haven't gotten into Politoed before but he was an awesome critter in this episode.

I also loved it when Politoed used Swagger :p

zhixun

I think it is a better choice for Kasumi's Nyorozo evolves into a Nyorotono than a Nyoroton. The King's Rock is fully utilised in this episode otherwise it would have been wasted. I assume that sending Pokémon to the transporter has a similar effect as trading a Pokémon which triggers the evolution.

Just like Psyduck, Politoed get's Misty mad when it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
Funny when James tried to get Jessie to use Flamethrower and Hyper Beam. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked that Misty took initiative and battled against the COTD and his Poliwrath at the start, even if her Poliwhirl flopped. Jessie's gypsy/fortune teller disguise made me cackle, and seeing Team Rocket control Poliwrath with their device was interesting. I also giggled when Misty's Politoed started shaking Victreebel's leaves.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Poliwrath attacked Meowth and James after Jessie had tricked its owner. Misty's Poliwhirl's evolution wasn't surprising to me once we saw him find Ash's King's Rock, but Politoed seemed strong. :3

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, Poliwhirl shouldn't have taken Ash's King's Rock. Misty should've apologized when that happened.

In Poliwhirl's defense tho, it's not as if Ash had any use for the King's Rock any ways. The rock would've ended up being forgotten if Poliwhirl hadn't used it to evolve here. ^^;

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was actually sad when Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed because I prefer Poliwrath instead. Too bad Ash didn't have a Water Stone.

I think the writing staff made him evolve into Politoed cuz it was a Johto pokemon and therefore more relevant than Poliwrath. That and the King's Rock was already available in Ash's bag. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
In Poliwhirl's defense tho, it's not as if Ash had any use for the King's Rock any ways. The rock would've ended up being forgotten if Poliwhirl hadn't used it to evolve here. ^^;

We don't know that. Fact is Ash won the King's Rock via his own hard work, and then suddenly Poliwhirl snatched it and Ash was left with nothing. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
We don't know that. Fact is Ash won the King's Rock via his own hard work, and then suddenly Poliwhirl snatched it and Ash was left with nothing. :/

Well it's not as if Ash was that mad about Poliwhirl using his King's Rock to evolve any ways ha ha. At most it was a minor inconvenience to have his item taken without permission. But I stand by my stance that Poliwhirl's evolution was overdue.

ZilverLox

Banned
Finally a good Johto episode where Misty got a new Pokemon via evolution even if it's confusing since she didn't trade Poliwhirl. And TR's harness device reminded me of AJ's. I totally forgot that Ash had a King's Rock that he won from the Pokemon Sumo Wrestling Competition though. I thought it was cute to see Politoed hop around and greet everyone. It seems to be very friendly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since Nyorobon played a big part here, I wish we had seen Hide come back instead of getting Yasuji. The fact that Kasumi's Nyorozo lost to Nyorobon was too bad, although seeing Satoshi's King's Symbol come in handy was great. Nyorotono's cheerfulness was highly amusing, and I liked Musashi's gypsy disguise as well.