• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Over 85 Killed And More Than 180 Wounded In Mumbai

SlipKnoT

CNN said:
In a brazen series of coordinated attacks, gunmen struck 10 sites Wednesday night across India's financial hub, killing scores of people and taking hostages in two luxury hotels frequented by Westerners, officials said.

Mumbai police spokesman Satish Katsa put the death toll at 87 and another 185 wounded, with nine of the attackers killed.

More than six hours after the attacks, fighting was still reported in the Taj Mahal Hotel, the Hotel Oberoi and Colaba Market, site of a number of restaurants, he said.

Vilasrao Deshmukh, chief minister of Maharashtra state, where Mumbai is located, told reporters that a total of 10 locations were attacked, including a railroad station.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/india.attacks/index.html

I watched the entire event unfold on CNN, what a tragedy.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
I can't believe most of the people I know don't even care or just didn't hear about it. It is so mind boggling. D:

treespyro

Vintage much?
I know It was just a random attack which started with the train station attack and then the hostage, bombing

The chief Minister of Anti- Terroism was killed as well

I watched it on CNN as well

The Taj Hotel was on fire, They were going for Americans and British and they were just a bit older then me

What kind of a world is this.

But I think it is over according to the BBC and CNN but the damage was done, it was a different terrorism attack then what we are used to seeing.

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

This is almost like 9/11 again. Knew the terrorists were gonna strike sooner or later.

This sounds like it was pretty serious, considering that it mentioned something from a foreign country that I've actually heard of.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
The numbers has been raised to 87 people killed and 200 wounded. Bombs, raging gunmen, fires, hostage situations...Things are going to hell over there.

All I can say is that I'm glad that I'm not in Mumbai.

Rave

Banned
Wow... my friend from India was visiting me when I was told of this news and we both watched the news.

Pretty shocking...

It's a tragedy. I hope India can come out of this. It's weird, one of my best friend's dad lives in India. I hope he's alright, as well as many other civilians.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well from the latest news i heard around 100 people have died & over 280 people are injured. Also there have been a lot of firing going in that area as i post.
The chief Minister of Anti- Terroism was killed as well
As much as know of no Minister was killed but a High Ranking Police Officer was killed. Also many Police Officers have been killed aswell.
And i just now heard that the hostages of one of the hotel have been released (though it is not officially confrimed)

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
It's a tragedy. I hope India can come out of this. It's weird, one of my best friend's dad lives in India. I hope he's alright, as well as many other civilians.

Get your friend to call him.
Anyways, I watched it on SkyNews (Australia) as it was also unfolding.
India's on the Austalian No-Go list.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I believe the wounded amount has skyrocketed past 300 by now.

Also many Police Officers have been killed aswell.

There have been fifteen police officers killed, including the anti-terrorism chief. Stray bullets killed a couple in their home, and a sixteen-year-old was killed when he just stepped outside. Here in America, sometimes terrorism is thought of as a joke and the like; even after major events like this, some people will think this is a conspiracy or something else. It is really disgusting to see people oblivious to this.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Woah, this is deep.
My heart goes out to everyone in India and the families of killed people.

J'han

IrresponsibleCaptain
Everyone's a terrorist.

The count seems up to 125+ killed 325+ wounded.

Two planes, one from Air France and one from Air New Zealand, have apparently crashed in the Med Sea, off the coast of France, unknown if there's a correlation.