• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Over the Mountain of Snow (886)

LizardonX

Banned
Your standard rocket filler drivel episode.

There was literally no redeemable qualities whatsoever outside of the 2 scenes where Chespin got screentime.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Pros:

* Cute interactions - Bonnie/Clemont & Ash/Serena

* Serena taking advantage of her Rhyhorn racing training to guide the Mamoswine to cross the steep hill

* Jessie playing with Gourgeist

* Serena joining Ash in standing up to the protective Yeti

* Noibaby +1; Braixen +1; Bunnelby +1

* Clemont's invention actually doesn't explode?!?? Aipom arming Bonnie

* Bonnie's Delibird costume

* Chespin tossing Braixen

* THIS IS WHY I HAVE BEEN SAYING ASH NEEDS THE YETI. WHAT A GLORIOUS CREATURE. THE PERFECT TANK. STEROIDAL YETI PLEASE BASED WRITERS

Cons:

* Mamoswine, but no mention of Dawn....disappointing...

* Clemont still being a fraidy cat I see...comic relief gag OP

* Filler at the end of the day; became standard TR episode by the end

An all right fillerish episode - everyone got involved, so that was a nice touch.

4/10

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
This was amazing episode. Everything falls into place, from the interactions of the humans and to the Pokemon. They made use of the best and known qualities of each of the gang and ran with it to create a strong unit. And their teamwork shows. Ash leads while Serena gives suggestions, Clemont does the technical stuff, while Bonnie helps a bit in her own way.

They made use of Serena's history with Rhyhorn racing to help Mamoswine cross the steep incline. Their way in making Clemont's Mamoswine climb the incline was great (using ropes to pull Mamoswine up) and one that I would assume something Brock would suggest, though I wonder who suggested it here. Later, we see Serena's fear of terribly constructed wooden bridges back in the summer camp episode, and you can see how Ash just keeps it together despite being nervous as well. Clemont is once again the healer and medic of the group, but moreover, here he has shown an invention that didn't blow up. Bonnie is still Bonnie which is great since no matter what happens she is still there to be the sunshine of the group.

Pokemon interactions are great as well, Chespin is still his goofy self while Braixen is very dainty and channels her inner Constanza. Meanwhile, Noibat shines again using its echolocation to help Ash and Serena find the hot springs.

Overall a goddamn great episode despite the so-called "filler" people tack upon it. And adding to what Clemont said in the end "Saikou Party", well you sure are, guys, best team ever.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really don't have anything to say outside of liking Serena run Mamoswine better than Ash, and seeing Braixen and Noibat around.

Serena should've been the Mamoswine rider here from the start imo. She's so much better at riding Pokemon than Ash, so I don't get why he got first dibs.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
Mal's Review-

Pros:

* Cute interactions - Bonnie/Clemont & Ash/Serena

* Serena taking advantage of her Rhyhorn racing training to guide the Mamoswine to cross the steep hill

* Jessie playing with Gourgeist

* Serena joining Ash in standing up to the protective Yeti

* Noibaby +1; Braixen +1; Bunnelby +1

* Clemont's invention actually doesn't explode?!?? Aipom arming Bonnie

* Bonnie's Delibird costume

* Chespin tossing Braixen

* THIS IS WHY I HAVE BEEN SAYING ASH NEEDS THE YETI. WHAT A GLORIOUS CREATURE. THE PERFECT TANK. STEROIDAL YETI PLEASE BASED WRITERS

Cons:

* Mamoswine, but no mention of Dawn....disappointing...

* Clemont still being a fraidy cat I see...comic relief gag OP

* Filler at the end of the day; became standard TR episode by the end

An all right fillerish episode - everyone got involved, so that was a nice touch.

6/10
Wait wth? 0.0 The pros are outnumbered the cons and you give it 6/10? Dudeeeeeeeeee! If I was you, I would give it at least 6.5/10...

Navin

MALDREAD
Wait wth? 0.0 The pros are outnumbered the cons and you give it 6/10? Dudeeeeeeeeee! If I was you, I would give it at least 6.5/10...

Because in the end, it still became a typical helping POTD/defeating TR filler episode. There's only so much I could possibly like from here. Still, it had enough nice interactions and involvement of others to warrant it a 6, and I'm a slightly tougher evaluator too.

Janovy

Banned
One of the most unoriginal episodes ever. Same boring plot, same boring issue that requires help from main characters, same boring villains who try to steal the Pokemon, same boring conclusion to the episode. I'm very disappointed.

I did like the fact that Serena was of great help due to her riding/racer experience, so at least that was something.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Just watched the episode. It sure was fun a bit (Chespin, please don't make such big snowballs again when on top of a hill). But getting to see Frost Cavern was sure unexpected, I thought the whole plot would stick in Route 17, so showing the landmark is a plus in my book. Oh, and did I mention that Serena was really pretty in those clothes?

8/10

_Dog

Your standard rocket filler drivel episode.

There was literally no redeemable qualities whatsoever outside of the 2 scenes where Chespin got screentime.

Could you care to explain your objections to the episode and why it seems to have racked your nerve? I have the impression that unless Chespin becomes the main character of the entire show, you will hate whatever the show offers. Everyone should have screen time, not just Chespin. This isn't Chespin: The Show, it's Pokemon.

Pokegirl0102

Yes i always say Obamasnow lol, but this episode was pretty meh for the most part, i guess they are padding between now and the 7th gym, which is to be expected

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like that Noibat finally got some screen time in this. And that Serena was able to get Mamoswine up the mountain with her riding skills. Team Rocket was fun like always.

But seriously why have both Mamoswine go across that bridge together?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Could have introduced Bergmite or Avalugg.

Instead, it's a random sick Snover and his random Abomasnow single father.

Unnecessary padding, really.

It's based off of the Frost Cavern event in X and Y, which featured Mamoswine and Abomasnow. Wasn't all that random in the end.

This episode wasn't anything too special. It was nice to see the nice snowy mountain though.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Ohhh Mamoswine, you remind me of Dawn and therefore contests. However, we have showcases now and they're good too.

There were some good points to this episode. Bonnie in her Delibird costume, Serena and her riding prowess and finally Jessie and Gourgeist continuing from the previous episode. Also, its nice to see Snover and Abomasnow.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Pikachu52

It was a nice way to incorporate route 17 from the XY games. But Serena was certainly disappointing. She insists on taking the reigns from Ash, then gets scared when they cross over a rope bridge that's strong enough to hold two mamoswine.
Team Rocket were also disappointing. It was Gourgiests first battle after evolving - you'd think it would have put up more of a fight.

Not too much to write home about in this one, in my opinion.
Just one of those episodes where I like the scenes where it shows just the Pokemon themselves interacting. Even though it was just that one short scene with Braixen and Chespin, but still.