• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Over-Used or Under-Used

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Do you you use OUs or UUs?

Meowtastic

Not sure what you mean by this? overused and underused compared to what everyone else uses? i don't know what everyone else uses, but i guess if raticates and zubats/woobats count, then yes i used underused pokemon.

Hilda

I use which ever I like. You just need a good tactic and you can beat anything with whatever you use. Of course some will be better than the others if you follow smogon sets, they are designed to be like that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I use whatever I want.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I use whatever Pokemon I like that look cool.

Rakurai

Both.

Because I could care less about competitive battling, at least as far as tiers go.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I use Pokemon I like. And there are VERY FEW Pokemon I like in OU, or at least very few that aren't just used to set up weather effects.

Ditto B1tch

I prefer OU, but I have already used UU sometimes.

In competitive play you should use only OU, regardless if your favorite Pokemon is a UU.

UU, although I generally use whatever I want. Really, I fit better into NU.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
NU Gravity assault!

I actually don't do much competitive stuff, but I actually did once, among other things, make an NU Gravity team. It lost. Horribly. Repeatedly.

WastingLight

I pretty much use both, I nearly always have a flygon on my team and then I try to use pokemon that i never had in the past.

Codface

Some pokemonare better than people think due to smogon bans. For instance almost anything with abilites Swift Swim, Sand veil or Moody. Anything with access to minimise. Anything with 1hit KO moves while can set up effective stall. Basically I wouldnt take the tiers seriously if you intend to play on wifi/single player as they are lawless and alot of UU/NU pokemon can thrash the "follow the smogon rules" OU pokemon if played "unfairly" every time.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I prefer OU, but I have already used UU sometimes.

In competitive play you should use only OU, regardless if your favorite Pokemon is a UU.

Not this. ...Seriously. If you're going to use only OU Pokemon, your choices will be SEVERELY limited. Besides, UU Pokemon can be really useful as well, despite what some may think.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Some pokemonare better than people think due to smogon bans. For instance almost anything with abilites Swift Swim, Sand veil or Moody. Anything with access to minimise. Anything with 1hit KO moves while can set up effective stall. Basically I wouldnt take the tiers seriously if you intend to play on wifi/single player as they are lawless and alot of UU/NU pokemon can thrash the "follow the smogon rules" OU pokemon if played "unfairly" every time.

uh

you realize that Smogon bans those things -because- they are generally considered overpowered and cheap, right?

and that's why Random Matchup is stupid, right?