1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Over-Used or Under-Used

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by supersmew, Jan 17, 2013.

1. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

Do you you use OUs or UUs?

2. Meowtastic

Meowtastic Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by this? overused and underused compared to what everyone else uses? i don't know what everyone else uses, but i guess if raticates and zubats/woobats count, then yes i used underused pokemon.

3. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

I use which ever I like. You just need a good tactic and you can beat anything with whatever you use. Of course some will be better than the others if you follow smogon sets, they are designed to be like that.

4. Interference

Interference Banned

5. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I use whatever I want.

6. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

I generally use a mixture.

7. Celestial Moth

Celestial Moth Bug-Type Deity

OU always it contains the best pokes without using the leganderies.

8. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

I use whatever Pokemon I like that look cool.

9. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Both.

Because I could care less about competitive battling, at least as far as tiers go.

10. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

I tend to lean toward Pokemon.

Preferably good ones.

11. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

I use Pokemon I like. And there are VERY FEW Pokemon I like in OU, or at least very few that aren't just used to set up weather effects.

12. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

I like using what helps me win, kinda of my way of having fun.

I tend to not use my favorites because personally it means your not being truly competitive if using them unless their Pokemon that can build a great synergy core.

13. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

I prefer OU, but I have already used UU sometimes.

In competitive play you should use only OU, regardless if your favorite Pokemon is a UU.

14. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

UU, although I generally use whatever I want. Really, I fit better into NU.

15. Chewiana Jones

Chewiana Jones Dunsparciologist

NU Gravity assault!

I actually don't do much competitive stuff, but I actually did once, among other things, make an NU Gravity team. It lost. Horribly. Repeatedly.

16. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

I pretty much use both, I nearly always have a flygon on my team and then I try to use pokemon that i never had in the past.

17. Rungundah

Rungundah New Member

this..............

18. Codface

Codface Well-Known Member

Some pokemonare better than people think due to smogon bans. For instance almost anything with abilites Swift Swim, Sand veil or Moody. Anything with access to minimise. Anything with 1hit KO moves while can set up effective stall. Basically I wouldnt take the tiers seriously if you intend to play on wifi/single player as they are lawless and alot of UU/NU pokemon can thrash the "follow the smogon rules" OU pokemon if played "unfairly" every time.

19. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

Not this. ...Seriously. If you're going to use only OU Pokemon, your choices will be SEVERELY limited. Besides, UU Pokemon can be really useful as well, despite what some may think.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  20. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

uh

you realize that Smogon bans those things -because- they are generally considered overpowered and cheap, right?

and that's why Random Matchup is stupid, right?