• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overall, which characters do you tend to favor more, the female or male?

Who do you tend to favor more, males or females?

• Males

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Females

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Both

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • IDK

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

J-boogie200

Do you find that the majority of your favorite characters are male, or female?

Like, whenever someone like Barry or Angie comes along do you find yourself immediately drawn to them?

Whenever there's the question as to who are your favorite characters are, do you have mostly males, females, or a good combination of both.

Who do you think the writers have handled better, and who are you more excited to see?

This has nothing to do with fanservice or crazed fanboys, but who you tend to favor.

I don't want this thread to turn ugly, I just want to know.

Well for me, although I'm male, I love the female characters more due to their empathy and relationships with their Pokemon. The way they handled their battles and situations are also cool.

I also love the way they throw their Pokeballs.

Misty, May, Dawn, Jessie, Agatha, Prima, Cynthia, Zoey, Ursula, Marina, Gardenia, Jasmine, Fantina, Maylene, Erika, Lila, Johanna, Soledad, and Kotone are all favorites of mine.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
MMM Well my 2 favourite characters are both girls (Dawn and Misty) but I do like Ash, Brock, James, Barry, Gary, Paul, Tracey and a few other male characters. So I'd have to say males, because I prefer more of them to girls.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I perffer both.Both make good trainer groups,Gym Challengers are more for boys and Contest are for girls.

BlueDragonfangirl

I tend to favor the males more. That doesn't mean I don't like the females either, cuz I do like May and Dawn and Angie.

Kuno-121

I tend to favour the females over the males even though imma male
Because they do contests and i love contests
But i do like Brock and Drew and barry
So :) Dawn , Misty <---- Ftw :)

No. 1 Machop Fan

Male. Harley's hilarious, but the rest I don't state why. I'd also really love to see Brendan (from RS) as a major character, big time!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The males love the males, the females love the females. i have no doubt.

Alfonso

Derpgull
The males love the males, the females love the females. i have no doubt.

Not really. I usually find it's the reverse, at least with those in the teens. The guys like the female characters, while the girls fangasm over the males.

I mean this in a purely heterosexual light, but in terms of looks the girls probably have more to pick from. Pokemon has many decent looking guys, but the females can be very hit and miss because they appear more and tend to look more generic.

I'm going with females, they just seem to have more personality than their male counterparts. Prima, Cynthia, Marina and Solidad are some of my favs.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It depends on the character. For instance Barry is my favorite character of all, because he's Barry so I like him more then anyone else. Paul is be second. However as for the actually main cast its probably females. I care more about Dawn and even Kotone then predictable Ash. I'm still trying to figure out why Brock has lasted as long as he has.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
I prefer the female characters because they are the one that appear in the anime and they are rookie coordinators for pokemon contests, especially May and Dawn.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
i have always prefered most of the females over the males, except for brock and richy i like them, the females imo have always had interesting personalitys, most of the males were always kind of one based IMO

ex.

Ash----> Friendship, Love and cheer!
Paul---> Power Hog, Rawr im gonna get u
Gary----> I am gonna be like my g-pa!

well gary was not really that boring but eh he wasnt my fav anyways : P

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I'd have to say both because I favor most people.

Not really. I usually find it's the reverse, at least with those in the teens. The guys like the female characters, while the girls fangasm over the males.

That's me right there. :)

I'm a girl, but I favor the guys more. I have about 9 characters I actually care for, only 2 of which are female.

I guess I'm a stereotypical fangirl. That kinda sucks. xD

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I prefer the males. The males aren't nearly as ridiculous as the females most of the time. Misty, May, Jessie, and Dawn are all ridiculous in different ways but the males are nowhere near as ridiculous.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen

I mean this in a purely heterosexual light, but in terms of looks the girls probably have more to pick from. Pokemon has many decent looking guys, but the females can be very hit and miss because they appear more and tend to look more generic.

indeed... some female characters can have a personality that's dull as hell, but that wouldn't matter since they seem so fappable (Hinata, Shizue, etc.). Not to say there aren't awesome female characters that I don't particularly want to bang (Kaede). But even in light of that, there are a fair number of male characters I find to be just plain awesome, and I'm having trouble figuring out which gender ratio's higher.

If you were asking solely about the main characters, I probably would've answered "male", because "male main" pretty much refers to Satoshi by default. I guess it's because he's the main character, but I'm always most interested in what kind of developments he and his roster of Pokemon experiences more than anyone else. Takeshi's overstayed his welcome (though Gregguru is hilarious), Kojirou and Nyaasu are alright, and I enjoyed Kenji when he was around. Female mains, on the other hand... aside from Musashi (who's enjoyable for being part of the Rockets), the only one I particularly enjoyed was Haruka, and even with her, I wouldn't give her priority over Satoshi. Really wasn't fond of Kasumi, especially her freakishly dull type specializing, and Hikari... her little break-down period was enjoyable while it lasted, but for the most part, she seems too similar to a feminine version of Satoshi for my tastes (right down to the ambitious shounen attitude, keeping a mascot out of its ball, and encountering a legendary Pokemon her first day as a Trainer).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Let's see ...

I think females were handled better development-wise. The majority of recurring females were handled pretty well. Most of them had some sort of development even if they were around for only a handful of episodes. One of the best examples of how much you can do in a short amount of time has to be Sakura who was only around for three episodes or so yet we were able to get a good grasp of who she was as a person and what kind of background she came from.

Consistently I feel that females have had better episodes devoted to the development of their own personal storylines. For any given female I can name an episode centered around them that I really enjoyed. I think the lone exception on the opposite end of the spectrum is James who has had his fair share of very good centric episodes though Sinnoh's been surprisingly devoid of them in favor of letting Jessie have the limelife. Hopefully he'll do better next time around.

Overall I felt that males had better character designs over the course of the series. Most of the females (especially the ones who traveled with the cast) wore outfits that were designed pretty obviously to deliver some degree of fanservice. Most of the males are dressed casually in comparison to the point that it looks like they're rather comfortable.

I feel that males in general have better Pokemon Teams then the females. I feel as though the writers need to incoorporate " cute " into most recurring female's Teams really holds them back even if each female has been blessed with a Pokemon that is decently strong without having it offset by being adorable. Males seem to have more freedom in what's allowed on their Team. Their Pokemon are not nessasarily beautiful or cute but they can be well liked in their own way. Overall I feel that Brock has had his share of pretty awesome Team members even if we didn't get to see them much. There's a lot of potentional, there.

I'd have to say I like females more then males in Pokemon. I can't really say that I outright dislike any female character that is or has been a part of the recurring cast. I can't say the same for the males, unfortunately. Still I have a soft spot for some males like Brock, James, and Harley.

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
i honestly prefer male characters eventhough the females are more developed