• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overcome Decidueye!! (1075)

Red and Blue

Props to James for actually forcing Gladion to use a Z move to win. Had Mareanie evolved and known some water moves I could of believed he might have won. At least it wasn't a total curbstomp.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The animation in ash Vs hau was meh aside from the z moves, but still a great episode, and as a bonus it also redeemed the disappointing TRio match

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It's kinda hypocrite of Mallow doesn't believe in rowlet, who actually have battle experience despite not evolve, when she have a fully evolved mon with close to no battle experience.

Lillie shows a little of Lusamine on her when Gladion won. On the other hand, that comparisons between Ash and Gladion keeps foreshadowing their fight will probably be the last of the league.

I assume I should commend the toucannon family for the cheering, help with the training and the cosplay. Damn, Delia, even a pokemon family is doing more than you.

Seriously, Hau, you should counter seed bomb throwing that everstone far far away, so Ash's damn owl won't have choice except perform a mid-fight evolution.

In general, bland episode. But yeah, let's rowlet have its moment, so it can sleep for the rest of tournament and have the others doing good fights.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's kinda hypocrite of Mallow doesn't believe in rowlet, who actually have battle experience despite not evolve, when she have a fully evolved mon with close to no battle experience.

Lillie shows a little of Lusamine on her when Gladion won. On the other hand, that comparisons between Ash and Gladion keeps foreshadowing their fight will probably be the last of the league.

I assume I should commend the toucannon family for the cheering, help with the training and the cosplay. Damn, Delia, even a pokemon family is doing more than you.

Seriously, Hau, you should counter seed bomb throwing that everstone far far away, so Ash's damn owl won't have choice except perform a mid-fight evolution.

In general, bland episode. But yeah, let's rowlet have its moment, so it can sleep for the rest of tournament and have the others doing good fights.
Hau's Decidueye: Destroys Everstone
Rowlet: Evolves straight to Decidueye, skipping the Dartrix stage entirely

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hau's Decidueye: Destroys Everstone
Rowlet: Evolves straight to Decidueye, skipping the Dartrix stage entirely
WARP POKEVOLUTION!

But I am very interested to see what happens here. I first thought Rowlet learned phantom force but it can't so substitute it is! I really want Rowlet to evolve but I've completely given up on that now, don't see a point in it happening if it doesn't happen next episode, and nothing is really calling for it if he's already learning a new move.

Gladion vs James was stupid, Gladion has gotten lucky this league so far which is pretty annoying.

Red and Blue

WARP POKEVOLUTION!

But I am very interested to see what happens here. I first thought Rowlet learned phantom force but it can't so substitute it is! I really want Rowlet to evolve but I've completely given up on that now, don't see a point in it happening if it doesn't happen next episode, and nothing is really calling for it if he's already learning a new move.

Gladion vs James was stupid, Gladion has gotten lucky this league so far which is pretty annoying.
Lucky? He is the main rival so of course he was going to make the semifinals. Lillie and James were just roadblocks to him facing Ash or Guzma

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Lucky? He is the main rival so of course he was going to make the semifinals. Lillie and James were just roadblocks to him facing Ash or Guzma
Yeah as in he's basically faced the weakest trainers in the league every round. Lillie was the least experienced out of the first round, and James is basically the worst of the second round. We all know it'll be Ash, Guzma, Gladion, and Kaki, but they could have given Gladion a little bit more of a challenge to get there, but not a huge complaint. Just it's not a good showing for him so far since he hasn't had to do much.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yeah as in he's basically faced the weakest trainers in the league every round. Lillie was the least experienced out of the first round, and James is basically the worst of the second round. We all know it'll be Ash, Guzma, Gladion, and Kaki, but they could have given Gladion a little bit more of a challenge to get there, but not a huge complaint. Just it's not a good showing for him so far since he hasn't had to do much.

I think the writers were aware of that and that's why they had him defeat Z-Moves by withstanding them or countering them with other Z-Moves.

His match-ups made sense in terms of the priorities of the 1st and 2nd rounds. Lillie obviously wans't gonna make it far so a sibling showdown made sense in the Top 16. Then for the Top 8.

Ash vs Hau was set up earlier.
Ssophocles vs Kiawe is the guy version of Mallow vs Lana.

And if Gladion faced Guzma, he would have lost without facing Ash.

Gladion could have faced Lana and that could have been an interesting match-up leaving Guzma vs James. However, Guzma's league theme seems to be beating Kukui's beloved students.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pretty interesting that both Z-moves were wasted already, but tbh, Ash was dumb when using his, the battle had barely begun and it wasn't like it was his only choice there, decidueye wasn't even pinned down or anything, at least when he did this vs Guzma with CC it made a bit more sense, as he was clearly trying to pierce through golisopod's armor, here he was just dumb.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
So they reduced the amount of battles from the last 2 episodes from 4 to 1.5 in this episode. Anyways, here's my impression:

Gladion vs James: Yeah, Gladion's too good in this league so far. But I do like Gladion's handling of his opponent Z-move was different than the one against Lillie. I wouldn't really like to see Gladion's Pokemons withstanding Z-moves head-on for a 2nd time. So I'm glad that he countered with his own Z-move. Still, it must be humiliating for James & Lillie, even though the 2 of them are among the weakest of the 16 final participants. And since Gladion looks bored, TRio should ask Bewear to fight alongside them instead of Mareanie who got its spotlight against Jessie already. Perhaps Gladion would take this Pokemon seriously.

Ash vs Hau: This battle is inconclusive until the next episode hence the 0.5 battle value I wrote in the 1st paragraph. But it seems that Rowlet had a hard time against Decidueye so far. It's a good thing that Rowlet was cosplaying so that its costume was the one who got destroyed by Decidueye Z-move. So both Pokemons won't use their Z-moves for the rest of the battle, unless the writers disregard this rule because it's the anime and it's not the same thing as in the games.

And nice Rowlet's training with its foster parents even though it didn't really learn anything new than warming up against Hau unless it succeeds the move in the next episode. But I'm glad they're back as we only see them in very few episodes so far in this series.

Overall, it was an ok episode.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I can't say that I was surprised by the result of Kojirou versus Gladio, although I'm proud of Hidoide's performance. I really liked seeing Musashi and Nyasu in the stands supporting their friend as well, and as for Satoshi versus Hau, I wasn't very fond of Mokuroh's costume since it still feels like something that the writers added just to make the beginning of the battle more gag-oriented.

D

Deleted member 384931

I watched the episode subbed and the dialogue implies like they are rivals for years and battled much lol.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I watched the episode subbed and the dialogue implies like they are rivals for years and battled much lol.
At this point, I don't care anymore. Hau was very placid in the fight, though. That thing about research about Ash's moves wasn't a thing I expected from him.

Pretty interesting that both Z-moves were wasted already, but tbh, Ash was dumb when using his, the battle had barely begun and it wasn't like it was his only choice there, decidueye wasn't even pinned down or anything, at least when he did this vs Guzma with CC it made a bit more sense, as he was clearly trying to pierce through golisopod's armor, here he was just dumb.

Yeah, but, on the other hand, without the gimmick moves in the way, the battle can be more like good old school battle. The writing will have to pull some gymnastics to justify rowlet's win.

D

Deleted member 384931

At this point, I don't care anymore. Hau was very placid in the fight, though. That thing about research about Ash's moves wasn't a thing I expected from him. twins
Maybe he and Sawyer are twins after all lol

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This episode was better than the last 2. Made me wish Ash caught a Pikipek because Toucannon is honestly one of the best early route birds. Surprised James actually put up a fight (for his standards). Something I realized is that Rowlet technically had two items: Grassium Z and an Everstone. Cheaters never win Ash. Tho the use of the Z Moves at the last second felt so forced. 7.5/10

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Didn't expect this episode to be my favourite of the Alola League, but okay.

The battles themselves are still incredibly lacking and these two basically amounted to "use a Z-Move, just kidding it missed" but it really highlights the best characterizations of S&M with Team Rocket's camaraderie and Rowlet's adorableness. Seriously, I'd say Rowlet is one if not the GOAT of Ash's Pokemon personality-wise.

Kinger556

.... Why is Ash using a Rowlett against its fully evolved version? This is stupid, if he wins I'll hate it and if he loses I'll be annoyed from his stupidity.