• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overhyped Anime

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Hmm,i think Soul Eater is Overhyped
Like CC6 said, the original material flops. Everything else is an improvement from its source material. Although it's shonen and it does have many cliches, it does excel quite a bit in the bits and pieces you wouldn't expect for a typical one. Long story short, I don't think it flops as a whole, I just think you're pointing fingers.

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
naruto.

why is everybody hatin' on the big Z?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Over hyped doesn't mean bad nor does it mean that people are hating on it.
Over-hyped means that it's promoted or publicized with excess. We hate the show but we hate the fans more.

Vernikova

Champion
Over-hyped means that it's promoted or publicized with excess. We hate the show but we hate the fans more.

Oh. Well, that wasn't the definition I was working with when I was posting but if I was I would like to nominate Clannad.

Zazie

So 1991
Why "hate"?

I kind of have the strange feeling that a lot anime fans have strange priorities. I don't see why someone would want to spend any real time or energy caring about something like that. I understand sometimes overzealous fans are in your face about and is difficult to avoid. But I think some of the venting that goes on is a little overboard. Entertainment should be something you have fun with, not a source of irritation and sometime I think people can forget that.

I don't really care so much if something is overhyped as long as no starts trying to pressure me to watch it. The only anime where that has happened has been Lucky Star, which was kind of annoying because I already did watch it, multiple times.

Last edited: