• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overhyped Anime

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
A little while back in my campus, some Elementary Schoolers were seriously obsessed with anime like Dragon Drive and the Beyblade series. I've read some of the manga, and it's not that bad if I do say so myself. Though honestly it was enough to say that they were Overhyped by this back then.

And don't get me started on Tokyo Mew Mew..

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
Death Note was overhyped.
The story was good sometimes hard to follow as in some plot devices weren't THAT engaging so you missed so details that end up having an impact later on.
Misa fans I'm sorry but that little spaz was annoying as hell.
Yu-Gi-Oh fans know...the anime is mediocre at best. It's sort of like Pokemon in some ways cause it doesn't follow it's own logic. (i.e. Pikachu defeating a Ground type and People dueling with crap decks that somehow pull off a incredible win) Pokemon in the earlier anime had a lot of good emotion and character development so did the original Yu-Gi-Oh after GX I don't even think they were trying anymore.
Code Geass wasn't too hyped IMO. What was over hyped was the "adult" scenes in that anime...and honestly who cares anyway about that? Unless your 12-16 and it's after midnight and your into toon cleavage. Same thing for Eureka 7....

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
This is because the main character isn't the standard scared of women douche.

I don't like those characters either. But I don't think Kyousuke was much better. He really needed to tell his sister to just f*ck off. Kuroneko is the only redeeming factor about that show IMO. Kana Hanazawa <3

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You know what else is overhyped, anime that suck and/or are know for their fan service, like Eiken.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
That's hyped? As in mentioned... at all?
I don't know...I'm trying to spark discussion and I recently failed at trick a computer by thinking of it. You know what I mean though...the hyped ecchi show that everyone relates back to when something perverted happens.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the reason I still haven't watched FMA:B is because it's been overhyped.

Which begs the question, how do you know it's overhyped if you haven't even watched it to determine if it actually deserves the hype or not?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
idolm@ster

i don't get why it's so great :/

Any show that can make me cry manly tears is great in my book, plus the moe overload is just amazing.
The songs are pretty awesome too.

Which begs the question, how do you know it's overhyped if you haven't even watched it to determine if it actually deserves the hype or not?

The last show that was hyped up to me as much as Brotherhood was Ouran Host Club, and I hate Ouran Host Club, so I'm a bit hesitant thinking I'm going to be let down. The chances are I will like it since I liked he first series, I just can't get over this feeling that it's going to be a major let down.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And don't get me started on Tokyo Mew Mew..

That gets overhyped o_o? Well, yeah, I can see that happening with little girls, but I don't see it in a typical otaku life-style.

Wait...

Would Kirby of the Stars (or Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, take your pick) count as being overhyped, at least here in America?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
The last show that was hyped up to me as much as Brotherhood was Ouran Host Club, and I hate Ouran Host Club, so I'm a bit hesitant thinking I'm going to be let down. The chances are I will like it since I liked he first series, I just can't get over this feeling that it's going to be a major let down.

Trust me, if you enjoyed the first series, you'll enjoy Brotherhood.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Would Kirby of the Stars (or Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, take your pick) count as being overhyped, at least here in America?
No, it's bar average and stereotypical but definitely not overhyped.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Gonna get a lot of heat for this but Clannad. Unless slice of life is your thing, its very overhyped by its fans.

Well yeah if you don't like the genre your probably not gonna like it. That goes for all anime. Regardless of how good Clannad may be, it's not gonna appeal to causal anime fans who only like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho.(Just an example.) It doesn't mean it's overhyped.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Well yeah if you don't like the genre your probably not gonna like it. That goes for all anime. Regardless of how good Clannad may be, it's not gonna appeal to causal anime fans who only like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho.(Just an example.) It doesn't mean it's overhyped.

Yeah, that's like saying Gundam is overhyped if you don't like mecha, or Initial D is overhyped if you don't like cars.