• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overhyped Anime

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes, you're practically spamming them to be honest.
That's what some strategies in Pokemon battles are. Someone hacked you, you have Magic Guard.
[IMG200]http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/2/28/Kururu_chuckle.gif[/IMG200]

I love seeing people miserable for reasons like yours, it cracks me up.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
It was a great story. Tell me, what was so wrong with it? Make an effort to convince me you're not full of it and try a cohesive, logical argument.

Opinions are not facts. Seriously. If you like it, fine! If someone else doesn't, fine! Why does it bother you that much?

And besides that, saying it's dumb is probably the most "too the point" complaint I have. What's dumb about it? I thought a lot of the characters were poorly designed, especially that army of fuzz-balls, which honestly I didn't find funny, creative, or even much to look at or listen to. There's also a guy with opossum like eyes that talks in a stereotypical gay accent. Jee, what a great character design. (Sarcasm.)

The overrated quotes like "This drill will pierce the sky" or "Just who the hell do you think we are," ...Is that supposed to be catchy? I can combine a random weapon, an action, and a location into one sentence too. "This Chakra will slice the heavens." ...Okay, they're just quotes. It's not that they're annoying, it's just that... I don't see how its catchy.

And before you say anything, I watched the whole series through. I may not remember much of it (I try not to) but I don't remember any part I particularly enjoyed. Most of it was just... boring. The jokes were more annoying than anything and the rest just didn't appeal to me. I don't care if you like Gurren Lagann. That's all fine and dandy. But you have no authority telling people they can't like it, even if you assume they have "dumb" reasons for disliking it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Opinions are not facts. Seriously. If you like it, fine! If someone else doesn't, fine! Why does it bother you that much?

You're right, opinions are not facts. So if you're going to post saying it's a bad show I'm going to post saying it's a great show. That's how a debate works.

And besides that, saying it's dumb is probably the most "too the point" complaint I have. What's dumb about it? I thought a lot of the characters were poorly designed, especially that army of fuzz-balls, which honestly I didn't find funny, creative, or even much to look at or listen to. There's also a guy with opossum like eyes that talks in a stereotypical gay accent. Jee, what a great character design. (Sarcasm.)

Like right here. I disagree and say that the character designs were great. Kamina made those old gangster glasses cool again, and had on of the most badass tattered capes out there. Yoko's attire speaks for itself as to how over the top and honest the show can be, while her strong personality still shines through. Same can be said for Leeron. Even with his heavy gay overtones his character of a down to earth mechanic is still able to form an attachment with the audience. And not to mention the Beastmen were not just fuzz-balls. They had apes, anteaters, chickens, birds, and all sorts of fish henchmen too.

The overrated quotes like "This drill will pierce the sky" or "Just who the hell do you think we are," ...Is that supposed to be catchy? I can combine a random weapon, an action, and a location into one sentence too. "This Chakra will slice the heavens." ...Okay, they're just quotes. It's not that they're annoying, it's just that... I don't see how its catchy.

The "drill piercing the heavens" quote is not just to sound cool, it has deep meaning within the story. Lord Genome explains in episode 18 that spiral creatures always seek to reach the heavens, which relates to the underlying theme of human evolution throughout the series.

And before you say anything, I watched the whole series through. I may not remember much of it (I try not to) but I don't remember any part I particularly enjoyed. Most of it was just... boring. The jokes were more annoying than anything and the rest just didn't appeal to me. I don't care if you like Gurren Lagann. That's all fine and dandy. But you have no authority telling people they can't like it, even if you assume they have "dumb" reasons for disliking it.

Okay at least in this post you TRIED to make a decent argument. Even if you didn't respond to my challenge to say why it wasn't a good story.

Though I never said you couldn't like it. In fact I said:
You can dislike the show all you want.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Okay, so we are in an agreement. You like Gurren Lagann, I don't. So be it. Settled? :D

Sadu-Hem

Ragnarok Bringer
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

It's OK and all but I really don't need all these neckbeards calling the little cat-rat thing the most heartless thing to come out of anime ever.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

It's OK and all but I really don't need all these neckbeards calling the little cat-rat thing the most heartless thing to come out of anime ever.

You, sir, have no soul heart..........(0.0)

If anything Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is underhyped......

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Can I say One Piece and not be killed. If not, Bobobo-bobo-bobobobobo. Or whatever it is called.

How is Bobo overhyped? It's practically hated by most people that watches it simply because it's amazingly crazy. I've barely seen any people that actually like the series...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You, sir, have no soul heart..........(0.0)

Oh boy here we go.

I'm in the pool that it's overhyped. It's still a great show, but I didn't find it mind blowing like some people did.

Kaiserin

please wake up...

Well, at least they're technically accurate. Kyuubey really doesn't have emotions, to be fair.

But yeah, I liked Madoka, but I don't think it's the be-all end-all of "magical girl deconstruction" anime. It had its flaws and downsides, and it's stretching it to say it's underhyped. At all.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I think the hyped died down pretty quick for Madoka. While it was airing, it was a little overhyped, mainly for episode 3. It's a good show, and does live to the hype though. I agree it's not the be-all end-all of the magical girl genre. It does come damn close for the time being.

Mankanshoku Mako

Madoka underhyped? It's fanbase treated it as the best thing to ever happen to anime for most of 2011, you couldn't walk five feet through any anime related website without seeing something Madoka related. It was a good show, but it wasn't anywhere near worthy of such hype and exposure.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Death Note and or Yu-Yu Hakusho.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Death Note and or Yu-Yu Hakusho.

Hmm someone wants to die tonight huh?

1. Takes out Death Note, finds thebattlefrontierash's facebook.

2. Writes his name

3. Within 40 seconds, writes that _______ dies from __________________

4. The next 6 minutes and 40 is spent on how _________ dies.

5. thebattlefrontierash stops posting on serebii after 2012.

Well that was a fun use of 5 minutes lol.

thebattlefrontierash, don't take it personally. I was just bored after studying for my exams and I couldn't help myself when you listed Death Note lol.