• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Overhyped" things in Pokémon.

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
It's Clefable, Mega-Diancie and Azumarill you should be worried about if it comes to how powerful Fairy-types can be. And hey, Mega-Mawile didn't get banned for no reason. But the Dragons are still there as well. Charizard-X and Mega-Altaria are still top-tier OU.

But now that I think about it, those two aren't Fairy-weak. Which might have to do with why they are top-tier. Ah well, there's still Garchomp and Latios. And I assume Kyurem-B is bulky enough to talk even a SE Fairy-type hit, so that one is still a present force to be reckoned with as well.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's Clefable, Mega-Diancie and Azumarill you should be worried about if it comes to how powerful Fairy-types can be. And hey, Mega-Mawile didn't get banned for no reason. But the Dragons are still there as well. Charizard-X and Mega-Altaria are still top-tier OU.

But now that I think about it, those two aren't Fairy-weak. Which might have to do with why they are top-tier. Ah well, there's still Garchomp and Latios. And I assume Kyurem-B is bulky enough to talk even a SE Fairy-type hit, so that one is still a present force to be reckoned with as well.

Wait... Mega Altaria is also a Fairy type. Togekiss, a Fairy-Flying type Pokemon, is viable with Air Slash + Serene Grace tactics unless your Pokemon outspeeds it.

Last edited:

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
Haha, yes, Mega-Altaria is both! (and I forgot Fairy doesn't resist itself, so it's still weak to other Fairy-types, my mistake)
Togekiss is very nice too! And underrated. Probably for a reason, but it's so cute! And even though it doesn't use Fairy-type moves competitively, its typing still helps it to resist a ton of stuff and flinch others easier :b

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Haha, yes, Mega-Altaria is both! (and I forgot Fairy doesn't resist itself, so it's still weak to other Fairy-types, my mistake)
Togekiss is very nice too! And underrated. Probably for a reason, but it's so cute! And even though it doesn't use Fairy-type moves competitively, its typing still helps it to resist a ton of stuff and flinch others easier :b

Yeah, Togekiss is a potential top-tier threat but it can be checked by Steel-types, Rock types and Electric types, since they don't take much damage from Air Slash and Electric types often outspeed Togekiss. But I agree that the Fairy type that is overhyped is Sylveon. Lots of fan art, attention and whatever you name it.

The want for Dunsparce to receive a Mega Evolution. Whenever I see people list Pokemon that (")deserve(") megas, it's there 90% of the time.
In no way am I saying I'm against it getting one in general. It's just that I can't see a Pokemon like Dunsparce going straight to a Mega Evolution.
Also, I know it wouldn't be the first time a single stage 'mon get's one. In my opinion, it already looks boring enough where a Mega for this thing would be too drastic/sudden/"that escalated quickly!" level (<take your pick).

Bit off-topic, so I'll keep this short, I could see it evolving at least once (Normal/Dragon, perhaps?) before getting a mega.

Any announcement about an announcement. Most of the time people thing its a new game or the like, and it turns out to be something like... that spiked-ear Pichu! Or some minor event in Japan only!

I've thought about it, and yeah, this.
Who says every announcement we get has to automatically be something franchise-changing?

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
The want for Dunsparce to receive a Mega Evolution. Whenever I see people list Pokemon that (")deserve(") megas, it's there 90% of the time.
In no way am I saying I'm against it getting one in general. It's just that I can't see a Pokemon like Dunsparce going straight to a Mega Evolution.
Also, I know it wouldn't be the first time a single stage 'mon get's one. In my opinion, it already looks boring enough where a Mega for this thing would be too drastic/sudden/"that escalated quickly!" level (<take your pick).

Bit off-topic, so I'll keep this short, I could see it evolving at least once (Normal/Dragon, perhaps?) before getting a mega.
I guess it's because people have been anticipating a regular Dunsparce evolution ever since cross-Generation evolution's introduction in Generation 4. To be honest though, I think Dunsparce is a pretty forgettable Pokemon. While it's true that a mega could remedy this somewhat, there are just so many 'better' options for Mega Evolution I can think of, that I'm actually hoping Dunsparce will just stay like it is now.

Creyk

Hoopa and Hoopa-Unbound are completely overhyped in the monotype metagame..

Such garbo

So true.
I was very surprised when I strarted using it and how complete garbage it really is. It's outsped easily. Dies from any physical attack. Useless ability. One of it's signature moves is outclassed by Psychic, the other one comes with a backlash. It's really totally awful.

Viola

Meteor ready!
People who complain about Genwunners over and over again to the point where they become insufferable themselves.

Absolutely, especially when it reaches the point of refusing to accept anything about the original games were ever good, which is far too common these days.

The "Hoenn Babies" became far more annoying than Genwunners ever were, mainly because they're much more active in the community. Genwunners don't tend to hang around Pokemon forums (except to troll, but that's inevitable with any subject).

MalcolmBelmontS

To be honest..most Psuedo Legendaries are over-hyped as a lot of them have obvious weaknesses (Dragons). Though i do love me some Metagross and Haxours

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
To be honest..most Psuedo Legendaries are over-hyped as a lot of them have obvious weaknesses (Dragons). Though i do love me some Metagross and Haxours

Uhh... Haxorus is not a pseudo legendary. It doesn't fit the criteria for 600 BST but it is part of a three-stage evolutionary line.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Regigigas is definitely overhyped. It has starred in movies specifically the one with Giratina, it's the boss of the Regis and in the games, has the most hindering Abilities in the game: Slow Start.

This whole "gen 6.5" theory is overhyped.

What exactly is the problem with getting less than 100 new Pokemon (hell, we got less than that. We got less than 80!) for once?
Is there some written law that says we have to have at least 100 new ones each gen?

In this case, I'm not counting megas as new Pokemon. In my opinion, they're essentially just new forms for existing Pokemon. I mean, they don't even have their own major slot in the dex, anyway.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
Charizard. The franchise as a whole but especially the anime seems to love promoting this Pokemon. But it honestly isn't that great of a Pokemon, in my opinion. I don't like that it gains that magnified weakness to rock types, and it has a redundant resistance to grass and bug types. Personally, while I don't hate it, Charizard is my least favorite of the Starter Pokemon Final Evolutions.

And if Ash ends up getting the chance to Mega Evolve one of his Pokemon by the end of XY, I'd rather it be Sceptile rather than Charizard. Charizard already got to come back in BW and I don't want to see it again while the other Pokemon in his box get ignored.

Tangeh

Charizard. The franchise as a whole but especially the anime seems to love promoting this Pokemon. But it honestly isn't that great of a Pokemon, in my opinion. I don't like that it gains that magnified weakness to rock types, and it has a redundant resistance to grass and bug types. Personally, while I don't hate it, Charizard is my least favorite of the Starter Pokemon Final Evolutions.

And if Ash ends up getting the chance to Mega Evolve one of his Pokemon by the end of XY, I'd rather it be Sceptile rather than Charizard. Charizard already got to come back in BW and I don't want to see it again while the other Pokemon in his box get ignored.

To be fair Charizard is probably the third most recognizable pokemon behind pikachu and jigglypuff (to those who don't follow the games or anime). It was hugely popular in gen I and its carried forward even to today. And it's only gen VI it's really come back to the forefront in the anime and games. I'm indifferent to Charizard but I don't mind the attention it's received.

On a related note, I've never understood why Lucario has gotten so much attention. It has it's own movie, is a playable character in SSB and prominently featured in many spinoffs, got a mega and it's own little anime run more recently... Like I don't mind the thing at all, I just don't get it like I get Charizard. xD

I guess it's because people have been anticipating a regular Dunsparce evolution ever since cross-Generation evolution's introduction in Generation 4. To be honest though, I think Dunsparce is a pretty forgettable Pokemon. While it's true that a mega could remedy this somewhat, there are just so many 'better' options for Mega Evolution I can think of, that I'm actually hoping Dunsparce will just stay like it is now.

Idk man, it helped audino. xD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I've already shared my dislike of Charizard countless times on this forum. I don't need to say it again.

Pikachu is way overhyped, while Raichu gets no love. I like Pikachu, (more than Charizard anyway) and I get that it's the mascot of the series, but it's on everything. >_> It's evolved form can be cute too ya know.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pikachu is way overhyped, while Raichu gets no love. I like Pikachu, (more than Charizard anyway) and I get that it's the mascot of the series, but it's on everything. >_> It's evolved form can be cute too ya know.

I agree. It gets a lot of attention with Cosplay Pikachu and it appears in almost every single episode of the Pokémon anime.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Ash's Charizard